Status: I'll update as much as I can. c:

Sing Me To Sleep

Chapter 3

The next month went quicker than I had expected. I've been so busy helping my mom put together the house and fixing my own room. I am very satisfied with final result, one wall on was covered in band posters, concert tickets, and drawings. On another wall, I had my small drawer with a mirror and a bunch of photographs from my friends, family, Jaime and I, when we were both little to up to now. I decided to paint that wall a light cream color while the other two free walls, light blue and purple. My bed was located on the purple wall, my favorite.

Since my dad hadn't put on internet on our house yet, Jaime and I would call or text each other everyday whenever we had the chance. It was still hard time having to be away from him or not being able to see him everyday. Everyday, I’d bug my dad to get us internet, but he always give me the same excuse of "Tomorrow." Yeah, tomorrow never seemed to come.

School is about to start the next morning. I'm terrified of what I would face once I stepped foot on the school grounds. Luckily, my younger sister is starting Freshmen year, so I won't be THAT alone, but the questions still went through my mind. "What if I don't make any friends? What if no one likes me? What if people avoid me like the plague?"

"No one is going to avoid you like the plague, Babe. People would be crazy to not want to be friends with such an amazing girl like you!" Jaime said through the phone.

"I don't know. I'm just really nervous about this. Starting all over, I don't like this at all."

"Don't you worry, everything is going to be A-OK. If anything happens just call me and I'll be here to listen, promise." I could imagine him raising his right as he promised. I smiled at the thought.

"I will...When will you come and visit me? I'd love to see you." I confessed.

"Soon, I promise. Maybe Christmas, if not definitely spring break."

"That's so long from now." I sighed "How's everything with the band?"

"Don't think about it too much. Time will fly." He sighed "We broke up..." He got quiet now.

I gasped, "WHAT!? HOW! WHEN!?"

I felt terrible for asking. I know how much he loves playing music and performing.

"Last night, things weren't going well. Other members weren't just feeling the music scene. I just...we were so close to making it big!" I could hear the sadness in his voice. He was really hoping to go far with the band.

"I'm so sorry. Things will turn up, I promise. You have a lot of talent Jaime and if you keep pushing yourself and never give up, you'll make it. I have faith in you."

"Thank you for listening, for believing in me. You're one reason why I haven't givin' up."

"I'm here for you and always will be."

Time started to fly as Jaime and I talked about anything, from how things were back home to which Disney movie is better. Soon I had to get ready for bed, school would start early the next day. We said our "talk to you later's" and "I love you's" before hanging up and drifting off to sleep...

I heard an obnoxious loud noise disrupting my sleep. I turned around and aimlessly moved my arm around the bed trying to find the source of the sound. My hand caught my phone, it was my alarm alerting me it was time to get ready for school. My stomach did awful twist at the thought of going to school. I laid back down on my bed taking deep breathes. I was beyond nervous at this god forsaken hour. Suddenly, my phone started to vibrate alerting me I had a message. Curiosity struck as to who would text me so early. I looked over at the text and it was Jaime. A smile spread across my face.

From: Jaime

"Buenos dias, amor. (Good Morning, love.) Today is a big day for you. First day of Senior year! I know you'll have a fantastic day. I can't wait to hear about your day. I love you. <3 :-)"

That text just made everything better. He definitely knows how brighten my darkest mood. I quickly sent back a text since I was running a little late now.

To Jaime:

"Good Morning. <3 Thank you so much. You always know how to make things better and look at the bright side. I'll be sure to call you once I get home or at lunch, promise. I love you more. c; <3"

I put my phone down on my bed, grabbed my towel and ran towards the bathroom before someone else went in. Throughout the shower I kept playing scenarios of what could happen today. I wasn't a very good idea.. It wouldn't have been to swell if I had some sort of panic attack in the shower. So I let the warm water calm my nerves. I soon got out of the shower, wrapped the towel around my body and ran to my room before someone saw me. I don't even know why I did that.

I searched through my closet for any decent clothes to wear today. I spent less than ten minutes staring at my closet and grab a pair of black skinny jeans and a light pink polka dot shirt. I blow dried my hair and just let my hair do it's thing and I left my hair with it's natural waves. I didn't feel like straightening it. I then put on some mascara and eyeliner. I'm not into make up that much. I looked over myself and decided that would do. I grabbed my bag and went over to my sister's room and knocked on her door. God forbid I opened it without knocking!

"Marisol, are you ready yet?" I said over the door.

"Almost! Help me pick out a shirt!"

I sighed loudly enough so she could hear me. I opened the door and I saw she had two shirts one on each hand. The one on her right was a black and white stripped shirt that was tied on the bottom. The other was a tan sleeveless shirt with a black collar. She's more "fashionable" than I am as she puts it. I'm not so sure how she became a "fashionista" out of nowhere.

"The collar shirt. Now let's go before we're LATE!" I yelled before closing the door. I heard her groan loudly. Jeez, obnoxious little one.

I went to the kitchen and toasted two bagels, one for myself and the other for my sister. Marisol came out of her room just in time when the bagels were ready.

"POR FIN!!(FINALLY!!)" I yelled at her and laughed.

She glared at me and snatched the bagel from my hand. "Shut up, let's go!" She said before taking a bite out of her bagel.

We walked out of the house and into the car. The school wasn't that far but my nerves made it seem like it was a four hour drive. Once we got there we went to out homerooms to pickup our schedules. Since my sister is a Freshen, we weren't able to be together. As I walked up to the classroom I began to shake a little. Boy, I didn't notice I was starting to freak out. I opened the door and luckily enough there weren't many students inside yet. I sat in the far back corner. I put my bag on the desk and took out my phone. Jaime's face popped up as my background and I smiled. I miss him so much. I wish he could be here or anxiously wait for the day to end so I could see him, but nooooooooooo.

My thought were interrupted by someone loudly sitting in front of me. I jumped a little and looked up and it was some guy. Hmm. The seats must be all taken. I look around and there are plenty of other seats. He is just staring at me and I gave him a confused look. He had a pale complexion, dark brown hair, past his ears, he looked pretty tall, also a bit buff, not too much but he's still lean, and he had really nice mesmerizing green eyes. NO. I snapped out of it.

"Is something on my face or something?" I asked him.

He was taken back from what I just said and he turned a little red. "Yes.." I put my hand up to my face in hopes of finding whatever crumb of bagel or cream I must have. "A beautiful face is what you have. That is all."

I must have looked like a red ass tomato. I smiled and looked down. "Uh, thanks I guess?" I must be so awkward.

"My name's Derrek, you must be new right? I would have remembered a beautiful face like your's if you went here before." He extended his hand towards me. I gently shook it.

"Ariel, yeah I just moved here from Cali." I said quietly.

"Oh, Cali girl, eh?" I looked up and he winked at me. DID HE JUST WINK AT ME? WHAT THE HELL? "Well, Ariel, I'll show you around the school. How about that? I'm pretty sure you don't know your way around." I don't think I should be around this guy, Jaime wouldn't like it, but he's right. I don't know my way around here nor do I have anyone else to help me. What the hell, what's the worst that could happen.

"Uhhh, sure thanks." He turned around in his seat as the homeroom teacher was instructing what we would do for the next 30 minutes.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah...Not a lot of Jaime but he'll show up soon.
Hope you guys like it. I'd appreciate some feedback! c:
I'll try to update tonight or tomorrow.