Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 11.

I woke up early the next morning; showered quickly and got dressed. I was a little more eager to get to work than I thought I'd be.

Once again, I was a little early. I sat in my car and waited until it was time to go in. Until I was interrupted by a knock on my window. I felt my cheeks burn as I turned to see David standing outside, smiling down at me. I sighed, collecting my things, and got out of the car, slowly shutting the door behind me.

"Good morning." He said cheerfully. I forced a smile.
"Good morning, Doctor." I said. I decided I'd avoid the calling him by his first name, hopeful to it showing I wasn't comfortable with how comfortable he was with me.
"So, did you have fun last night? You seemed like your mind was elsewhere all night." I sighed, shrugging.
"Yeah, I.. I was just tired." Lie. "I.. I get like that when I'm tired. But. I had fun." Another lie.

He smiled back.
"We should do it again sometime." He said. I nodded, looking over to the building.
"Should.. we head in?" I asked. Trying to avoid any more one on one conversation, and any intentions he might have on asking me to go out again. He nodded, following me through the automatic doors. I was once again greeted with the cold air that filled the hospital. I quickly made my way into the small room I was given for my things and any one on one discussions I was assigned.

It was something. And it was an escape from Dr. Roberts.

I anxiously counted down the minutes until the group discussion, where I knew I'd get to see Kellin again. Those beautiful eyes, and that warming smile. If I was lucky.

I made my way into the discussion room, and waited at the head of the circle, patiently waiting for the patients to walk in. It wasn't long before they began to stroll in, one by one. I bit my lip, watching the door, waiting for that usual mop of long, dark hair.

Five minutes passed, and everyone sat in the circle, waiting further instructions. Everyone but Kellin. My heart sunk. I bit my lip, looking around at everyone looking back at me.

"So.." I said, deciding to begin. I looked down at my sheet on my clipboard. "Today we're discussing how our home life could have some impact on why we feel, and think they way we do. Does anyone want to start?" The room was quite. I looked around at everyone. They once again tried avoiding eye contact. I looked over at the girl with the thin blonde hair.
"How about you?" I asked. "What's your name?" She looked up at me, like a deer in the headlights. Her cheeks turned bright red, and she began fiddling with her fingers.
"Um.. M-my name's Gina." She said. I smiled.
"Gina. How about you start." She sighed, looking around at everyone, who was staring back at her.

"Well.." She said. "A-at home.. everyone would.. would always call me fat. They'd tell me not to eat certain things, or tell me I'm eating too much, and that I'll get fat." She stopped, looking down at her feet. "I think that has a lot to do with why.. well, why I don't.. feel pretty. And I feel like.. well, like I can't eat anything, or else I'll get fat. And they'll just make fun of me more.. and tell me 'I told you so'.. I don't know." She sighed, now kicking her legs back and forth. I looked her up and down. She was sickly thin. Her legs looked like twigs, along with her arms. It made me upset to even look at her, to know that her own family were the ones who drove her to become like this. Because of the things they said to her, she was on the verge of death, all because she searched for their approval.

"Th-thank you Gina. That was very good." She nodded, her cheeks turning red again. I looked around at everyone else.
"Does.. anyone else want to share?" I asked. No one spoke.
"No one?" I asked. They all looked down or around at each other. Mentally guessing who was going to be picked out next.
"Well.. like I said. If no one wants to talk, you're not obligated to be here. I'm only here to help those who want to be helped. So, you're free to go if you wish." It was quiet for a little, then one by one they all got up, and walked out.

I sighed. I was alone again. Until I heard the door open. I popped my head up, and my heart began to race.

It was Kellin.