‹ Prequel: If Only They Knew
Sequel: A Love Like This
Status: D-D-D-D-D-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

On Your Side

Day Seventeen.

Fast forward a week >>
--------------------------------------------------

“Has he spoke to you yet?” Jess asked.

Sarah tore her eyes away from the soundcheck, “I’ve had a few sarcastic texts, no progress.”

Jess sighed “I’m sorry, babe.”

“It’s my fault.”

“It’s not your fault he won’t talk to you now, want me to talk to him?”

Sarah shook her head “I’ve already blown it.”

“no you haven’t, you know if you don’t talking to him for a bit, he’ll come back.”

“What have I got to lose? It’s not like he’s talking to me anyway.”

Jess smiled “Exactly. C’mon, I noticed a Starbucks near by.”

********************************

Nick watched as the two girls left the room before turning to Eric “Dude, she’s just gone.”

Halvo shrugged “you can’t expect her to wait forever.”

“She dumped me, man.”

“You dumped her before, she was willing to give you another chance and in theory, she didn’t dump you because you weren’t together anyway.”

Nick sighed, tuning his guitar.

“Anyway, you haven’t spoke to her in a week, why is this bothering you so much?”

He turned his attention from the guitar “I don’t know what to say to her.”

“You knew what to say when she was still with Joel.”

“This is different, I fucked up harder this time, I put pressure on her when I knew I shouldn’t have. I upset her again, I’m not good for her.”

Justin sighed “can I add, you might not be good for her but she is perfect for you. You guys not being together is just bad for the both of you.”

“What are you saying?”

“We’re saying get your fucking girl back before someone else does. You know she’s a catch Nick, you’ve been wrapped around her finger since the day you met.” Andrew chuckled

“That is bull.” Nick chuckled back “wrapped around her finger, please.”

“Dude, you’re whipped. After a week of dating, you were in Tempe with her - miles away from home, just because she’d asked you two days earlier and now you’re moving out there to be with her and she’s not even your girlfriend.” Eric added

“That doesn’t mean I’m ‘whipped’ or ‘wrapped around her finger’ guys.”

“You and her broke up with her what, 8 months ago, because you ‘had needs’, you never even look at other girls.”

“so?”

“Face it, you’re on her hook.”

“Did you just reference How I Met Your Mother to describe the situation?”

Eric nodded “yep.”

“Lame.”

“I think you mean ‘Legen - wait for it - DARY!’”

---------------------------------------------------

Nick watched as the girl rushed around, helping set the stage. He knew she knew he was there, so as she ran to fetch The Maine for their set, he went after her, catching up at the dressing room door.

“Sarah, can we talk?”

But she blanked him and walked into the room with a smug smile “guys you’re on.”

The guys did their ‘We Like To Party’ chant then left the dressing room, greeting Nick on the way.

“Will you talk to me?” he sighed as she passed him

“Why should I?” she asked spinning on her heel to face him.

“You broke up with me, it’s the least you could do.”

“Well, I didn’t break up you because, Nick, we weren’t together. I was upset and I’ve been trying to talk to you for a week and getting nothing back. So please enlighten me why I‘m suddenly worth your time again.”

“You were never not worth my time.”

“Funny, the last week doesn’t feel like it. I hope you know I was willing to get back together officially the morning after that argument, Nick.”

He half smiled “then get back together with me now.”

“I repeat, this is our first conversation in a week, don’t expect me to fall back into your arms.” she sighed heading back for the stage.

Nick was hot on her heels, speaking again when they were watching The Maine “what do you want me to do?”

“I want you to make me feel like you actually want me, because right now you’re just making me feel like shit.”

“I’m sorry, okay? I’m an idiot.”

she laughed lightly “you can say that again.”

he smile came back “I’m an idiot.”

“seriously though, Nick, I just need a little time first.”

“I know, I’m sorry.”

“I sure could use a cuddle tonight though.”

“as could I.”

“no titles though, no arguing just cuddling.”

“Just cuddling.” he nodded.

She smiled “now go gossip with the guys or something because I’m working.”

----------------------------------------------------

The curtain to Sarah’s bunk opened “hi.”

“Get in.” she smiled as Nick shuffled in next to her.

He smiled “can I just remind that you are beautiful and I am stupid.”

“You can but can I remind you that this still isn’t happening right away.”

“mhmm.” he smirked “you said earlier that you wouldn’t just fall back into my arms, but funnily enough, you have.”

“Don’t push your luck, Santino, this is just as friends.”

“We will never be ‘just friends’, so don’t you dare even imply that we could be.” he snapped

She was shocked at his outburst “wow, um ok, do you want to sleep alone tonight?”

“No.”

“Well then don’t get shout at me because I swear to god Nick, this is your last chance.” she knew that she was lying to herself as well as him, she’d always go back to him at any given chance.

He rolled his eyes “at what, being friends?”

“You know, I really can’t stand you when you’ve been drinking just shut the fuck up, I’m going to sleep.” she rolled over so she wasn’t facing him.

He placed a kiss on the back of her neck “Sorry, baby."
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry about all this yoyoing back and forth between them being together and not but it's just fun.

Also I was watching (500) Days of Summer when I had writers block, hence the "just friends" thing and also skipping to Day Seventeen.

What do you think about this? Are you cool with it?