Vengeance University

Chapter Thirteen

A few days after Sarah questioned me about what had happened between Mr. Ha-- Brian... and I, we were sat in Anatomy class. Classes there seemed a bit tense between Brian and me because neither of us had talked since he brought me back from his place. I didn't know if I was the one trying to avoid him or if it was the other way around, but it created an almost awkward feeling between us whenever we were near. And I still couldn't get my mind off that kiss and what he had said to me.

Sarah and I were sat a few rows from the front of the class, where Brian was going on about the muscle system of the human body. If anyone knew about muscles he was surely one of them.

"Sarah and Mr. Baker, sitting in a tree," I quietly sang as I leaned a bit into Sarah.

"Oh, do shut up will you?" she groaned slightly, quiet enough not to give us away.

"You love it. So... Tell me about his place, since you were all over that shit the other night," I smirked.

A little smile came to her face as I could tell she was thinking back to her time in the headmaster's living quarters. "Well," she began, "it's quite clean for being a guy's place. It seemed a bit sophisticated to me. Nice furniture. He has loads of books actually. His couch is very comfortable."

"Yeah, I bet his couch is comfortable," I poked at her.

"Stop picking on me."

"Awh... I'm sorry. I'll stop picking on you sine you're all in love and stuff," I teased again.

"You're mean," Sarah spat before I felt her elbow jab lightly into my side.

"Ouch...whore," I growled back before I elbowed here in return. I must have done it a bit harder than anticipated, due to the noise that came out of her mouth.

"Oohh," she moaned. Suddenly the room was dead quiet. Brian had stopped talking up at the front and was looking back at the two of us with an indescribable look on his face. I noticed some of the students had also turned to look at us while their lesson was interrupted, and I just cleared my throat. I looked back to Brian and noticed that his cheeks were flushed a bit of a pink color.

"Ms. Williams, I'm going to have to see you after class," he finally said, and I just nodded my head and he continued back to teaching his lesson.

"Great, now I'm in trouble because you made sex noises in class. He probably thinks it was me. And now I have to be alone with him again," I mumbled to Sarah.

"Well, it wouldn't have happened if you had stopped picking on me about it... That hurt by the way," Sarah replied, rubbing her side gingerly. "Besides... Thought you liked him?" she whispered.

"I do.. That's what I'm worried about."

Class had ended and all the other students had filed out of the room to go back to their dorms or wherever they wanted to go. I stayed behind, not moving from my seat. Brian just looked at me briefly before he stood and went to the door, locking it. I swallowed hard, wondering what the hell was going on.

As Brian started to come towards me, I began to talk. "Look Mr. Ha-Brian... If this is about talking in class, I'm sorry."

He took a seat in the spot next to me, his fingers tapping erratically. "It's not about that..." he sighed. He didn't say anything for a bit after that.

"Is it about.... The other night?"

"No... just... Fuck," he swore. "I just figured out that Sarah is the one that's been getting with Zacky," he said, putting his face in his hands. My eyes widened. How could he know? "This is bad. This is very very bad," I heard him say through his hands. He put them down and looked at the board at the front of the room. "He could get in so much trouble... This is illegal..." he continued to ramble.

"How did you know it was Sarah?" I asked, my voice shaking.

Brian looked over at me for a moment, his eyes boring into mine. "You knew the entire time, didnt you? You were covering for them..."

"N-no... I had no idea," I stuttered, hoping he couldn't see right through me.

"Well, I found out because of the other night. I hear them through the door, and then, coincidentally, I heard the same exact moan today in my class. Couldn't have been you because you were with me that other day, so that leaves Sarah," Brian concluded.

Shit...

"Why did you hide this from me?" he asked.

"I-I didn't know they were.... together," I lied. He sighed deeply once more.

"Well, it doesn't matter now. You can go."

I didn't waste another moment before grabbing my things and running out of the class. I got back to my dorm as fast as I could, surprised to see Sarah sat at her desk when I flung the door open. I slammed it shut behind me and tried to catch my breath.

Sarah looked up at me peculiarly. "What's the matter with you?"

I panted a few times before I spoke. "Sarah, he knows."