Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 16.

I felt my cheeks get red and my heart beat faster. I smiled up at him. He bit his lip, smiling back at me shyly.
"You.. you think I'm.. beautiful?" I said. I nodded, looking back down at the table.

I searched the table for more string and beads, and made him a bracelet as well.
"Here.." I said, gently tying it around his wrist. "So you don't forget either."

He spun it around, and smiled, looking back up at me. His bracelet read "Beautiful" as well, only I had slipped a heart bead on the end. He inspected it.
"You.. think I'm beautiful, too?" He said quietly. I hesitated, biting my lip, but nodded. I felt my cheeks getting red.
"I do." I said. He smiled, looking down. Then, he got up from the table, holding his hand out.

"Can I show you something?" He asked. I looked around, I was supposed to stay in here with everyone, but there were maybe two or three other people in here. What could it hurt.
"S-sure." I said. He smiled, taking my hand in his, helping me up. He held my hand tightly as he walked me down the halls. I could feel my burning cheeks and racing heart the longer he held my hand.

Finally, he brought me to a room in the back of the hospital. It was colder, and darker than the rest. I imagined it was why he liked it.
"Where are we?" I asked. He giggled.
"You'll see." He said. He turned on the lights, and I was greeted with a smaller room, with a piano in the back. I looked up at him. He smirked, shrugging, and went over.

He sat down at the piano. I pulled a chair over next to it. He looked over at me.
"Do you know how to play?" He asked. I shook my head. I didn't know how to play anything. He sighed.
"Do.. you want me to teach you?" I bit my lip. He patted the spot next to him on the bench. Once again, I hesitated, but got up, now sitting close to him on the bench. He smiled as my arm brushed up against his.
"Now.." He said "Put your hand on top of mine." I did what he said. I saw him smile again.
"And play this." I did as he told me.
"That's great." He said. "Now, you play that, and I'll play down here. Got it?" I nodded, and once again, I did what he said.

"See? It's easy." I looked up at him. He was smiling. He was beautiful. My head was spinning. He noticed.
"Are you okay?" He asked, giggling. I snapped out of it, looking back down at the keys.
"I'm fine." I said quietly. He moved closer to me. I felt his leg up against mine. My heart was beating faster again.
"Can.. Can I hear you play?" I asked. He sighed, looking down at the keys.
"If you want.." He said. He placed his fingers over various keys, and played.

He made it look so easy. His hands glided over the keys so effortlessly. And it was beautiful. I had never heard anything like it.

"Kellin, that was.. that was beautiful." I said. He bit his lip, looking down at me.
"You're beautiful, Taylor." He said softly, staring deep into my eyes. My heart stopped.

He then started moving closer, and soon, his forehead was against mine. My heart was about to pound out of my chest. I gently reached my hand up, placing it behind his neck. He moved closer, but we were interrupted by a knock at the door. I jumped, quickly moving away from Kellin. He sighed, still staring at me, eyes wide, face dropping in disappointment.

"I knew I heard something." I heard. I looked in the doorway. It was Dr. Roberts.
"Yeah, um, Kellin was just.. showing me how to play piano." I said. My voice shook. I still hadn't wrapped my mind around what had almost happened. Kellin bit his lip, nodding.
"Well, it sounded great, Taylor, if you're not busy, how about you join me for coffee? We can leave Kellin alone to practice." He sighed, turning back to the keys. I bit my lip.

"O-okay. Y-yeah. Sure." I said, getting up from the bench. He stared up at me, biting his lip, as I walked off. I turned back before walking down the hall to see him turned back at the piano, hands through his hair, staring down at the keys. I wanted nothing more than to be back there with him.