Status: I'll update as much as I can. c:

Sing Me To Sleep

Chapter 4

As the day went on, Derrek was practically glued to my side. He showed me every corner of the school, told me everything about the "cliques" and what not. How lame, they actually have "cliques" here!!

"Your old school didn't have cliques?" he asked as we walked to Guitar class. It was the only class we had together.

"Nope, not really."

"Hmm."

We walked in the room. It was pretty small for a guitar class. Four rows of ten seats with a guitar case next to each chair. How are we suppose to play like this? Luckily our class size was small. We only had about 15 students and we could spread around. Again, I sat on the far back corner and Derrek followed me. This kid really isn't going anywhere anytime soon. 

Our teacher, Mr. Jack, stood up in the front and addressed for the class attention. 

"Excuse me class. Welcome to a new year to the Guitar program! This year I have new songs for us to learn and use to compete at this year's Festival and Solo & Ensemble competition." He looked around and spotted me.

"Well looks like we have a new student joining us this year. What is your name and where do you come from?" 

"...uh..Ariel, I came from San Diego." I answered quietly.

"Welcome Ariel! Have you played guitar before? Have you had a guitar class in your old school?" He threw all these questions at me making me nervous.

"Y-Yeah, I've been playing for several years now. My boyfriend was the one who first taught me, then I started taking classes at my old school." I informed him.

Derrek quickly turn his head looking at me weridly once I mentioned Jaime. Uhhhhh okay?

"Excellent!" Mr. Jack exclaimed. "I'm really looking forward hearing you play!!"

He went back to speaking to the whole class when Derrek whispered.

"You have a boyfriend?" He ask with a serious face. "I thought you just moved here."

"I did just move here. He just lives back home."

He heard the disappointment in my voice and his face soften.

"Oh." was his only response and went back to listening to the teacher. What just happened?

The whole class period was awkward, Derrek would shift around, avoiding eye contact, and not talking to me. The last 10 minutes of class Mr. Jack let us use the guitars and play for a bit.

Everyone took out a guitar and started playing. Derrek got up and went up to two guys and started playing along with them. 

I sighed and picked up the guitar from it's case. I slowly strummed the strings and thought of Jaime. I thought about the song he sang to be the first night away from each other. He taught me how to play it a while ago.

I start strumming to the pattern of the song and I quietly sang as if I was singing with him. I was really into the song that I didn't know I had tears in my eye when I felt a tear drop on my hand. I stopped playing and wiped away the tears. As I looked up I notice everyone was staring at me.

I knew I was getting red by the second. I couldn't stand the attention on me.

Suddenly Mr. Jack spoke up.

"Ariel, that was such a beautiful song and your voice as well!! I could see the emotions as you played. Who's song is that by!?!"

"Uh, thanks? My boyfriend actually composed it. He even recorded it in my studio back home." I smiled.

Derrek was hardcore staring at me but quickly turned around I glanced over at him. I frowned but quickly forgot about it.

"I'd love to hear the recording. Seems like he has a lot of talent."

"Yeah, he really does." I smiled widely. I really admire Jaime, he's the most talented person I've ever met. The bell rang and everyone cleared out the room.

"Whenever you have time, I'd really love to hear that recording." Mr. Jack as before I left.

"Of course, I'll show you tomorrow! It was nice meeting you Mr. Jack! See you tomorrow."

"Same here. Have a good day, Ariel!"

I walked out and Derrek was waiting down the hall. I kept walking not bothering to know what is up with him. Suddenly, I felt a grip around my wrist.

"Wait, Ariel."

"Yes?"

"Sorry for acting like I did back there."

"I was wondering why you were."

"I dont know, I was taken by surprise when you said you have a boyfriend."

"Sooo?"

"Nevermind, let's go to lunch."

"Right, I need to go to the restroom first." I started to walk away when Derrek said "I'll be inside the cafeteria."

I started heading towards the restroom but walked past it and walked to the secluded place on the side of the school. I sat on the small bench and took out my phone. I quickly scrolled through my contacts and dialed the number I wanted.

"Hello?" a very groggy voice said.

"Hola, amor.(hello,love.)"

"Ariel, you know what time it is? If it was someone else I would have flipped a table!" I giggled at his response.

"But you love me."

"DUH! How is school going? Are you having fun?" he said still tiredly.

I laughed "Eh, it's going good. I think I made a friend but he's acting weird right now."

"Why is that?" Jaime was never an outrageous jealous man when it came to having a few male friends. That's what I love about him. He has trust in me.

"I don't know. My guitar teacher asked me about me playing and I said, and I quoted, "My boyfriend was the one who first taught me, then I started taking classes at my old school." after that he started acting weird."

He got quiet for a long time and it kinda worried me.

"Jaime? Are you still there?"

"Uh, yeah I was just thinking. Has he done anything to you? touch you? Said anything? Anything?" he asked rather quickly.

"Nope." Popping the 'p.' "He just pulled me aside to apologize for the way he was acting that's all. Why are you asking?"

"I think he might like you." he said blankly.

I laughed at that. Derrek liking me? HAHA. No way. I wouldn't even care If he did. I'm with Jaime and nothing would change that.

"It's not funny Ariel. I'm not there to show him you're mine and I am yours." he voice got really serious.

I stopped laughing. "Jaime, that's ridiculous. We just met, he couldn't possible like me already."

"Who wouldn't like someone as perfect as you? C'mon you have to give yourself credit for how great you are." I blushed. He's so sweet when it came to describing me.

"But I wouldn't care of he did. I love YOU and only you. I don't care for any other guy when I'm with someone who makes me whole, who loves me, and cares for me." 

He sighed. I could tell he was still tired. "Ariel, I love you so much. The thought of actually losing you forever scares me, but thank you for reassuring me I'm the best out there." he joked. I laughed out loud. I look around hoping no one had heard me and thought I was crazy. 

"I'm glad I get you hear you laugh. When is your next class period?"

I took my phone away from my ear and checked the time. "In five minutes." I sighed. Time flies whenever I talking to him. I don't want to go to class. I want to keep talking to him.

"You can call me when school is over, okay? I won't be sleeping so you won't hear my ugly sleepy voice." Little did he know I love his very appealing sleepy voice.

"Fiiiiiiine but just know I'd rather keep talking to you. I love you mucho, mucho."

"Yo tambien, Yo tambien. (Me too, me too.) I love you and hope you have a great rest of the school day."

We hung up and the bell rang. Just in time I thought. I started walking towards the directions of my next class when I heard someone yell out my name.

"Ariel!!!"

I turn around and I see Derrek running towards me. Oh right, I almost forgot about him. I'm horrible.

"Uh, hey."

"Where were you? I was looking for you all lunch period."

"Oh!! Sorry. I was making a phone call and I lost track of time." 

"It's okay! Your class is down this hallway and it's the last room on your right. I'll see you later!"

"See ya."

He quickly hugged me and went the other direction.

The rest of the went was a blur. I didn't notice I had hard classes until the teachers informed us about all the homework we would be getting. Great. That's what I get for being "smart."

When the bell rang, indicating it was the end of the day, I walked out my class when I saw Derrek waiting outside.

"Hey Derrek."

"Hey, I was just waiting for you. Do you need a ride home or something?" he rubbed the back of his neck. He seems to be a bit nervous.

"No, thank you. I drove myself here. Thanks for the offer." I smiled. I could see the look of disappointment in his face but quickly replace it with a smile.

"Oh, okay then. I'll see you tomorrow, Ariel."

"See ya."

I started heading towards the parking lot when I forgot that Marisol would be riding with me. Such a bad sister.

I quickly called her asking where she was at and soon enough she appeared at my car.

"Took you long enough. Where you busy with you friends?" I joked.

"Actually, yes you dick. I can actually make friends quicker than you."

"Ouch. Very hurtful, Mari" I shot back. "Get in, I wanna go home already."

The drive home was pretty quiet except for the music playing on the radio. When we got home, Marisol ran towards the door before I could fully park. Jeez.

I got out and went inside. My mom was in the kitchen and I gave her kiss on the check greeting her. Something looked off, something was going on with my mom. I could see it in her eyes.

"We finally have internet. Just a heads up." she smiled but it didn't reached her eyes.

"WHAT! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!"

I ran to my room and quickly turned on my computer.
While I waited, I sent a quick text informing Jaime to get on his laptop. He'd ask me why but I didn't answer instead I waiting until Skype showed he was on and I quickly called. Once his face showed up on my screen I teared up a bit but laughed because Jaime had a shocked look on his face.

"LOOK AT YOU, WE CAN SKYPE NOW!!!" He was very excited now. "I CAN GET TO SEE YOUR BEAUTIFUL FACE MORE OFTEN. Oh, no no no no don't cry, baby. It's okay. If my face is that horrid I can go away."

"NO! I'm just happy I can see YOUR beautiful face again."

"Hey now, no crying though. Be happy. K? So tell me how was the rest of your day? Were you able to show off your big brain?" he teased.

"Haha. Not really. It was a lot of introduction crap. Bleh, it was really boring. Did ya get your rest babe?"

"Yep I'm all new again. Haha. Did things with that Derrek guy get fixed or...?"

"I guess so, he offered to give me a ride home but I drove my car to school. So yeah."

"Ariel, something else is bugging you. Spill it."

I raised my eyebrow at him. 
"Nothing else is bugging me."

"you don't need to lie, I can tell. Now tell me."

I sighed. I looked down before I began. I didn't want to bug him with my problems.

"I don't know, something is up with my mom. I don't really know what it is, but I can tell and I'm not getting a very good vibe about it." I confessed.

His face got serious as he listened. I love the fact that he listens and knows when it's time to be serious.

"Have you asked her what's going on? Maybe you should talk about it. Probabaly it's nothing but it doesn't hurt to ask and talk about it."

"I haven't ask, but maybe you're right. I'll ask her later. How's everything back home? I really miss San Diego. I hate how frickin' brown it is here. I miss the green. I miss the ocean. I miss youuuuuuuuu." I whined.

He chuckled at how high I had brought up my voice.

"Same old, same old San Diego here. I've been trying to find another band or people to start again, but no luck. Aaaaaaaand I miss youuuuuuuuu too. You have no idea."

"Just don't give up. I have faith something will show up. AWE, you do, Gumdrop?"

He made a face at the name I just came up for him and I couldn't help but laugh. He laughed along and said. "Gumdrop? Did you just seriously call me Gumdrop!?"

"Yep, just did. SO WHAAA!"

He chuckled, "Oh, nothing. Just that it was a bit odd. I love you."

"I love you too." I felt the butterflies going crazy. It never gets old.

"ARIEL. MARISOL. DINNER IS READY." my mother yelled from the kitchen. I sighed. 

"Is today interrupt Ariel and Jaime day?" I mumbled.

Jaime seem amused by my suspense. "What are you smirking about?"

"Oh, nothing. Go eat your dinner. Call me before you go to bed, okay?"

"No."

His facial expression changed at my response.

"I'm not hungry. I want to keep talking to YOUUUUU." he sweet chuckle came through the speakers. I love hearing it.

"Ariel" he said sternly. "Go eat, promise we'll talk later."

I crossed my arms and sat back on my chair. "Fine." 

"I love you, Ariel. I'll talk to you later."

I smiled and got up. 

"I love you too, Gumdrop. See ya."

He laughed showing his dimples, I miss his dimples, and waved before disconnecting. I smiled and sighed. "ARIEL!!" I jumped at hearing my name. 

"I'M GOING!"

I went into the kitchen and everyone was their except my dad. That's odd.

"Ma, donde esta Papa?(Mom, where's dad?)"

She looked nervous when I asked and quickly answered.

"Trabajando tarde. (Working late.)" and she went back to getting the rest of the food ready. 

Something is up. I know it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Heeeeeeeeey. Here it is, update 4!
Hope you enjoyed it and leave a comment, sub, or whatever. Please and thank you. c: