Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

Can We Not Talk About It?

Dorothy had been working at organising everything and sorting out how to hold the charity event, she was tired and frustrated at herself. "Ryan please, I need to go to sleep because I'm exhausted" she whined and he groaned "Fine! I'll go with Michael with his sisters!" he smiled leaving her alone at her house.

He saw Michael in the bar walking over, "Where's Dorothy?" "Sleeping" Ryan stated and he nodded back. 3 hours later and Ryan was drunk it was safe to say, "You're an idiot Phelps!" "Quitting swimming? Yeah so you tell me" he laughed "No! For being totally blind and completely rude and stupid!" he snapped.

"What? Why?" "Because you can't see what you've done!" he growled slamming his drink down on the table, "What have I done?" he asked. "Your stupid girlfriend! Can't you see how it upsets Dorothy? Don't you dare parade her around infront of Dorothy!" he argued. "Why does she care?" "Oh what did you think she rang you for when she was in Florida?" Ryan yelled at him as Michael quietness him down.

"She made her point Ryan" "Obviously not! She admitted to liking you! The girl loves you Michael, she wanted to come home and tell you she loved you! But she gets to meet your girlfriend, you're an idiot!" Ryan admitted and Michael shook his head. "You're drunk" "Doesn't mean I'm lying does it!" he laughed and Michael sighed "We'll discuss this later!" he reasoned and Ryan nodded ordering another drink.

The place got busier and Michael phished his phone from his pocket to see it was 3am. He had several texts but the 4 missed calls bothered him more along with the voicemail note, "I'm going to make a call" he yelled walking outside. 'Hello! Michael I didn't want to disturb you but Dorothy's phone is off and I didn't know who else to try. It's her dad, I should've said that at the start! Her mom, I've had to take...she's in the ER. She isn't well Michael! Can you go to Dorothy or get her to ring me back I'm worried about them both!' the call went dead and he looked for his keys.

"Shit!" he groaned realising he'd give them to his sister, he hailed a cab and threw money at him before running to the door banging on it. "Come on Dorothy" he grbled before seeing the lights turn on "What are you doing?" she yelled "Your phone! Ring your father now!" he ordered shutting the door as he pushed her inside.

He watched as she cried listening to her dad, she just sat crying in the silence afterwards and he fetched her a drink taking his jacket off wrapping it around her. "Dolly, I'm sorry!" he offered and she shook her head tears rolling down her cheeks, he snuck out ringing her dad and heading back inside finding her curled up on the couch.

He sat down next to her letting her cry into his side running his hand over her head, "Dolly, go to sleep and I'll wake you up" he reasoned and she shook her head at him. "You can go, you don't have to..." "I'm staying! Come on sleep with me and it'll be fine, I promise!" he smiled and she glared at him.

"Don't! Mikey don't!" she begged as he laid down pulling her to lay with him hugging her into his body "Go to sleep Dolly, I will wake you up" he whispered against her ear kissing it and she gripped him tighter.

Her phone rang and he shook her gently handing her it and she answered it listening to her father as her fingers gripped at the hair near the base of his neck. He felt his eyes heavy wishing to sleep as his hand found flesh on his back seeing her pajama top had risen up, his fingers massaged at her skin as she spoke to her dad holding her tightly against him as she laid on top of him.

He sighed and the smell of her skin overwhelmed him, he looked down at her feet to see them resting on his. He was stupid, he wanted her and lost his temper at being told no. He had misinterpreted the voicemail to mean she wanted him gone, he'd been stupid and attached himself to another girl.

It was over an hour before she said goodbye and he braced himself, "She's awake and telling the doctor she could 'just eat a panini'" she laughed and he smiled. "So she's okay?" "They'll know more in the morning" she explained and he smiled "That's good" he reasoned and she sighed rolling to lay on her side next to him.

"You can go home now, thank you though" she said smiling weakly and he shook his head his hand playing with her hair "I'll stay here" "You don't have to" she reasoned and he nodded. "I know, but I will all the same" he smiled and she smiled "Really Mikey, go home or back to Ryan and your sisters" she pushed although she wanted him to stay.

"I want to stay, Ryan will be too far gone to care and my sisters will be as bad! Don't worry" he laughed as Dolly rested her hand on his chest. "I want to spend the night here with you" he said quietly as he rolled to face her kissing her slowly and she panicked before he held her against him.

"I love you Dolly, more than I thought" he whispered against her skin.