Vengeance University

Chapter Twenty-Six

Holding Zack's hand tightly as he steered the car into the parking lot, I took a deep breath and looked him at him. He seemed apprehensive, but looked at me upon sensing my stare and smiled reassuringly, squeezing my hand in a gesture that calmed me slightly.

Climbing out the car, I waited for him. Feeling his arms wrap around my waist and rest on my stomach, a grin spread across my face as I turned my body round to face him, kissing his chest before looking up and kissing his full lips.

They spread in a smile and pushed me backwards slightly, towards the clinic, causing me to turn round and take his hand in my own again.

I'd made the appointment for a Wednesday. That meant I was supposed to be in a lecture, but I bunked it off and Zack cancelled all his appointments for today. This was far more important than any meeting with some board governor. And I'm being serious.

Moving towards the desk, I looked at the woman behind it, and smiled at her as she flicked her eyes towards me and then down at my stomach. She averted them back to the computer as a polite smile appeared on her face and she clicked open a new tab.

"Sarah Schmidt, I'm here for an ultrasound?" I asked hesitantly. She clicked around before nodding and smiling at me.

"Just take a seat and the nurse will be with you when we're ready," She said, gesturing towards the seated area in front of the desk. Smiling and thanking her, I moved over to where Zack was sat, one leg crossed over at the ankle, reading some magazine he'd picked up. Upon spying inside it, I saw it was talking about babies.

Smiling, I cuddled up to his side. He was so serious about our baby; we'd finally finished the nursery itself, painting it a neutral shade of green and putting up all the furniture alongside stocking the drawers full of the baby clothes. We were ready for definite.

We became absorbed in the article, until I heard my name being called from the side, and looked up, seeing a pretty looking nurse stood there with a clipboard, a smile on her face as we both stood up and followed her down the corridor and into a room. Once inside, I saw the doctor stood next to a table and screen, and my stomach fluttered slightly.

"Miss Schmidt I'm assuming? And may I also assume this is the father?" He asked, gesturing towards Zack with a raised eyebrow. I smiled and nodding, taking Zack's hand in my own and squeezing it appreciatively.

"Ok Miss Schmidt-" I paused him, holding my hand up to interrupt.

"Please, call me Sarah, and this is Zack," I stated, grinning at him causing a smile to form on his own face as he nodded.

"Ok, so from the notes, you're 18 weeks along am I correct?" He said, looking up from the clipboard that held my notes on it. I smiled and nodded; I'd had a simple check up at the doctors over the Christmas break and could confirm this.

"Ok Sarah, if you just want to get onto the table for me then please," He said, gesturing to the table. I jumped up and leant back, lying down on the table as he asked; Zack sat next to me, his hand still in mine.

The doctor gently pulled up my shirt to my boobs, making sure they weren't revealed to the world, and gestured to Zack to undo my jeans button. Zack's cheeks flushed slightly as he did so, but I finally was reading.

He turned on the machine, and got out the tube of jelly.

"This may be cold, it may not, depending on what you think," He said with a grin, before squeezing a line onto my stomach. The jelly was warmer than I expected, and he got ready with the machine, before rubbing it over my stomach, finding the exact spot he wanted.

And on the screen, there was a black and white image of our baby, not fantastic, but it was almost easy to spot the baby properly this time. Zack and me sat in quiet awe of the image on the screen, and I could almost feel the doctor's amusement at us. He must do this so many times and never get tired of it.

He pressed a switch on the little screen, and the fast erratic beating of our child's heart was heard loud and clear in the small room, causing a huge grin to form on both Zack's faces and mine. That was our baby, ours, we'd created it.

"Would you like to find out the sex of your baby? You're at the stage where we can find out now," The doctor suggested politely, and I looked at Zack wide-eyed. His facial expression was a mirror of my own, before we both nodded slowly, waiting with baited breath for the result.

"Well, congratulations, looks like you're going to be having a little boy, he's healthy and has a good heart beat. Seems to me he's going to be perfectly healthy when he's born," The doctor stated, a small smile on his face as he removed the scanner and cleaned off my stomach. I pushed my shirt down and buttoned my jeans back up, taking the scanned picture of our baby from him.

We left the clinic in a daze, and once we were finally in the car, we finally let it sink in. Looking down at the black and white image in my hands, my eyes averted up to Zack's, who was also sat in a state of shock.

"We're having a boy Zack, a little boy," I whispered quietly, already imagining our son to be an exact replica of Zack running around.

Zack was silent, before a small grin formed on his face.

"I'm having a son, oh my god, we're gonna have a son. A boy, a little boy, a son, oh my god Sarah," He whispered before leaning forward and kissing me hard, the reality of it all sinking in now.

His green eyes stared into my own intently, and I bit my lip slightly, watching his eyes flicker down to watch it before looking back up.

"No matter what Brian does, I'm staying with you now. He can't do anything; I'll protect you with my life if I have to. Nothing's getting in my way, I promise to God, you and me and our son. I promise you," He whispered softly before leaning forward and kissing me.

Nothing could ruin this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Boom headshot!
How fast was that :D
Mwaha
Now Amanda again, she's very excited about the next one ;)
BUT THEY'RE HAVING A SON PEOPLE :D
A LITTLE BOY
How cute
x