Don't Wanna Be Without You

Chapter 1

Niall's POV:

I've been in love with Nora for three years. She's everything to me and she doesn't even know it. I've tried to tell her, but somehow every time I do, the time just isn't right. Most lads say to just let her hear how much she means to me. But they don't get it. If I do this wrong, or she doesn't feel the same, or I don't express to her exactly how I feel, I might lose my best friend.
Since I'd been on x-factor, I haven't seen her as much as I used to by any means. I wished I could be with her in Mullingar every second that i was away.. But even the with the distance, i'd never felt closer to anyone in my life.
I am in the friend zone, for sure. And I know that if I don't tell her how i'm feeling soon, she's going to find someone who will.
Today's the day I finally get to come home, after placing 3rd with my group "One Direction." I finally get to see her...

"NIALL!" I heard from across the airport. I turned to the direction of which my name was echoing to see Nora running towards me, a smile beaming from her face. I dropped my bags onto the floor, a smile forming on my mouth. I extended my arms and braced myself for what I knew was coming. She jumped into my arms, wrapping her legs around my body and hugging me, probably as hard as she ever had before.
"Hi Nora," I whispered, rocking back and forth with her in my arms before setting her down.
"I've missed you so much!" she gushed, looking up into my eyes.
"I've missed you more than you could ever imagine, love," I said, brushing a piece of her brown, wavy hair behind her ear. She giggled, hugging me again.
"So how was it?!" She asked.
"It was fantastic," I said, throwing my head back for effect.
"How were the guys?" she inquired. "Did you like them?! What are they like?"
"They're great," I said. "You'd really like them." I wanted to get off this topic. I wanted to tell her how I felt. But the questions kept coming. So I entertained her for another 5 minutes or so before we started out to the car.
"It's chilly!" She said as we exited the airport and stepped into the cold air.
"Come here," I said, pulling her in close to me. I opened my jacket so that she could wrap her arms around me, and I let it close around her, my arms resting perfectly around her shoulders and back.
"Thank you," she said, looking up at me with her beautiful brown eyes. This was it. I took a deep breath, our eyes never moving from each other's. I lowered my head slowly, pressing my lips against hers. We kissed for a while, standing outside the doors of the airport. It felt like a movie. Everything was perfect...
Just as we pulled away, a car pulled up next to us.
"Hey babe," a voice said. it was my close friend, Sean.
"Hey man," I said, thinking I was the "babe."
"Oh, hey Niall!" he said. I was confused, until I realized that Nora had pulled away from me and was already headed towards the car.
I stood motionless for a minute. What was happening.
"You coming?" Sean asked. I looked to Nora, but she wouldn't even look at me. When she did look up, I saw that tears were gathered at the bottoms of her eyes.
She was dating Sean. It was obvious now, as he wrapped his arm around the back of her seat.
"Nah, I'm good man," I said, my voice cracking as I briskly walked away.
"What's with him?" I heard Sean say to Nora. How could he do this to me. How could SHE do this. I dialed my friend Brian to come get me, and sat down on a bench to wait. A text from Nora popped up on my screen.
"Niall, please talk to me. I have a lot of explaining to do."
Damn straight she had a lot of explaining to do. Sean knew how I felt about her. And last time I checked neither of them were even remotely interested in each other. They were barely even friends when I left. But a lot can change.