Vengeance University

Chapter One

I stepped out of the terminal at LAX after my plane landed and adjusted the shoulder strap of my carry-on. I looked around to see if there were any signs to the baggage claim but my efforts were futile, so I decided I'd just follow the rest of the people who had just gotten off the same plane. Turns out, they knew where baggage claim was because thats where I ended up. I grabbed all my things as quickly as possible and high-tailed my ass out of that crowded airport and out into the waiting sunshine of Los Angeles.

I had been told, in my letter of acceptance, that upon my arrival I would be greeted by a vehicle, a marked one, that would carry me to my destination. As I stood there on the sidewalk, my luggage resting on the ground before me, I finally found the vehicle, an SUV, marked with a VU insignia on the door. I smiled a bit as it pulled up alongside where I was standing at the moment and watched as a man in some sort of uniform stepped out and walked up to me.

"Miss Williams?" he asked, in a voice that was only too clich for the role of the chauffer. You know... that snooty tone? Yeah, that one. I nodded my head in return and the man started to pack my luggage into the back seat. After his task was completed, the chauffer got back into the driver's seat and we just sat there.

"Um... are you gonna take me already or what?" I asked, kind of peeved that we were just sitting around.

"There are others that we must wait for," he replied in that god-awful tone. Nails on a chalkboard... I remained silent, feeling a bit ridiculous that I could have assumed the entire SUV was sent out just for me. After about a half-hour, the SUV was full up with the driver, two boys my age, a girl, and myself.

As we drove out of L.A., I watched the scenery as it passed, wondering what it might be like once I had arrived. I was excited. I mean, this was college. College means guys, parties, fun fun fun. Freedom... Sometimes a hot professor or two. College was a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Unless you failed and had to go again.

As we were getting closer to the coast of the Pacific Ocean, I noticed this massive... castle, looming in the distance. Forget all that hi-tech looking college bullshit. This was bad-ass. And it was even more bad-ass when we pulled right up to the front gates, made of wrought iron, and waited for them to open before we drove through. There were loads of other SUVs with the VU insignia labeled on their doors, and there was a hell of a lot of people that were going inside. I mean, this place was huge.

The chauffer helped each of us unload our things from the vehicle before leaving us to fend for ourselves to get inside.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the long, toiling trip up many stone steps, I stepped off onto the landing of the hall I was looking for. While, from the outside, this place looked ancient and totally mideval, the insides were actually very modern. It was very... interesting. Anyways.

I headed down the hall with my things before coming to my dorm, Number 6661. Cute. I unlocked it with my keep and pulled all my crap inside, shutting the door behind me. My roomie hadn't shown up yet, so I picked the bed on the left side of the room, and declared myself entitled to the furniture on the left side as well, considering both sides of the room were practically identical.

There were two beds, two nightstands, two dressers, and two desks, each with its own chair. Polished ebony wood. Fucking gorgeous. I noticed that each desk had a stark white piece of paper resting on it. I looked at the one on 'my' desk.

Sarah Schmidt was scrolled across the top of it, and it was... what looked like a schedule for her classes. I looked at it funny, and turned to the other side of the room. I went to the other desk and looked at the paper on it. As I had figured, it had Amanda Williams scrolled across the top and a list of classes. I switched the papers around and sat on my bed.

Sarah Schmidt... Sarah Schmidt.

I had a foreign exchange student from Germany in my school last year. His last name was Schmidt.

"Oh dear Lord... they roomed me with a foreigner! I swear, if she can't speak English, I'm going to shoot someone," I mumbled to myself before laying back on my bed and letting out a sigh.

Vengeance University. My new home.