‹ Prequel: If Only They Knew
Sequel: A Love Like This
Status: D-D-D-D-D-DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONE

On Your Side

Day Eight.

It was a long kiss, Nick had missed her taste and Sarah had miss him holding her in a way Joel never did.

They pulled away breathless, Nick rested his forehead against hers “I never stopped loving you.” he whispered

“Ditto.” Sarah giggled, quoting Patrick Swayze from one of their favourite films.

He laughed, catching her lips again.

“but Nick, I’m not ready for another relationship just yet.” she sighed

He nodded “I can wait for you.”

“That doesn’t mean you can’t occasionally come and hug me to sleep though.”

“and am I allowed to do this?” He asked before softly pressing their lips together again

“mm, sometimes.” she giggled.

“I look forward to it.” Nick smirked “I’m gonna take my shoe back to the van, ok Bambi?”

She rolled her eyes at the nickname “I’ll see you in a bit.”

She ran back to the bus with a stupid grin plastered across her features.

“What the hell was that, you slut?” Jess squealed happily

John was sat with a smug smile and everyone else just looked confused.

“That was me making the best decision I’ve made all tour.” she smiled

“So are you back together or what?” her best friend asked eagerly

“As of right now, no.”

“Told you you’d want him back.” John smirked

Sarah stuck her tongue out “don’t make this about you.”

Jared sighed “wait, guys what is happening?”

Jess spun around to face him “she just played tonsil tennis with Heartbreaker.”

“Little Red!” Jared grinned “I love Joel, he’s my friend and everything but I never like you two together, you were too perfect to work.”

================================

A phone pinged somewhere in the front lounge and Sarah announced “that’s me... where’s my phone?”

John tossed it to her, he’d borrowed it to play Temple Run as it wouldn’t load on his own phone.

Sarah read the tweet from Katy ‘I’m out front! :) x’ she looked to Garrett “she’s here if you wanna meet her?”

“You better not have exaggerated.” he laughed standing up

Sarah noticed the brunette almost instantly, standing on her own. She looked up when girls started screaming about Garrett being outside and she grinned, heading over.

Garrett smiled down at his much shorter friend and whispered “cute? She’s smokin’.”

Katy smiled nervously when she reached them “hi!”

“Garrett, this is Katy, Katy you know Garrett, right?” she winked with a laugh

“Sure, yeah, it’s nice to meet you.” Katy put her hand out to shake Garrett’s

He shook his head pulling her into a hug “I don’t shake the hands of pretty girls.”

She giggled then turned to Sarah “I couldn’t find a plus one, I hope that’s ok?”

“That’s fine, you can hang out with me.”

“Thank you so much for this.” she said again when they got back to the bus.

Sarah laughed “you may not be thanking me after a couple of hours with these guys.”

Garrett ran up the steps first, Sarah thought probably so he could signal that this girl was hot.

Everyone was looking towards the door when Sarah walked in with Katy “guys, this is Katy, be nice and behave.”

They all shouted their names at her in unison and Katy just laughed “ugh, ok, hi?”

They walked over to Jess and Sarah smiled “and this is my best friend, Jess. Jess, this is Katy.”

Jess pulled her into a hug then sat back down with a grin pulling Katy down with her, Garrett sat next to Katy. “sorry, I’m a hugger. It’s lovely to meet you.”

“you too! I’ve seen some of your photos online, they’re incredible.”

“Ah, thank you so much! I like you already.”

Garrett muttered something about her liking everyone and Jess punched him.

John was talking to Katy, so Sarah left the bus with a smile, happy to have found a new friend for herself, Jess and the band.

She walked up to Rocket’s van and tapped the sliding door, Nick’s face lit up when he looked through the window. He scrambled over Andrew’s lap to open the door “hey.” he grinned

“hi.” she smiled back

He pressed his lips to hers quickly “you wanna come in?”

She took in the mess surrounding the boys and laughed “I’d rather not.”

Halvo cut Nick off before he could reply “when did this happen? Why are we kissing?”

Nick laughed “Eric, buddy, we’re not kissing.”

He rolled his eyes “shut up, you know what I mean.”

Sarah smiled “this morning.”

Andrew cleared his throat “as cute as this all is, could you get off my lap, Nick.”

Nick made a very awkward manoeuvre and practically fell out the van with a laugh.

“and I’m Bambi?” Sarah sighed

Justin leant over from the open area at the back out the van “so are you two dating again?”

Nick smiled at Sarah “I’m working on it.”

Sarah laughed “anyway, I wanted to see if you wanted to hang on the bus for a bit?”

Eric was out and on the way over there before Sarah had even finished the sentence

“I was actually gonna move to the dressing room, I’m gonna be skyping with Charlotte soon.” Andrew smiled, Charlotte was his new girlfriend and they were adorable.

“Tell her I say hey. Justin?”

“Why not.” He smiled, climbing out the back door.

“Come over in a bit if you want, Andy.” Sarah smiled as he also left the van with his macbook.

“I will.” he waved heading for the back door of the club.

Back on the bus, Pat had decided it was appropriate to sit on Katy.

“Oh my god, Pat! Katy, I’m so sorry.”

Katy laughed “It’s fine.”

Eric and Jess had gone to the back lounge as Pat was shrieking instead of speaking again.

Sarah sat in Nick’s lap and he played with her hair “I’ve missed you.” he whispered into her ear.

“Mhmm, me too.” she smiled playing with his fingers, like she used to.

“What time is it?” Kennedy asked, biting a nail.

“7:30.” Justin replied, slipping his phone back into his pocket.

“We better head over to the dressing rooms, you guys.” Sarah said sliding off Nick’s lap “Katy, This Century are on in 5 minutes, if you wanted to watch?”

She glanced at Garrett “Gary said he’d watch them with me if I wanted to go, is that ok?”

Sarah smirked, looking at the blushing Garrett “that’s totally fine. I’ll meet you side stage when these losers go on.” she said nodding at Nick and Justin.

“Sure, ok.” Garrett took her hand and they left the bus.

“Why do I not run a dating agency or something, I am so good at setting people up.”

“I’d say your mom’s better.” Nick smiled

She laughed “debatable.”

He stood up with her, pulling her into a headlock “take that back.”

“help me, domestic violence.” Sarah shouted

Eric and Jess ran from the back lounge, “okay, there is a point where shouting things like that stop being cute and starts getting worrying.” Jess sighed

Eric added “we’re not kids anymore you guys.”

Nick and Sarah started laughing “ok, Daddy.”

-----------------------------------------------

The Maine went on and Nick came back to watch with Sarah and Katy after changing his shirt.

“Thank you for getting me in tonight, it’s been amazing.” Katy smiled at Sarah while John was talking to the crowd.

“It’s been nice having another girl around, it’s so easy to get bored of being with all the guys.” she laughed in return.

A second later, the guys had started their next song and Katy was lost in the music again.

Nick wrapped his arm around Sarah’s waist, slipping his hand into one of her back pockets and whispered “do you get bored of me?” with a chuckle

“I think we both know the answer to that.”

He chuckled again, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

“What’s this?” came from behind them

Sarah looked around “hello Joel.”

“When did this happen?”

Nick looked at Sarah “well, initially 3 years ago but this right now? This morning.”

Joel sighed “did you dump me for him?”

“You now why I dumped you, Joel.”

“well, it seems like timing was a little too perfect, doesn’t it?”

Nick let go of Sarah and stepped forward “dude, I don’t want to cause a scene but you cheated on her.”

Sarah placed a hand on Nick’s arm “drop it. Joel, we’re not dating anymore, what I do now I’m single doesn’t involve you. However, what you do while we’re together does involve me and you hurt me, so just leave us alone.”

He left with a sigh and Sarah felt tears burn her eyes again “I feel like a slut.”

Nick brushed her bangs from her face “what for spending time with your boyfriend of nearly three years after breaking up with a boyfriend of 5 months? We’re not even official, Sarah, we’ve kissed a few times and we like being in each other company.” he smiled “and need I remind you I was your first boyfriend, Joel was your second, it’s not like you have this whole history to make you slutty.”

She wiped the tears that were about to fall “I’m not sure whether I love or hate the fact you always know what to say.”

He chuckled, holding his forehead to hers, their noses touching. “I think you should love it.”

She giggled back as his breath tickled her cheeks “I still love you.”

“I love you too.”
♠ ♠ ♠
it's all icky and cute. How long will that last?

How are you guys feeling about the whole Joel cheating, the breakup, giving Nick another chance thing?