Sequel: Swimmers Story

My 3 Dedications And Me

Show On The Road

She was dancing around the lounge to music on headphones when she stopped at the sight of Michael leant up the wall laughing, she pulled them off turning the music off “Ever thought of dancing as a career?” he teased “Ever thought of comedy?” she retorted and he grinned at her. “You should try being bitchy…maybe you’d take to it?” he suggested and she pulled a face at him.

“So we need to talk about training and nutrition” he started and she sat down looking at him as he spoke, they started talking “Mikey I can’t afford to do this” “Yes you can! Look you said this the other day; I don’t expect you to go paying me loads because I’ve not done this before. If we start making progress then we can talk money” he explained and she nodded. “Dolly all this sitting and watching TV will not be happening,” he teased and she groaned as he turned the TV off, he started to talk again and the phone rang but she ignored it.

“Ignore it, it’ll be them stupid cold callers” she grumbled as he carried on and she cell rang “Hello” she said as she answered it and she heard a familiar voice “Hi momma! Oh erm yeah, how are you?” she asked and Michael stood up “I’ll see you” he mouthed hugging her before he left and she smiled as he closed the door. She ran down the road her headphones on; she knocked on his door but got no answer. She started to run and before reaching his mom’s house and seeing his car outside, she leant up the car catching her breath before tying her hair up.

She was about to leave when the front door opened and she saw a tall figure walking towards the car “Dolly is that you?” he said squinting against the sun and she nodded “I went for a run, you weren’t in but I was coming this way. I just thought I’d say thanks about earlier” “Oh no, it’s cool! Not going to separate a girl and her mother” he smiled and she nodded.

“Anyway…I’m sure you’ve got things to be doing, autographs to sign, interviews to do” she joked and he laughed “Or just you know, my bed to sleep in” he answered grinning “Well I’ll see you tomorrow morning then yeah?” she asked and he nodded as she turned to leave. “Dolly, how was your mom?” he quizzed and she nodded smiling “Good?” “Well no she’s not but you know society dictates I give the answer you want to hear” she stated and he rolled his eyes.

“Well as your friend and coach I require honesty from you so come on tell me” he reasoned and she smiled “She’s in hospital” “Dolly! Look if you want to go over to see them it’s cool. I can wait a couple days for you to get back and you can always swim there if you want to stay longer,” he offered and she shook her head walking back to him. “No she goes in sometimes, honestly it’s nothing but thank you. I don’t go see them very often. It only stresses mom out when I leave so I just stay over here unless it’s Christmas or something” she explained and he nodded “Well your family comes first, if your mom is ill and this stuff happens a bit then you can always tell me about it” he reassured and she smiled.

“Thanks but it’s fine, honestly” “Look Dolly, this thing we’re going to try together. It means we have to work together, I know I’ve pissed you off and I know we’re going to argue sometimes but we have to be able to work together. You’ve got to trust me and I have to trust you, that means we’ve got to have pretty open minds to each other. Well I don’t have to but it’s kind of unfair for me to ask to be in your head all the time and not let you in mine so I’ll let you in. That oneness you have with the water, we need to have it together and honestly I think that’ll be the way we succeed at this thing” he admitted and she shook her head.

“Mikey I’m going for a jog, I don’t need some farfetched team talk” she teased and he laughed “I’m serious” “I know you are” she replied and he shook his head. “Well do I have permission to go for a jog Mr Phelps?” she asked and he nodded “I will see you in the morning Miss. Phoenix!” he called as she ran away from him.