Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

Moving Up And On

She waited for Ryan to return out the back and she ran towards him and he sprinted at her and they collided. "You were fucking incredible Dorothy!" he yelled and she hugged him "So were you!" she laughed and he squeezed her tight against him "We're gold medalists!" he shouted as she nodded beaming at him “Thank you for the pep talk last night” he offered and he shook his head “What are buddies for hey?” he answered bear hugging her again and she gripped him back. “Come on we have to get on the coach!” he said pushing his hand in to hers and pulling her after him and she grabbed her stuff letting him drag her on to the coach.

The coach erupted in cheers as they medallists walked on and as she sat next to Ryan she couldn’t stop grinning, “Photo time!” Ryan yelled as Missy grabbed his phone and Ryan grabbed Dorothy for photos. He dropped his medal grabbing hers as it hung around her neck and bit it and she looked at him before doing the same with his and Missy laughed at the pair of them messing around.

Once they’d gotten back to the village they were both ready for bed, “I have to sleep but I don’t want to!” Dorothy complained and Ryan nodded as they climbed off the bus still hand in hand, “Well you have to sleep, you have your IM tomorrow and I have my free” he pointed out as they climbed the stairs and she nodded as they stopped outside her door.

“Well, well done Princess fly and get your rest for tomorrow! I’ll see you!” he said hugging her letting her hand go and she hugged him back “See you tomorrow and congratulations Mr Back” she joked and he laughed letting her go before walking off. She collapsed in to bed before her phone buzzed ‘Work tomorrow! Don’t fuck it up now! x’ she read before inwardly sighing.

She scrolled through her phone reading texts before seeing Ryan’s name, she clicked reply ‘Random thought just popped into my head, not that I think about you in bed…that often ;) But I have my own gold now so I don’t have to borrow yours! Xxx’ she sent before her phone buzzed again. ‘Well I think of you a lot ;) We can wear both of our gold medals, just have to be careful not to scratch them…you could scratch me though ;)…too far? Xxx’ she saw before trying not to laugh.

‘Yeah probably too far! Sleep Ryan! Xxx’ she texted before falling asleep with her medal still around her neck. The heats came for her 200IM and she looked around to see she’d posted a time of 2:10.94 from lane 5 to win her heat and she nodded climbing out the pool, she had tried Ryan’s ‘pull under the water on the first one’ idea and it felt to have some positive effect.

She wanted to know her splits, it was a forgone conclusion that her fly was going to be her quickest split and that she’d drop massively in the other 3. She knew she couldn’t hold the others on her breast and backstroke but that she’d have to fight for a decent free to get them back.

She had the privilege of being in the second semi final so she knew what time she had to put in to get through, the buzzer went and she dived in pushing her way through the water. She felt her body start to burn and saw she was in 3rd place and let herself back off, she climbed out the pool grabbing her stuff. She was sat on the coach already when Ryan walked on sitting at her sided “Where’d you go? My good luck kiss never happened and I finished 4th” he grumbled and she looked at him.

“Shit! I am so sorry; I was just thinking about times and the race tomorrow. Damn I suck” she apologized and he shook his head “Nah it wasn’t one I expected to medal in really so we’re cool. Just don’t forget it tomorrow” “I won’t, promise” she replied and he winked at her sitting back stretching out.

“So your race went good?” “I got lane 4 for the final and posted a 2:06.81 time" she said admitted and he nodded. "How'd the parents cope?" "Oh they're loving it I hope! Hey your advice? It worked out I think, thanks" she smiled, "You're tired already?" "Nope, just wanting to get tomorrow under way" she replied and he nodded. They got to her room and he hugged her "See you in the morning! Sleep well" he said letting her go and she collapsed on her bed falling asleep.