Status: I'll try to update as much as I can. :)

Backseat Serenade

Where We Belong

"Are you ready?" My friend, Natalie asked.
"I-I think so," I shrugged and spun around to show her my outfit.
"You look great! Now let's go, Jaxin and everyone else are all waiting!" She exclaimed and dragged me out of my small apartment.

I moved to San Diego a few weeks ago and I had met Natalie and Jaxin because of my clothing line, Jaxin found out about it coming from New Zealand and so we met and we instantly became friends. They were the only friends I had in San Diego and it was weird because I knew about them before and they had no clue who I was, talk about awkward.

I was eighteen and moved out of home the day after my birthday because I was incredibly tired of everything back in NZ. The people, the environment, everything and I wanted to get out and be able to be independent by myself.

Natalie and Jaxin planned out a welcoming party for me and I had to go to it, whether I wanted to or not. I couldn't actually deny it anyways, they had been so great to me considering they only met me a couple of weeks ago and i'm probably one of the youngest of their friends.

"Finally!" Natalie exclaimed as we pulled up to her house. There were cars everywhere parked outside on the street and the lights were on even though it was only six in the afternoon.

"The barbecue is probably ready by now," Natalie said jokingly hinting at the fact I took forever to get ready.
"Shush okay, you saw I had nothing to wear," I laughed and she shook her head.
"You had a whole closet full!" She hit my arm and we both giggled as we got out of the car.

I took a deep breath as I took in the scene. I had been to their house before but it was only the three of us and their cute dog. Now it was filled with people a decade or a couple of years older than me and not to mention some of those people were in bands, such as Pierce The Veil considering they're family friends basically.

"You look great, don't be nervous, come on!" Natalie smiled and held my hand. She dragged me inside and all eyes turned to look at me, she got up on the stairs and pulled me to her side, she put her arm around my shoulders and placed her hand on my arm with a smile.

"This is the mystery lady! Stella!" Natalie grinned and everyone just stared at me with smiles, it was sort of creepy, thank god Natalie pulled me away to the backyard where Jaxin and a few other people were.

"Jax!" Natalie exclaimed and everyone turned to look at us, my cheeks flushed when I noticed who were standing with Jaxin, this night would be awkward for sure.

Jaxin ran up to Natalie and they hugged as well as kissed sweetly in front of all our eyes, they were adorable, I wished I could have something like that with someone some day.

Natalie and Jaxin finally pulled away from each other and she took me over to where Jaxin had been a few seconds ago with none other than Pierce The Veil, well, two of the members, Jaime and Tony.

"This is Stella," Jaxin told the guys and they smiled.
"Hey," Tony smiled raising his beer at me, I was nearly about to faint when Natalie caught me.
"Hi," I smiled shyly and looked down at the green grass under my feet, I could feel his eyes on me so I looked up at Natalie cautiously trying not to make eye contact with Tony because it would be weird.
"You guys really went out of your way for this... Thanks," I smiled.
"No problem, it was fun to do!" Natalie grinned.
"You know how she is with hand made things and decorations," Jaxin laughed.
"Hey, don't judge me,"
"We weren't, it really looks amazing, Nat," I smiled and looked around at all the fairy lights placed around on the brown fence and all the other small decorations that made the atmosphere feel incredible.
"The best for my girls," She smiled and gave me a hug.
"Hey, I'll be right back, I'm going to find some people you should definitely meet, stay here!"

Natalie ran off inside and left me standing awkwardly with Jaxin and Tony, Jaime had left to get some drinks with some other people. I actually thought I handled meeting them quite well and a smile curved up on my lips.

"Why are you smiling, see anything you like?" Jaxin winked at me. Tony and him laughed so I just looked at both of them confused and finally understood what Jaxin meant as I looked at Tony. Yeah, actually I did.
"No no no, I'm just happy about being here," I told them and they both smiled.
"You sure Stella? There's plenty of eye candy over here," Jaxin smirked. I immediately looked up at Tony and looked down when I met his gaze. Fuck.
"I'm sure, Jaxin," I lied.
"We'll hook you up with someone soon, beware," Jaxin grinned evilly.
"I'm fine just the way I am," I told him with a smile.
"Yeah right!" He exclaimed.
"Honest! I don't want anyone nor would anyone want me, single is the way I should be forever," I shrugged and he just stared at me.
"What?" I asked.
"You're so silly," Jaxin told me and hit my arm.
"It's the truth-"
"No it's not. I bet you fifty bucks some wants you," He cut me off and grinned up at Tony.
"What do you say Tony? You betting with me?" He asked.
"Sure, I'm with Jaxin on this," Tony grinned. I could feel myself start to melt as I stood there, I hoped Natalie would get back quickly. Ugh.
"Well prepare to never loose fifty bucks," I told them with a blank expression.
"Hmm, we'll see," Jaxin winked at Tony and he chuckled leaving me clueless.

Finally Natalie approached us with some other girls and a few guys, she introduced me to every one of them and they all hugged and said their hello's before heading back to do their own thing. Vic, Mike and Jaime soon joined us when the barbecue was ready to get their food and after talking for a little bit they all left again leaving the four of us as we were at the start.

"Stella," Tony said and motioned for me to go with him somewhere. I looked at him worriedly as I felt my blood rush and my heart beat a thousand beats per minute. Natalie gave me a push which almost ended up in me landing face first on the grass but I managed to keep my balance just and walked over to Tony's side.

"Wanna hang out?" He asked smiling and I just nodded since I wasn't able to say anything else.

Tony started walking out of the gate out to the beach and he got a blanket from one of the couches next to the gate as he walked out. I followed quietly behind him and then jogged to his side as we made our way down to the sand under the pink-ish blue sky.

"You mind?" Tony asked and handed me one end of the blanket, I helped him set the blanket on top of the sand and then we both sat down on it looking out at the water and sun that was starting to set.

"Why have the Hall's kept you away for so long?" Tony asked curiously with a smile on his face.
"I kind of asked them too, I'm not used to so much attention," I shrugged and looked at him.
"Jaxin is right, you're silly," He smirked.
"Why?" I asked confused.
"Why don't you like attention? You sure as hell must get it everyday," He said.
"I don't, never have," I told him.
"So no guys ever give you attention, at all?"
"Hardly," I laughed and he just stared at me making me feel uneasy.
"Most guys are stupid," He said after a while and I looked up at him with a smile that I couldn't help but show.
"Or they're not and just know what's good and isn't," I shrugged.
"Now you're stupid," He said shaking his head.
"Explain how I haven't had a boyfriend in four years than?"
"What!?" He asked shocked and I laughed.
"Exactly."
"Hmm, maybe all kiwi's are idiots than, you'll find someone here, I'm sure," He smiled and made me blush.
"Maybe not but oh well," I shrugged and flashed him a smile.
"If you do, you owe me a hug," He grinned happily.
"Fine." I chuckled knowing that I wouldn't find anyone since now that I actually know Tony in person no one will ever match up to him at all.
"Good," He winked, "Anyways how old are you?"
"Have a guess," I grinned.
"Um, twenty-one?" He said and I just laughed at him, "What?" He asked confused with a smile on his lips.
"I'm eighteen," I shrugged and started laughing again. His eyes went wide.
"Oh shit, how are you living here alone than?" He asked confused.
"I flew over here without anyone knowing, not that anyone cared, I'm legally allowed to live alone so yeah," I told him resting my chin in my hands.
"I'm sure people cared,"
"My parents did but no one else," I shrugged.
"Well why didn't they come with you?"
"I didn't want them to, Tony. I want to be by myself, I want to be independent and not have to worry about their opinion on what I do, like, I'm planning on getting a couple of tattoos next week and if they were around they'd say all this shit to me which would just make me feel worthless, so there you go," I sighed.
"Oh," He said, "Do you know where you're going to get them?"
"Um, not really but I'll find some place," I told him.
"Would you mind if I took you to this good tattoo parlor I know? We could hang out after as well,"
"You sure?" I asked trying to hide my happiness.
"Yeah, it would be fun and I want you to be safe getting them," He smiled.
"Okay, it's a date than," I grinned and he went quiet, "Oh, sorry, I didn't mean it like that!" I exclaimed. Good going Stella.
"I was just messing with you," He laughed.
"Ugh, I always say the wrong thing," I sighed but giggled slightly.
"I got what you meant so it's no big deal," He smiled and tapped my hand with his fingers.
"Okay, that's good, ahh! Change of subject!" I exclaimed and moved my hand away from his casually. I could feel my cheeks going red and even though it was dark I knew it could be seen since I'm incredibly white.

Tony and I kept talking until it got really late and Natalie came out screaming at us to get back inside since it was supposed to be my party and I wasn't even at it. To be honest, I would of liked to stay outside with Tony for a little while longer instead of going into the party and having to introduce myself over and over again to people I've never met.

I was happy that I had talked to Tony for so long though, I was calmer than I imagined I would be and he seemed to enjoy my company which made me even happier. I knew some day we'd be friends, if everyone who didn't believe me saw us they'd be choking on their words.

Tony and I walked into the living room where there was music blasting out of the speakers, it surrounded the whole house and I could just imagine how the neighbors would be feeling.

"Wanna dance?" I asked Tony over the music and he nodded. I made my way to the center of the crowd and Tony followed behind me. Out of nowhere Shots by LMFAO started playing and I started fist pumping and singing along to Lil Jon's part. Tony was laughing at me but joined in and soon after Natalie and Jaxin joined us too, it was so much fun.

We spent the rest of the night dancing and eating whatever we could find until everyone left and it was only the four of us sitting on the Hall's couch staring at the blank TV while we talked and laughed about everything and anything.

"I should probably get going," Tony said and got up off of the couch next to Jaxin.
"Me too," I shrugged pointing at the time of two in the morning.
"Okay, I'll take you," Natalie said.
"Natalie I'll take her," Tony said as he walked to the door.
"Really?" She asked relieved.
"Yeah, I'm sure Jaxin wouldn't want you on the streets alone at this hour anyways," He smiled and waved, he walked out and I went over to hug Natalie and Jaxin. I told them thanks for the great night and walked outside where Tony was waiting for me.

"Give me directions once we get to San Diego, okay?" Tony smiled and opened the passenger door for me. I nodded and got in. I put my seat-belt just as he got in and smiled at me again.

Tony and I were back on our way to San Diego. One hour together in a car. I liked that more than I possibly should have. But who could blame me, it's Tony Perry!

"Thanks for the ride," I smiled breaking the silence.
"No problem, I wanted to hang with you for a little longer so it's good," He winked and I blushed for the billionth time that day.
"You're not drunk are you?" I asked laughing.
"No, why?"
"Just asking, I saw you drinking earlier today so I was wondering," I shrugged.
"Oh so you're one of those girls that don't like drink driving?" He asked.
"No but I don't want you getting caught or whatever," I shrugged and he half smiled at me.
"Don't worry, I'm not drunk if I was I would've crashed at the Hall's," He told me.
"Oh, okay," I smiled.
"Hmm, how about you, are you drunk?" He chuckled.
"No, I didn't even have a drop of alcohol tonight," I said.
"So you don't drink?"
"No, I do drink but I didn't feel like it tonight and it's not legal here anyways," I laughed.
"Why not take risks?" He suggested with a evil grin.
"I do that all the time, but I doubt I'll ever drink since I can't get my hands on any alcohol until I'm twenty-one," I laughed looking at him.
"That's why you have old friends now," He chuckled.
"Eh, I can live without it," I smiled.

We got to San Diego and I gave Tony the directions to my apartment, he turned off the ignition and locked the doors before walking me into the building and to my door.

"I had fun tonight, we still on for tattoos next week?" He grinned getting his phone out.
"Me too, and of course," I chuckled as I took his phone from him and put my number in.
"Hold up," He said and my phone suddenly vibrated, "You have my number now," He grinned.
"Well, ugh, this is it for now I guess?" I asked awkwardly since I wasn't sure what else to say.
"I guess," He sighed, "Are you okay sleeping by yourself in there?" He asked with a slight smile.
"I've been doing it for a few weeks now," I laughed.
"Oh, I was gonna ask if you wanted me to stay over for the night?" He said looking into my eyes.
"Why?" I laughed.
"You're not tired are you?"
"Not at all," I said.
"Same, we could watch a movie?" He raised his eyebrows and I smiled as I nodded.

I opened the door and we both walked inside, Tony made his way over to the living room while I locked the door and ran to my room to get into comfortable clothing and a blanket since it was cold inside my stupid apartment.

I walked out into the living room and smiled when I saw that Tony had already put Star Wars on and was sitting down on the couch waiting for it to start. The long intro always killed me.
I made my way over to the couch and plopped down next to Tony. I put the blanket over us and leaned on the other end of the couch.

"I like that you like Star Wars," He smiled at me and then turned back to the TV.
"I like that you like Star Wars," I grinned, he chuckled and made himself comfortable.

**
"Stella?" Tony whispered in my ear and my eyes shot open.
"What? What time is it?" I asked him.
"It's eight," He laughed and I sat up on the couch.
"Go get ready and I'll take you out to get breakfast," He told me and I looked at him blankly. What sort of magic did my life suddenly get?
"Go!" Tony exclaimed and he laughed as I ran down the hall to my bedroom.

I got dressed into casual streetwear and walked out to meet Tony in my living room. He smiled and opened the door to my apartment, he walked out and I followed behind him. I locked the door and we headed down the stairs to the bottom floor and out the door to his car.

Tony took me to The Mission, a wonderful little-big cafe style thing where they served breakfast and lunch, it was adorable inside. Tony and I both ordered pancakes and two non fat strawberry smoothies.

We sat at one of the tables and ate as we talked a little more about one another and then we headed back to my place. He dropped me off and we settled a day for the tattoo then he left and left me smiling like an idiot. I wanted to tell someone about how happy I was but I knew I couldn't. It would be weird for Natalie and Jaxin mostly if they knew how in love I was with their best friend.

This would be my secret no matter how hard it was for me to keep. Maybe I didn't love him anyways, maybe now I would get to know him and only think and want him as a friend. Oh well.

San Diego is surprising.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story I thought of a week ago. I finally decided to write it today after contemplating it every day.
So, please tell me what you think about it so I can decide to keep writing or not, thanks. (:

Hope you liked it anyways. :)