Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 12.

He smiled at me. I felt my cheeks getting red. I bit down on my lip to contain my smile.
"You're late." I said. He sighed, looking down at his feet as he walked over to the circle of chairs.
"I.. prefer when we talk.. just you and me." He said softly. "And I saw everyone walk out so.." I nodded.
"Right" I said, smiling up at him. He sat down across from me, staring at me with his big, beautiful eyes. I only wondered what he could possibly be thinking. Something about him just left me so.. interested.

"So, then what do you want to talk about?" I asked. He shrugged.
"What'd you do last night?" He asked, slouching in his chair. I blushed.
"Some of the doctors asked me to go out for a drink." I said. He smiled, nodding.
"By some of the doctors, do you mean Dr. Roberts?" He asked. He smirked at me. I felt my cheeks get even redder.
"And what is that supposed to mean?" I asked. He giggled to himself.
"Nothing.." He sighed. "It's just.. everyone around here seems to think he's Mr. Perfect." I shook my head.
"Well, quite honestly.." I said, I looked around at the door, making sure he wasn't around to hear me. "I find him to be rather creepy." Kellin laughed, now sitting up in his chair.

"Really?" He said "A charming, guy like him? And he's a doctor. Isn't that every woman's dream? To marry a doctor?" I shuddered.
"Oh, stop. He's too old for me." Kellin sighed, continuing to smile at me. I couldn't help but smile back at him.
"Well, you went out for a drink with him.." He said.
"I went out for a drink with everyone. He just happened to be there as well." He nodded.
"If you say so, Taylor."

"Well, how about you?" I asked, changing the subject. "What did you do last night?" He shrugged.
"Well.." He began. "I slept." I smiled, remembering how much trouble he's had with sleeping recently.
"Well, that's progress. What'd you dream about?" I asked. His cheeks got bright red.
"Nothing." He said quickly. "I.. I don't remember my dreams." I nodded.
"Me either." I sighed "For the most part anyway." He nodded, shoving his hands into his pockets.

He was staring up at me, giving me a small smile.
"What is it?" I asked. He shook his head, but held his gaze.
"You.. You just.. I don't know." He sighed, looking down. He began biting his sleeves again. I bit my lip. He was nervous.
"Why do you.. spend so much time with me?" He asked. "Why me? Why not.. any other patient?" I felt my cheeks getting red again. My body went cold. I sighed, still staring at him; back at his big, beautiful eyes.

"I don't know.." I said quietly. I felt the smile come back. "You.. You fascinate me, Kellin."