Sequel: Nightmare
Status: Hey Guys! Do take some time & read this first ever fanfic of mine! Do comment what you think! Much appreciated!

Seize the Day

The Meeting.

“Baby,” he whispered as he leaned forward to give me a kiss on my forehead. I felt his strong arms wrapped themselves around my cold body. His warmth was all that I needed. We lay in that position for a couple of hours and he did not even budge. I love this man. I love my man so much.

Tears coursed through my face as I recalled the first time we ever met. I was supposed to meet Sophia, my best friend and my housemate, at the mall to pick something nice up for my parent’s wedding anniversary. My assignment held me back and I ended up meeting her about an hour later. Since I sped throughout my whole journey, I had to apply hard brakes on my lean machine. That startled Sophia and a group of heavily-tattooed men around her. Must be Brian’s band mates. I thought.

“Hey sorry I’m late!” I said as I hugged Soph. She seemed upset but was quick to embrace me in her arms. She told me that she bumped into Brian and his friends and they asked if we would like to join them for burritos. Starving as hell, I agreed and proceeded to meet the band.
“Whoa, sweet ride!” exclaimed one of Brian’s friend who was huge and heavily-tattooed as he glided his fingers on the body of my lean and mean red Ducati 848. He had dimples and I was totally swooned by his smile. There was another who was full of admiration, too. I acted coolly and thanked them for their compliments. “Thank you. You must be Brian’s friends. I’m Natasha.”
“Yeah I’m sorry I didn’t introduce myself. I’m Matt,” said the huge one. I smiled and the other introduced himself as Zacky and gave me a wink. Wow! Talk about charm! The rest were Jimmy and Johnny and I instantly liked Jimmy as he was the wackiest. Brian enquired on my career as he did not expect office clerks to be wearing leather jackets, skin-tight jeans and riding a hot bike. “You’re an ass, Brian! Not everyone works in the office, you know!” I yelped and they chuckled. I told them I was a Bounty Hunter and they showed interest in my job. I was going on and on about my assignments and how I almost got killed in an encounter and they were in awe of my profession. Jimmy even called me a Badass. I was flattered and felt really good. The whole time I was talking, however, I felt a pair of eyes fixed on my face. It was Zacky’s. Although I felt uneasy, I could not deny that I loved the attention! I then changed the subject and asked about them instead. Apparently, Matt is the Lead Vocalist of the band while Brian, Zacky and Johnny are on the guitars. Jimmy, as I guessed, is the drummer. They even have stage names for themselves! I was impressed by their stories on tours and gigs and was genuinely interested. Everyone said a lot about themselves except Matt. Maybe he was just shy. I thought. After about an hour breaking the ice, Brian said that they had to go back to the studio and invited us to drop by sometime. Soph and I gave them a farewell hug each and I felt that Zacky hugged me longer than the rest. How cheeky! We went our separate ways and I continued shopping with Soph. I settled for a beige Herve Leger narrow bandage halter dress which would look great with my favorite leather jacket but Soph dismissed the whole “wearing it with jacket” idea off my head. Soph got herself an orange two-toned Herve Leger bandage dress and she looked perfect in it! Satisfied with our buys, we headed home for some dinner.

The remaining days of the week was hell. I was assigned to track down and capture a fugitive who fled from government’s arrest. It took me 48 hours straight just to locate him and the next hour to gun him down. Since I was not supposed to shoot him dead, I shot him at the legs during an encounter. He was uncooperative and I had to defend myself. Once the authorities got hold of him, I was rewarded with a very fat paycheck. I decided to treat Soph to lunch at a high-end restaurant and meet the guys at the studio on Friday.

Having realized that I was crying, he sat up and wiped my tears away. “Baby, don’t cry,” he whispered as he kissed my lips softly. He held my hands tight and kissed the back of both my hands. “I love you, Nat. I will always love you,” he whispered and hugged me tight. He then proceeded to lay with me again.

Friday came and I drove Soph’s black 1970 Chevelle to Captain Jack’s Prime Rib Restaurant at North Pacific Avenue, Sunset Beach. We had a scrumptious lunch and enjoyed our company together. I took the chance to ask her about Brian and how things were going for them.
“We are good. However, I feel that he wants something more from me and you know I’m not ready for another commitment after wasting three years with Aiden!” I offered an apologetic smile and advised her to do what she felt was right. “Whatever it is Soph, you and Brian looked super cute together!” I teased.
“Tease me all you want! Don’t think that I didn’t realize Zacky had his eyes all over you!” she retorted. “Well, he’s kind of cute.” I admitted.
We laughed and talked some more until we decided that it was time for us to head to the studio.
This time Soph was driving.

They were in the midst of recording when we arrived and we had to sit at the other side of the recording studio. I listened to what they played and actually loved it! They are a heavy metal band and I have full appreciation of such genre as I’ve always loved rock bands such as Guns N Roses and Scorpions. As soon as they were done, Brian came towards us and embraced Soph tenderly in his arms. How cute. He gave me a smile and a nod and pulled me in for a brief hug. The rest did the same, too. Zacky gave me a wink while he smiled and hugged me the longest, again. They gave us a tour of their studio and I complimented Matt on his amazing voice.
“You sing really well!” I exclaimed. Matt shrugged and smiled. “Thank you, Miss Natasha,” he said as he bowed down in gratitude. Zacky took my hand and showed me his awesome rhythm guitar and he strummed a chord or two on his acoustic guitar. “Show off!” Jimmy said as he did a sick drum roll. Brian was showing Soph his guitar while Johnny was nowhere to be found.
“We’re going to hang out at the bar. Join us?” Matt asked suddenly, as if reminding the rest of the band that they were supposed to leave the studio. Soph shrugged and I nodded with a smile. Zacky squeezed my hand and led me out of the studio.
“This is your car?!” Zacky asked Soph as he stopped in his tracks. Soph told them more about the car and they were already crowding the machine. Matt loved Chevelles, as I was informed. He was the most interested in Soph’s car and was so lost in his own world he was startled by the honk of their 1972 Chevelle Convertible. Johnny drove to a stop around the guys and Matt shooed him away from the driver’s seat. Johnny pouted and Soph said that he could drive her car. His face lit up again and he got on her car. Jimmy was quick to take his place on the passenger seat as the engine roared to life and they sped off.
“Was I carjacked?” Soph questioned jokingly. We laughed and Matt motioned for us to hop on. Zacky ran and took his spot at the backseat and motioned for me to sit beside him. I shook my head teasingly and offered to sit at the front passenger seat, not wanting to separate the lovebirds, of course. Zacky pouted but smiled, knowing fully well of my intentions. The ride was smooth despite the fact that my arms brushed Matt’s a few times while he was changing gear along the way. He realized this too, and gave me an apologetic smile which killed me.