Status: First story I'm posting on here...so here goes nothing! (:

Hidden Butterflies

Chapter 5

"What the hell are you doing here?" I asked as Adam sat down on the living room couch.

"We have to talk about what happened earlier." Adam said tonelessly.

"No we don't." My tone was harsh and cold.

"Yes we do, Tess. I got carried away with Austin and my life that I forgot about you."

"Is Austin-"

"Yes." He interrupted, already knowing what I was going to ask. "But I'm not here to talk about that."

"I know. You're here to try to convince that I have some sort of problem. When in reality, I'm perfectly fine." Although I was standing on the other side of the room with my arms crossed, it felt as if I was right in front of him. It was as if he was reading me, studying me.

"Why are you being so critical? I'm just trying to help." Adam stood up and walked toward me.

"Before you help me, try helping yourself first." I snapped.

"What does that mean?" Adam asked. At this point, he was right in front of me.

"I'm not stupid Adam. I know what you do to yourself."

Adam laughed. "You're insane."

"Not so fun to be accused of cutting, now is it?"

Adam smiled and laughed a little more. He then pressed his forehead to mine and pulled me closer to him.

"What are you..." My word drowned out. His cold hands slowly moved down my arm. His fingertips grazed mine for a second. I didn't know what he was doing, or why, but I didn't want him to stop. His fingers reached my hips. Slowly, he slid his thumb under my shirt. He moved his thumb in slow, gentle circles on my skin. He was still holding my tightly; his left hand resting on the small of my back, while the other laid on my hip. His thumb still moved around my skin, until it reached a scar.

I flinched and gasped quietly, praying he didn't notice.

"Now do you wanna tell me the truth?" Adam smirked while pushing me away.

"What the hell was that! You, you did that on purpose! You smug son of a bitch! Get out of my house!" I screamed while still in shock.

"Calm down. You wouldn't tell me the truth, so I had to do it the hard way. But now I can help you." Adam clenched my shoulders, but I shook him away.

'No! I don't need your help! I've been clean all damn summer, you bastard!"

"And that's good, but I can help you stay clean. I want to help. I really care about you, Tessa." Adam tried to be sincere, but I wasn't buying it.

"I don't need help. I'm not some charity case. I don't need guys I barely know looking after me. I am a big girl, Adam. I can handle my problems by myself. I don't need you."I tried to walk away, but Adam grabbed my wrist tightly.

"Stop lying to me, and to yourself. You're okay for now, not forever."

"You don't know me. You don't know why I did it. You don't know anything!" I shouted.

"You're right. You're one hundred percent right. But I've been where you are right now."

I paused for a second. Did he just admit that he cuts? I looked at him; his eyes were sad and broken.

"I know what it's like to feel like you're fine. That you've stopped forever, that you're clean. But there's always something that makes you start again. Always." Adam continued.

"So, you, you admit it." I said softly.

"Yeah, I admit it. I cut. Are you happy?" Adam looked defeated. His secret was out, but so was mine. I had finally met someone like me.

"Come here." I held Adam gently while he sobbed on my shoulder for what seemed like forever. And spending forever with Adam was perfectly fine with me.
♠ ♠ ♠
So...what do you guys think about what Adam did? Or how Tessa reacted? Hope you liked it! (:

-Marissa