You Know I Make You Wanna Scream

50 Seconds to Live...Or Die

About a minute has gone by since they left me to die in this rotting basement. By now, I had stabilized my breathing somehow. I have to find out what that crash was…maybe one of them was struck by lightening and died? Hey, I have dreams too… Anyway, I pushed myself to move and soon I was out of the basement and back in the kitchen. The noise came from the living room which was right by my exit – my chance for life.

I leaned up against the nearby wall and used it to help me along, ignoring the multiple wallpaper peelings and various colored stains my fingers ran up against. After spending so much time in my position, these things just don’t bother you anymore. A knife doesn’t scare you, blood doesn’t concern you, and that evil smirk that your ex-boyfriend wears on his face doesn’t give you nightmares anymore. If all those things still happened, then I’d be dead by now, it’s that simple.

There was a light bulb flickering in the hallway light that sent a small set of a chills down my spine…stupid cliché horror movies. I heard another noise, coming from outside the door. “H-hello?” I asked, stupidly. The door flew open, nearly sending me flying backwards.

“Well, I don’t believe it. Little Myra is still alive,” Shadows smirked as he crossed his arms over his chest.

Why is he so confident now when nearly two minutes ago he was freaking out? He must’ve noticed my confusion and looked down at the ground while laughing a little. I followed his eyes and swallowed a scream as I saw six knives sticking out of a policeman’s body. His eyes had been gouged out and were dangling from the porch lights, I noticed. His mouth was still open from screaming in terror and his body was still pouring out six streams of blood, despite the fact that his body was no longer breathing. Actually, some bugs had already come to start a feeding fest. I felt sick.

Suddenly, Synyster and Rev stepped inside too, out of the shadows. “See, you should be glad that I didn’t try to kill you like that, baby,” Syn said in a sickly sweet voice, acting as if he did me a favor. “But consider me impressed that you’re still bleeding. Obviously, I didn’t try hard enough.”

I could tell that he was in a talkative mood, so I cut him off. “Look Brian I’m begging you, let me go. I’ll move out of California and away from it all. I won’t talk to anyone about what happened, I’ll change my identity, whatever you want.” We both knew that begging wasn’t my style, so I’m guessing he managed to see through my amazing acting skills.

“Yeah right, Myra. Besides, if I let you live then that means that I’d just have to chase you down again, and why bother doing all that work when I could take care of you right now?”

I hadn’t noticed it, because I was trying to keep eye contact with him, but he had grabbed a hold of my wrist and by now had a handcuff around it. I followed the rusted chain of the cuff to the nearby leg of a TV stand…a TV stand cemented to the ground.

“There, now I know that there is no way for you to escape your death. Burn in hell, bitch,” he said lowly as a dark look came across his face. He looked so sinister in every use of the term, and only proved how much his new little nickname fit him perfectly.

He snickered along with the others as they strolled over to the door. Before he shut it, he said, “1 minute and 12 seconds till you die!” Then he slammed and locked the door shut behind him. I can’t let this happen!

I could feel a panic attack enter my body from some foreign place and plague me with heavy breathing and an ongoing headache. “HELP ME! PLEASE CAN ANYONE HEAR ME?!” I cried at the top of my lungs.

Frustrated that I didn’t get an immediate response, I angrily tugged at the chain. It was such a violent and sudden move that I shook the table instead of the actual foundation and the TV came crashing down on my good leg. I gasped quickly and lifted my head back as the most horrifying scream left my lips. Glass shards from the screen covered my leg, causing it to look like a super skinny Christmas tree with sharp needles and branches.

Also, because the TV had been plugged in, an electric shock went up and down my leg, causing my leg to twitch every couple of seconds. I forced the TV off of me and fell back down to the ground, exhausted even though I’ve done so little.

“FUCKING HELP ME!” I shouted, not even thinking that anyone would really even hear me. I did the math in my head…I have 50 seconds to live. I better make it the best damn 50 seconds ever.

*Randi’s POV*

“Chris, I don’t think it was such a good idea for him to go up there alone. He doesn’t know who he’s dealing with,” I said nervously, after the sergeant had gone up to the house.

“C’mon Randi, he’s a professional. I’m sure he can handle them.”

“Then why has he been gone for a whole god damn 15 minutes?! I say we just–.”

I was cut off when I heard someone screaming for help. Chris and I jumped up out of our seats in the cop car, banging our heads on the damn roof. “Was that Myra?” Chris asked.

“Let’s go find out,” I said, grabbing one of the guns up front and getting out of the car.

“You don’t know how to work one of those,” he scoffed.

“I’m sure that all those video games you and I used to play back in the day will have provided enough experience,” I replied with all seriousness. We ran up the rocky hill ahead of us that concealed the car. You see, of the three cars first sent to this place, two of them had been blown up and I still can’t believe that we made it out alive. I’m not going to let that miracle be a wasted one.

Once we got closer to the house, I heard the same voice yell, “FUCKING HELP ME!” Yep, that’s definitely Myra. “Ok Chris, I’ll go inside and save her while you call the back up squads and radio Sergeant Miller, telling him the situation.” Chris nodded and got to work.

Slowly, I made my way up to the front porch and froze when I heard Chris’s voice as he radioed the sergeant. I growled lowly underneath my breath. “Chris, I though I told you to stay –.”

I couldn’t finish my sentence the moment I realized where his voice was coming from. I had made the mistake of looking down and finding the sergeant stabbed to death with his radio receiving Chris’s messages. Those bastards! I angrily stormed inside and glanced around only to see more sadness…Myra.

“Myra!” I said as I ran over to her, “what the hell happened to you?! Oh my God,” she gasped seeing my leg.

“Randi, y-you’re alive?! AHHH!” She smiled, shocked to see that her best friend somehow cheated death, not that she was complaining of course.

“Yeah, what can I say those asses can’t kill me that easily.”

“I figured. Anyway, we’ve gotta get out of here, this place is set to blow in 45 seconds!”

“Damn, alright how are we gonna get you out of those chains?!” I started panicking. Myra glanced around the room.

“I don’t know! Um, go find something heavy or sharp.”

“Oh wow thanks for being so specific.”

“You’re the not the one locked to a cemented piece of wood!”

“That’s it!”

I gasped as I ran into the kitchen and ran back with an axe. She arched an eyebrow wondering where I found that so quickly and I explained, “I remembered seeing it above the kitchen door and I’d always wanted to take it down and use it to chop a certain group of guys.”

We both laughed but it was brief, given our current predicament. I quickly counted to three and the axe came flying down onto the chain. It only shattered the metal a little, so I had to try a few more times before all that was left attached to me was the cuff itself, looking like an oversized rusty bracelet. “Randi,” she gulped, “it’s going to explode in 7 seconds…”

I felt my eyes grow wide as I grabbed her hand and we made a dash for the door. We had been running so fast that we ended up tripping on a loose floorboard, causing us to fall face first down three stairs. As soon as our bodies scraped against the ground, the house behind us erupted in flames with big explosion noises, just like in the movies. The heat and flames had both spread in our direction and my pants had started to catch on fire. I quickly patted it out, not wanting to deal with anymore fire scenarios and looked over my shoulder to see if Myra was ok. Well, she was ok…but Chris wasn’t.

*Chris’s POV*

It’s weird that I haven’t heard back from the sergeant. He told me before he left that he would have to give the final approval before calling in back up, but since he didn’t respond I just assumed it was ok for me to do it anyway. I had laid low and kept quiet, just incase one of them happened to be in the area. I expected to just end up staying there until Randi and Myra came back, but I was shocked when I heard leaves crunching and voices whispering.

“Eleven more seconds before the house blows up,” one of them laughed.

“This is the easiest escape ever,” another voice replied.

I sat up a little and squinted my eyes so that I could see a little better in the darkness. They were getting away, and I was the only left to stop them. I grabbed the gun that Randi had made me take from the car and sneaked up behind them. It was quiet and all of the sudden I found myself locking the gun in place, aiming it at their backs, and shouting, “Don’t move, or I’ll shoot!”

All three of them stopped almost instantaneously, not expecting anyone to have found or followed them. Synyster turned around to face me. He started clapping as he smirked. “Wow Chris, congrats on catching us. You did what that other guy couldn’t do and well, he ended up with six knives in his chest. Do you want that to happen to you too?” They…they killed the sergeant?!

“No, that’s not going to happen to me because I won’t let you."

I squeezed my eyes shut as I shot for the first time. Apparently, my aim was totally off because they started laughing. That just made me madder. I kept my eyes open the second time around and hit Shadows right in the leg. He fell over a little as he tried to ease the pain.

“You little fucker,” Synsyter said, suddenly serious, “I’m going to make you –.”

“Wait don’t kill him,” Rev interrupted. “Look,” he nodded toward the house.

All three of them and myself looked over at the house to see two girls jump out of the door just before it exploded. “We can use him.” Synyster grinned evilly as he walked over to me and wrapped his arm around my neck tightly, cutting off circulation as he dragged me forward stepping out the bushes and onto the path where Randi and Myra were. I have a bad feeling that if those back up cops don’t get here soon…we’re all goners.

*Normal POV*

I followed Randi’s worried stare and saw all three of them again, only this time Synyster had Chris in a death grip. His arms and legs were all scrapped up, I’m guessing from the branches in the woods. What do they want?! “I don’t know what I’m going to do with you, Myra. You just won’t die,” he sighed. “So I just figured out a way to fix that.”

He threw a gun toward me and it landed on the floor near my feet. “Either you kill yourself right here in front of us or…we kill poor Christopher.” He held a gun of his own near Chris’s head.

“Don’t do it Myra,” Chris said firmly when he saw me glance down at the gun, seriously considering it.

“B-but Chris I can’t just let them –.”

“I’m not giving you a damn choice here, Myra. I’m not going to let you kill yourself.”

“Oh c’mon already,” Shadows growled impatiently, “just shoot them all!”

I can’t stand this anymore. No matter what I do, or how I escape death I always land right back in Synyster’s hands. I’m tired of him tormenting me and my friends and dragging Randi and Chris into all of this. If I end it now, then it will end it all. Slowly, and subtly I reached down for the gun at my feet. I clicked it into place, holding it against my temple.

“Oh it looks like someone’s reached their decision,” Rev announced. Tears started filling my eyes and my hand was trembling.

“NO MYRA!” Chris shouted.

“I’m sorry…for all that I’ve put everyone through,” I choked out, closing my eyes and getting ready for the final blow.

Just as I was ready for my last breath, the sound of sirens filled the air and suddenly, when I opened my eyes there were cop cars filling the driveway. They had run off in the opposite direction, leaving Chris on the ground with a slight bleeding wound, but he assured me he was alright.

Paramedics led each of us to wait in a seat of the cop car where we’d wait until we could each be treated. Sitting down was nice, considering my legs were killing me. Maybe I am finally free from them? For the first time in a long time, I felt safe in this car. I knew they couldn’t reach me here.

The cops returned an hour later with all three of them in hand cuffs. “Your other two buddies are already in a holding cell, so don’t worry you’ll all be together soon enough,” one of the cops leered, pushing them forward, closer to the car we were sitting in. By then I was all bandaged up and my wounds were treated. They couldn’t do much about my broken and shattered knee, but they did their best and gave me some painkillers.

Randi was sitting between Chris and I, which meant that I had a window seat in the car, which meant I got a front row view to watching them walk by. The Rev had a sick twisted grin on his face with one of those ‘I know something you don’t know’ looks.

Shadows glared into the car and said as he stopped briefly, “The next time I see you, I’ll make you wish you were never born, you bitch.” Then he was shoved along leaving Synyster to be last.

He just looked at me, it was a simple look…but his eyes were practically black with hatred, malice, and vengeance. And all of that was directed at me. “See you soon, baby,” he said with his trademark smirk.

I didn’t know it. Randi didn’t know it. Chris didn’t know it. Hell, even the maximum security guards didn’t know it. But I would be seeing those five far too soon. And it wouldn’t be in my nightmares either.
♠ ♠ ♠
wow its kinda sad that this story is over now :( it took me almost a whole year on and off to write it! i hope everyone enjoyed it and are looking forward to the sequel You're Cute When You Scream!!!

The sequel will feature even more blood, more violence, more emotional torture and physical torture, and possibly some twisted emotions! This will be a story you won't wanna miss.

FINAL COMMENTS???