Status: First story I'm posting on here...so here goes nothing! (:

Hidden Butterflies

Chapter 4

"He went to check on you? Tessa that's so sweet!" Sarah squealed over the phone. I had just finished telling her what happened at lunch today. Well, minus me almost relapsing and Adam's best friend killing himself.

"I guess it was." I said.

"I can tell you're blushing!"

And I was. But I wasn't about to admit it. "No I'm not!" I laughed.

"Sure, Tess. Whatever you say. But Brooke does have a point. You need to get over Micheal once and for all.

I sighed and laid down on my bed. "I know. Brooke already lectured me, you don't have to."

"Good cause I have homework to do."

"Already? It's the first day of school."

"My English teacher sucks." Sarah laughed.

"Well I'll let you go then." We said our goodbyes and I hung up the phone. For a few minutes, I laid on my bed and just thought about my day. About Adam, his decreased best friend, Micheal, Brooke, everything. It was only 2:30, so mom and Derek weren't home yet. I was all alone in my big house. I could cut. But for the first time in a while, I didn't want to.

Yes, today had bee over-whelming, but it wasn't terrible. My new teachers weren't evil, no one harassed me, and I met Adam.

Adam. I would never admit it to Brooke and Sarah, but i did like him. Not because of his looks, those were just a bonus, but because he cares about me. He cares so much that he came out in the rain to make sure I was okay. He wanted to make sure I hadn't hurt myself. And I didn't. But if he hadn't come out, would I have cut? Thinking back, I probably would have. Adam had saved me, just like Micheal did.

"God damn it, why is it so hot?" I mumbled to myself. I hopped off my bed and went to open my window. It was still raining, down pouring actually, but I didn't care. Pulling up the shades, I noticed that I could see straight into the house next door, Adam's house. The couple who lived there before Adam's family moved in left that room dark all the time. I assumed that used that room for storage. I stared into the room for a second. There was a light on, but the room appeared to be empty. All of sudden, someone walked in, threw something on the ground,and flopped onto the bed.

It was Adam. "Holy shit." I whispered. Quickly, I ran back to my bed, hoping he didn't see me. Not knowing what else to do, I called Brooke.

"Brooke! We have a problem!" I said the second she answered.

"Chill out, Tess! What is it?"

"I can see into Adam's room. And I'm pretty sure he can see into mine."

"How is that a bad thing? You can see his abs, or maybe even his-"

"Brooke!" I stopped her before she finished her sentence.

"What? You know I'm right! This is a blessing, trust me." Brooke said.

"Wait, how do you know he has abs?" I asked.

"Please. He has the perfect body for abs. Plus, I just know these things."

"You're insane." I said simply.

"But this is a good thing! You can see what he's really like. When he thinks no one is watching him."

"So become a peeping Tom? Hell no! I'm never going near that window again."

"Fine, I will." Brooke laughed.

"Brooke, this isn't funny." I tried to stopped from laughing. From my bedroom, I heard my doorbell ring. I got up and went downstairs to get it. Brooke was still talking, but I could barely understand her.

When I got to the front door, I opened the door and almost dropped my phone out of my hand. It was Adam, still wearing his sweatshirt, with dripping wet hair. He looked adorable yet helpless.

"We need to talk." He said.

'Brooke, i'm gonna have to call you back." I hung up the phone and let Adam inside.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long to update! I've had the worst writer's block ever. And also sorry that this is a short chapter, i'll try to make the next one long (:

-Marissa