Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 19.

The rest of my day was a blur. Kellin hadn't shown up to the group discussion, or meet me afterwards for lunch. I sat alone, outside, sure to avoid being asked to sit with the doctors like last time. Or should I say, Dr. Roberts.

Later on, I went back into my small room, there was no one to talk to, and by no one, I meant Kellin. Where was he? Did he go back to sleep? I sat there thinking of any possible reason he would have to not show up today. Then, I heard something from across the room. I looked down to see someone had slid a small piece of paper under the door. I quickly got up, and read it.

"Roses are red, violets are blue, meet me down the hall, there's a surprise for you."

I felt my cheeks get red. A surprise? For me? I bit my lip. I hoped it wasn't from Dr. Roberts. This would be an all time low for him. I had made it perfectly clear I wasn't interested in him. I don't know why he kept trying. I sighed, opening the door, and making my way down the hallway.

All the rooms were empty. Except one. The room at the end of the hallway. The room where Kellin had tried to teach me to play piano. I started walking faster, my steps keeping up with my rapid heart beats.

Finally, I got to the door way. My jaw dropped. The room was filled with candles. I looked around, most were on the piano. The piano where Kellin sat. It felt like my heart had stopped. I covered my beaming smile with my hands. He smiled back at me, his cheeks blushing.

He was in a dress shirt and dress pants, his hair brushed, but still the usual dark, mop that I loved. He stared up at me with his big blue eyes.
"I see you got my message." He said, smirking at me. I nodded.
"What's this all about?" I asked. He sighed, now standing up.
"I just.. I thought about what you said before. And.. well.. um.." He bit his lip, now looking down at his shoes. He started nibbling on the sleeve of his dress shirt. I gently pulled it out of his mouth.
"You're gonna ruin your shirt." I said. He giggled, staring into my eyes. I could tell he was nervous about something.

"Taylor, I.. I was wondering.. if.. if you.. well, if you wanted to.. I mean.. you.. you seemed excited about it and everything.. I just.. I.. I guess I'll just spit it out." He said. He sighed.
"Will.. y-you be my date to the dance?" He said. He bit his lip, and his eyes got wide. His cheeks got red once again. He.. was adorable. I couldn't help but smile.

I looked around at the room. This must of taken him forever to set up. I smiled at him.
"Now, how could I say no to you."