Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 13.

He stared back at me, his smile bigger than I've ever seen. I looked down, feeling my cheeks start to blush again.

"You.. you have a pretty smile." He said quietly. I looked up at him. He was gazing, gently biting his lip. I felt my heart beat faster.
"You.. you think so?" I asked. He sighed, nodding, looking down at his feet.

He said my smile was pretty. I shook the thought. Why was I getting myself so worked up over this. It was nothing. He didn't see me in that way, so I shouldn't trick myself into thinking other wise.

".. You have a great smile too." I said quietly. He looked back up at me, giving me that subtle smile, licking his lip. My heart was beating faster.
"I just wish you'd smile more often." He smirked, looking away.
"I.. really only smile when I'm with you." He said. He stared into my eyes, gazing again. I looked down, conscience of my once again burning cheeks and rapidly beating heart. What was happening? Why was I getting like this? All I knew was his eyes made me melt, and the sound of his voice made my heart jump and I'd give anything just to hold his hand. His sweet and innocent face had a way of engraving itself into my mind and popping up whenever I had a spare moment or closed my eyes. He was there, and I liked it.

I looked at the clock.
"You.. want to head out for lunch?" I asked. He nodded, getting up from his chair. He put out his hand for me to grab, staring down at me, hopeful. I bit my lip, smiling up at him, gently taking his hand. It was warm, and bigger than mine. He wrapped his fingers around mine, helping me up. I got up and was soon face to face with him. He stared down into my eyes. My heart was beating faster.

I then gently pulled my hand away, backing up away from him towards the door.
"Ready?" I said. He sighed, nodding, following me out into the cafeteria.