Vengeance University

Chapter Twenty-Eight

I'd spent the night in Zack's room. I couldn't go back to my dorm, not incase Brian was there. I'd told Zack that I'd accidentally let Brian know that I was pregnant. Zack's face had made me feel so guilty. I knew rough times were ahead.

And so we'd spent the night cuddled with each other, too scared to sleep really. Brian was incredibly volatile, and I knew he wouldn't spare Zack. The morning would bring Brian's fury, and we would be the victims of it. I couldn't understand why Brian was being like this, and so Zack had explained it slightly to me.

"Brian lost his wife before they could have a family or anything. He always hated it whenever I got a girlfriend or anything, jealousy or something I don't know. The fact that I was getting something he wasn't. I think this pregnancy has set it in stone for me, I think- I think he feels like I'm rubbing his face in it. That I can get what he can't," He'd told me quietly.

However, you can run, but you can't hide was the age old saying. And so at noon, Brian, who looked furious to say the least, swung the door open. Amanda was behind him, looking meek and she looked at me, her eyes pleading for forgiveness. I nodded slightly; it wasn't her fault that this was happening. It was my fault for letting Zack start something with me.

Only when I actually looked at Amanda did I notice something different about her. She caught me looking and blushed slightly, and a smirk of recognition met my face. She'd finally had sex last night that much was evident. Only to be honest, it only fuelled hatred towards Brian more. He condemned Zack for being with me and sleeping with me, and yet he formed a relationship with Amanda, and even had sex with her.

How was that right?

Zack just sat on the couch, his hand on my knee. He was taking the weaker position today evidently.

"Why didn't you tell me you'd knocked the whore up?" Brian spat angrily, causing Zack to look up as his eyes flashed angrily. I refrained from getting up and punching him, because no matter what I'd done, I wasn't a whore. I'd slept with Zack, and that was it.

"She's not a whore, and why didn't I tell you? Because I knew you'd react just like this," He growled at Brian. This provoked more anger to flash through Brian's own eyes, evidently fuelling the fire behind them.

"So you didn't think telling your best friend you'd got a girl pregnant was right? How did you know I'd react like this? I may have reacted better," He asked, pointing at Zack. Zack scoffed and rolled his eyes as he stood up.

"Oh yeh Brian, my ass you wouldn't have reacted like this, as soon as you found out you put out a personal vendetta against us. You're so fucking hypocritical anyway. You're having a go at me and Sarah, telling me it's wrong, what we're doing is wrong; we'll get into trouble. Yet whose the one who has a student as his girlfriend as well?" He asked, glaring, pointing at Amanda.

His eyes flickered to her, and a quick run down confirmed in his eyes what I'd confirmed earlier.

"And as well as doing all that, who's the one also fucking a student huh? You're so damned hypocritical Brian it's unreal," He hissed, causing Brian's eyes to go wide. Oh yeah, we'd caught him red-handed.

"Yeh? Well Amanda isn't pregnant is she? You know what Zack, you've done the worst, and you're the headmaster. I'll be damned if you don't realise this. So, I'm gonna give you an ultimatum," All three of us, including Amanda, gasped slightly, Brian was serious about this.

"You either stay with her, and keep the baby, and I'll report you to the school board. You'll lose the University, you'll lose being the Headmaster, you'll most likely lose your friends, and you'll also probably go to jail," He paused, as Zack's face paled.

"Or, you leave Sarah, and get her to abort the baby, and I won't do anything. I can't let you ruin your life," Almost instantly my hand rubbed my stomach as panic hit me. He'd make me kill my baby? Zack's face was white, but his expression was hardened.

"You're serious aren't you? God, you would seriously report me even though you went behind my back and fucked Amanda, had her stay with you and everything. You stood there and cussed me out, bitched out my girlfriend all the while doing the very same as me. And now? You're making me an ultimatum? You're telling me to kill my child to save my job?" He paused, taking a breath and rubbing his eyes slightly.

"It's a job Brian, that's a living baby inside her. You can't be so damned malicious," He growled, anger evident in every fibre of his body. Amanda looked shocked that her boyfriend was being so nasty. No one should tell someone to abort a child.

"You keep it up Zack, you lose the University, the good name you worked for, everything. You won't have it anymore remember that? We worked for this as well as you, what will your parents say when they find out huh?" Brian glared.

Zack paused, taking in everything, the tension in the room almost unbearable. I was terrified, my body physically shaking with fear. I couldn't lose my child.

After a short while, Zack finally shook his head.

"I'm not doing it. I can't kill my child, and I'll be damned if I go down alone. If I go down, I'm bringing you with me, got that?" Zack said, glaring at Brian. Brian's eyes widened at Zack's choice.

"You can't prove anything remember? She's pregnant, that's evident, that's evidence enough, you can't prove I've done anything Amanda," Brian said, though panic was evident in his voice. Zack was serious about this, and I was thankful for his choice.

Standing up beside Zack, I stood behind him slightly, slipping my hand into his. He squeezed it reassuringly. It was nice to know that Zack loved me enough to be willing to go to jail for me and his son.

"Zack you aren't serious are you?" Brian asked, his eyes narrowing slightly at Zack's never changing expression. Zack nodded slightly.

"I'm deadly serious Brian, if I have to lose my son, my girl and my life at your hands and words, I'm gonna make damn sure you have nothing left to live for. I'll make your life hell too. If you think you can blackmail me into killing my son, into leaving my girlfriend who for the first time in my life, has shown me I can love someone else and into giving up my entire life, then I'll make sure you go down as well. I'm sure Sarah would be willing to give evidence to save our baby, no matter how much her friendship is worth,"

I lowered my head, not looking at Amanda as quiet fell upon the room as they took in what we'd just said, what we'd just revealed and only just found out about ourselves.
♠ ♠ ♠
Zomgs dramas =]
x