Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 20.

He was beaming.
"I-is.. is that.. a yes?" He said. I giggled, nodding.
"Yes." He bit his lip, now grabbing my waist, pulling me close into a tight hug. I sighed, wrapping my arms around his neck, hugging him tightly.

My heart was beating fast. I moved away to be met with his gaze once again. Those big beautiful eyes staring back at me. He bit his lip.
"T-Taylor.. I.. I.. umm.." He then sighed, letting me go. I was confused. What was going on with him?

"Kellin.. w-what's going on?" I asked. He sighed, looking down at me.
"Nothing." He said softly. He gently touched my cheek. My heart was beating faster. He then moved away, and started blowing out the candles around the room.
"Do.. do you need help?" I asked. He smiled at me.
"That'd be nice." He said. We blew out the candles around the room.

Soon, we were on our way back down the hallway. Kellin was quiet.
"Are you alright?" I asked. He looked down at me, biting his lip. I heard him sigh.
"C-can I.. CanIholdyourhand?" He said. I could barely make it out, but I knew what he said. I couldn't help but smile, my cheeks getting red at the sight of him, over the fact he got so nervous.
"If you want to.." I said softly. He smiled, slowly reaching over, gently touching my hand, and hooking his in mine. Soon, I felt his fingers intertwine within mine.

I looked up at him. He was smiling down at me. My heart was racing. He was holding my hand. He wanted to hold my hand. Could it be maybe he saw me as more than someone he was forced to talk to? Could it be, maybe someone like him could actually like someone like me?

Kellin was perfect, despite what others said about him. There was nothing wrong with him. Any girl would be lucky to have someone like him.

I bit my lip, looking down at the floor. I felt Kellin start to swing our hands as we walked. It felt right; being there with him. Walking with him, holding his hand. I never wanted to go anywhere again without him holding my hand. I've never felt like this before; like someone actually really wanted to be with me. Like I was actually something special.

I looked up at him and imagined what it might be like to kiss him. To tangle my fingers in his hair, and just kiss him. I contemplated it numerous times as we walked down the hallway together. No one else was there. No one else would know. But, aside from it being unprofessional, I didn't care who knew. There was something about him, and I wanted him.