Sequel: Nightmare
Status: Hey Guys! Do take some time & read this first ever fanfic of mine! Do comment what you think! Much appreciated!

Seize the Day

The Assignment.

“Natasha Chayanne Adams speaking.” I said sleepily. It was 7am then. I scanned around the bedroom and found Soph sleeping on the bed with me while Brian, Matt, Zacky and Jimmy were sprawled on the floor. Johnny was nowhere to be seen and I grinned. Natalie. “Alright, I’ll be there now.” I ended the call. I was still in my beige dress and I shuffled uncomfortably out of it. I went into the bathroom and took a quick shower. I wrapped myself in a towel and went across the room to my walk-in wardrobe. Thank God for not packing everything when I left the house! I slipped on a navy camisole and put on a studded black skinny jean. Other than a red Converse Chuck Taylor, I had the four inch heels I wore to the anniversary. I sighed and put the heels on. I rummaged through my cupboard, hoping that my car keys were still there. I finally found it and brisk walked to the garage. Before that, I left a note for the guys and Soph stating that I had to go to work and will be back by 7pm. I got on my black BMW 325i Convertible and started the car. The engine was up and running just the way I left it. As I was driving out of the garage, I saw Matt’s car and remembered something. I stopped my car and ran towards the 1972 Chevelle Convertible and took the rectangle package out. I opened the box and wore the black leather jacket Matt got me. Now I look like a bounty hunter! As I ran back to my car, I felt something hard poking my tummy. It was from the jacket. I found a compact disc on the inside of the jacket’s pocket and took it out. There was a Deathbat (the band’s logo) and the words, City Of Evil under it. I believe this was the album they were working on and I got the privilege to listen to it first in the whole world! I opened the CD case and a little post it note was on the CD. ‘Dear babe, track 6 is for you to listen. Jimmy & I wrote it. Tell me what you think okay? Love you. Matt.’ Track 6 huh? I turned to the back of the CD and read the name of the track. Seize the day. How apt, I thought. I found a pair of aviators in the glove compartment and put it on. I blast the song on my car’s CD player and found myself singing along to it in no time.

I arrived at the said location and realized that I had forgotten to bring my mobile phone along. I trotted into the government building and was well received. “Miss Adams, our mayor is expecting you.” The pretty blonde receptionist said.
“Miss Adams,” the mayor extended his hand. I gave him a firm handshake and we proceeded with the assignment. The meeting room was filled with representatives from government agencies from all over the world. There was even a team from the Interpol. This must be seriously serious. The representatives of the government agencies each presented their findings and I listened attentively. It seemed that this fugitive is really a force to be reckoned with. He killed five prison officers in his attempt to escape from a prison in France, which was successful and was heavily armed. He has been at large for about two months then and he could be anywhere. However, they have spotted him for a couple of times at a bar at Huntington Beach recently. Oh crap! It’s the bar I thought Zacky wanted to bring me to that night! I regained composure and listened even more attentively. “The subject is living among us. The subject might just be the guy next door, the guy at the supermarket or the guy at the movies.” The representative explained and proceeded to show the latest photo of the target. He had long black hair which he tied into a ponytail. “Looks familiar, Natasha?” he asked. “Not really. But this would be enough.” I replied coolly. “Not so fast, Natasha. It has been a while and he could change anytime. Please be careful. We were given the permission to open fire at him and we’ll be sending a special force team for you this time.” He elaborated. I nodded, took the case file, put my aviators on and swaggered out of the meeting room. “She’s good!” I heard them say as I left the room. Of course I am. I smiled and made my way to Huntington Beach. It was already 4pm then and I wasted no time to my apartment.

I went into my room and gathered all the weapons needed. I took my heels off and put my Christian Louboutin black leather boots on and strapped my favourite semi-automatic revolver beneath it. That revolver was a gift from my dad and it had the words ‘Carpe Diem’ carved at its sides. I was immediately reminded of Matt, the guys and Soph and decided to give her a call. I went to the house phone and dialled Sophia’s number. It, however, went directly to voicemail. “Hey Soph! Called you but was put on voicemail so here I am, leaving you a message. Look, I got a huge assignment coming up and it would take time. I can’t be back by 7pm as promised but I’ll try to be home before morning. I love you; I love you guys and tell Matt I FUCKING LOVE HIS SONG!!” I shrieked, laughed and said goodbye. I hung up and continued packing my necessities. I strapped a fighting knife on my left leg and packed a UZI silencer in my kit. God knows if I ever need it. As I hurled my backpack across my shoulder, it accidentally knocked over a photo frame. The photo frame, which held a picture of Soph and I for some good five years shattered into pieces on the floor. I picked the glossy photo up and kept it in my backpack and tried to pick the glass fragments up but they grazed my hands instead. Blood was already flowing out of my palm. “Shit!” I exclaimed and decided to just leave the mess there and a note for Soph. “Shit happened, ha! Help me clean up pretty please? xx”

Satisfied with everything, I left the house. I have been blasting Avenged Sevenfold’s ‘Seize the Day’ since morning I decided to listen to the rest of the album. By the time I checked into a motel off Huntington Beach, I was already singing the lyrics to ‘Beast and the Harlot’ and ‘Bat Country’. The songs brought me to the edge and I was head banging the whole time. I stayed in the motel room and studied the device the mayor gave- for me to call backup. I was not trying to be arrogant when I said that I have never needed backup in my five years of duty. This must be something. I checked my weapons and switched my laptop on. I studied the face of the fugitive closely and found something that will distinguish him from the rest- he has got a scar across his left eye which reminded me of Scar in the Lion King. I chuckled and got down to business. It was already 10pm and I decided to move out of the motel and start towards the bar. Track 9 was playing now as I have put the CD on shuffle earlier on. Strength of the world. It started off with a slower, country-gospel ring to it and kicked off at the right moment and of course, I enjoyed it the same. I pulled over at the diner and walked to the bar, just for the fun of it. I entered the bar and it was filled with men of all ages and body sizes. I walked to the bar counter and there were at least three guys who offered me a drink. I sat, looked around and pretended to be bored.

“Waiting for someone?” I heard somebody said in a husky voice. “Nah, not really,” I said without looking at him. “Two margaritas, please! For this lonely beautiful lady and a heartbroken me.” He ordered. I looked up to him to get a view of his face. “Thank you, that was generous of you,” I said. He gave me a slight nod and began talking about his broken heart. He was funny, witty and a buff guy. He had auburn hair as well as an auburn beard. He had his fringe down and it was covering his forehead and part of his left eye. We talked for about an hour and that was when he swept the fringe off his forehead. “So, Miss Natasha, would you like to go out with me? Now?” he asked as he swept his fringe, acting to be all cool and manly. I spotted the scar and I knew I had our fugitive. I smiled sweetly and led him out of the bar. We got into his Porsche Panamera and he drove off to the direction of the motel. He led me to his room and I found out that he was staying in a room directly above mine! I knew it would not be safe for me to follow him up but I did anyway.

“Make yourself comfortable. I’ll be there in a jiffy!” I heard him say from the bathroom. I took the opportunity to rummage through the cupboards and his briefcases and I found a semi-automatic revolver. I continued my search and I found more details about him and newspaper clippings about his escape. I was so engrossed in reading the clippings when I felt something sharp poking my back.
“What are you doing Miss Natasha Chayanne Adams? The ever-so-famous and successful Bounty Hunter in town?” he hissed. I smiled. Yeah, you got me Scar. I turned calmly with my hands in the air and I saw the sharp object that was poking me. True enough, it was a kitchen knife. I felt my back and it was bleeding. “I saw you checked into the motel. I even got to break into your room and well, browsed your laptop,” he continued and smiled. “Now that you’ve got me, what are you going to do pretty little girl?” He took the kitchen knife and grazed my right cheek with it. I spat on his face and he gave me a resounding slap across my face. “When I saw you park in front of the diner, I thought that you weren’t pursuing me and this was all a coincidence. But then, you just had to walk into the bar, didn’t you?” he smiled and stabbed my left arm. I wanted to scream in pain but I did not. He proceeded to take a step back and was about to stab my arm again when I reached for my knife using my right hand. I stabbed his attacking arm and he cringed in pain. I kicked hard on his knees and he was kneeling down in front of me. I gave him a solid punch to his face but he did not give up the fight. He reached for the revolver in the cupboard and pulled the trigger. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach as I pulled my revolver out and shot him on the head. Bullseye. The last thing I remembered, I was activating the device when my head grew heavy and I fell into unconsciousness.