Clive & Layla

Clive

I took one last look into my full-length mirror in my room. I smiled at my reflection, I looked good. After making some more faces at myself I walked out of my room and into the kitchen to get my keys. It was 8 pm, I was in good shape, I might even be a little early to pick up Layla.
Layla and I had been seeing eachother for five flawless, consecutive years now and I thought that tonight I will propose to her at the party. She will say yes and we will get married in a beautifull church, go on a honeymoon in Hawaii, then have a couple of kids. I've planed it all out. I can't imagine spending my life with out her, as cliche as it might sound she completes me.
I picked up my keys and the ring and left my flat. I ran down the stairs with a grin on my face. "I'm the man" I kept repeating in my head, "I'm the man and I have the girl, I am simply unstoppable." I got to my sexy red confertable and drove off to Layla's house. Layla Edwards... that is going to be her name, it so simply rolls of the tongue.
I arrived at her house, there she was in her black martini dress standing in front of her house. She looked so elegant tonight. My future wife. I stopped in her drive way and she walked into my car. " Hello sweetie" she gave my a light peck on my cheak.
"Are you ready to go, Layla?" I asked.
" I am if you are," she beamed. I smiled back at her, my insides feeling warm. I pushed on the gas and away we went.
" Clive, do you know where the party is?" he asked a couple of minutes into the drive.
" Of course! What kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't know where we were going?"
" Okay, can you tell me where we're going?" she asked her voice getting a little stern.
" We're going to Tom and Andrea's place, remember?" I answered trying not to sound hurt by her tone.
" Oh yes..." she replied looking out the window.
She hates me. Layla wont say yes will she? I sarted panicing. What would I do if she were to say no?!
" Layla, do you still love me?" I asked wanting to sound nonchalant.
She heaved a sigh before answering " Clive you know I do, please don't get worked up again sweetie." I could feel the tention fill the car, she didn't really love me did she? I pressed on the pedal harder, I wanted to get to the party soon, just so I could get away from her. For the rest of the ride it was unnervingly silent. I tried to think of something to say to her, but couldn't come up with anything. She wont say yes.
We finally arrived at the party, I got out of the car and walked to Layla's side to open the door for her. She glanced up at me and said "thank you" with a light smile on her face. Tonight what going to be okay.
♠ ♠ ♠
If you're confused by Clive's character it is on purpose he's supposed to be over-reactive.