Vengeance University

Chapter Sixteen

Sitting on the bed, I stared at the white stick, which was placed, upon my desk. Amanda sat next to me, eyes trained on it as well. It had been around 15 minutes now, way over the asking time, yet neither of us wanted to look. The results would pretty much set my life in stone.

And if it was positive, how do I know Zacky will stay with me? We weren't even going out, he could kick me out of school and send me packing. What would I do?

Finally Amanda sighed, and looked at me. Her eyes said it all. Look at the stick already.

Gulping, I picked up the box first. Why? I don't know, this was one of those that said 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant' on it. How lovely and blunt. Reading the box for what must be the millionth time, I leant forward and picked up the white stick.

Turning it round, I held my breath as my eyes scanned the screen. Amanda waited in baited silence, and I finally let out a shaky breath. Looking up at her, her face was tense, waiting for my answer.

"Looks like I'm gonna have a baby" I whispered, a tear trailing down my face.

Amanda's face instantly crumpled into sympathy for me as she hugged me tightly. Unusually, tears didn't fall thick and fast down my face. Only one fell. Pulling away from Amanda I took a deep breath and sighed.

"I've got to go tell him," I whispered softly. I hadn't seen him in a day, and now I was terrified. I could never see him again. He'd told Brian he'd be here for me, but that could all change now fiction was truth. She nodded and smiled, trying to raise my spirits slightly. I smiled slightly at her and stood up, putting the stick into my pocket to show him.

Taking another breath I headed out the door and towards Zack's living areas. It was 8pm, so he'd be there now, or I hoped anyway. I couldn't stand having to wait for him.

Arriving, I stared at the door for a few seconds, before knocking hesitantly. I heard a scuffling from inside, and drew my breath, not willing to enter and face Zack's reaction.

The door opened and I was met with ocean eyes. They weren't a specific colour today, halfway between green and blue. It was nice, neutral. He smiled at me hesitantly and opened the door wider, allowing me to enter through the threshold.

Sitting on his couch, I stared at my hands which where nervously fidgeting. After a few moments he sighed and held my hands, stopping them from their movements. "What's wrong?" He asked.

I took yet another breath and reached into my pocket, pulling out the stick and handing it to Zack. He frowned at me, wondering what the hell it was, until he read the words upon the little screen.

Pregnant

His eyes widened and jaw slackened slightly. For minutes he stayed in silence before looking up at me, his eyes full of shock. "You really are pregnant then?" He whispered. I nodded, confirming our fears. He let out a long breath, and leaned back on the couch, rubbing his face with his hand tiredly.

Silence resumed for a while until he looked up at me.

"Well, I always did want to be daddy. Guess sooner is better than later huh?" He said softly, giving me a soft smile. My heart leapt. He sighed and leaned forward, pulling me closer to him and bringing my face to his.

"So, do you think we'll make shitty parents or good parents?" He asked quietly. I hesitated, before smiling at him. "You're not bothered?" I whispered softly. He laughed quietly and shook his head. "Nope, I said I'd stay with you so I am. And I pretty much say you're my girlfriend now"

A grin spread on my face as he leant forward and kissed me softly, the very first of our official relationship, and his hand rubbed my stomach softly. Pulling me up, he moved us to his bedroom, undressing himself and handing me some slack pants and a shirt of his to change into.

After that, we lay in his bed, just talking, kissing, and him rubbing my stomach. It felt amazing to know he'd stay with me throughout this. He was amazing.

"I love you," He whispered softly, smiling at me before pressing his lips to my nose gently. I grinned and kissed him properly, pulling away and mumbling against his lips. "I love you too"

Moving down the bed, he pulled the shirt up slightly and laid his head on my currently flat stomach, rubbing it as he did before kissing it softly. "Hey baby, I'm your daddy. I'll take real good care of your mommy, so you gotta be nice to her too. You've done good by not making her sick in mornings, but keep it up. We don't want mommy sad now do we?" He whispered.

I bit my lip and smiled at him. He was so cute. He looked up at me from where he was, resting his chin on my hip slightly before smiling up at me adorably. You wouldn't think he was a headteacher.