Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 24.

He stared back at me, quiet, biting his lip, as if contemplating. I felt my cheeks blush. Finally, he nodded. I smiled, gently taking his hand, quietly walking towards the parking lot.

He looked around once we got to my car.
"We're okay." I said. He nodded.
"I know, I just.. I forgot what.. it was like. To ride in a car." He said, getting into the passenger seat. I stopped, replaying what Kellin had said in my mine. He had really been here a long time.

Finally, I got into the car, turned the key, and we were on our way.

He was quiet for most of the drive. Constantly looking out the window, admiring everything as we drove by. It was like a new world to him. I enjoyed getting to witness him relive everything all over again. He was like a little kid, just sitting, staring around him; full of wonder and excitement.

Soon, we reached my house. I pulled into the driveway and looked over at him. He was staring out the front window, looking up at the house, biting on his sleeve. He was nervous.

"Are you alright?" I asked. He nodded, still quiet. I unlocked the doors for him to get out.

"Your house is.. really nice." He said. I smiled, blushing.
"Thanks" I said. He smiled back at me, still chewing on his sleeve.

"Well.." I said, turning the knob, walking through the front door. "This is it. Home sweet home." He smiled, walking around the room, getting a better view of the downstairs.

"It's so cute." He said, smiling as he examined everything; what seemed like every inch of the house. I stood and watched.
"It even smells nice." He said. I sighed. He was used to the smell of the hospital. The smell of disinfectant and lunchroom food.

I went into the kitchen.
"Are.. you hungry?" I asked. His cheeks got red. He bit down on his lip. I giggled.
"I'll take that as a yes." I said, opening the fridge. He smiled, and sat down at the counter, overlooking the kitchen.
"What would you like?" I asked. He sighed, shaking his head.
"Anything." He said. "Anything is better than the food at the hospital." I giggled. He was right.

I wound up just making him a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He ate it faster than I had expected. I guess he was hungrier than I thought.
"Can I see your room?" He asked. My cheeks burned. I hadn't cleaned. God only knew what was up there.
"Umm.." I said. He giggled.
"It's fine, if you don't want me to." He said, finishing the rest of the glass of milk I had left him. I sighed.
"Come on.." I said, leading us towards the stairs. He followed closely. I brought us down the hall to the last room. My room.
"Now.. just.. be warned.. it's.. a little messy." I said. He smiled.
"I'm sure it's perfectly fine." He said sweetly. I melted.

I slowly opened the door, inspecting the damage before letting Kellin inside. It wasn't so bad. At least I had made my bed this morning.

He walked inside, and smiled, walking around the room, once again inspecting every inch.
"It's not much.." I said.
"I love it." He said to himself. I sighed, sitting down on my bed, just watching him walk around my room. He kept the smile on his face.

"So.. where do you want to sleep tonight?" I asked. He stopped, now facing me. His cheeks turning bright red. He began chewing on his sleeve again.
"I.. I can go downstairs. I'll sleep on the couch. That's fine." He said quietly. I bit my lip, rocking back and forth on my bed. I looked over.
"Are you.. sure?" I asked. "Cause.. there's plenty of room over here." I said. His eyes got wider, and cheeks blushed more than before. It was quiet for a little. Then, he walked over. My heart began beating faster.

He reached down, tilting up my chin, and gently kissed my lips. I reached up, gently grabbing his shirt, and I felt him smile. He moved away,

"Well.." He said, he smirked, gently kissing my forehead. "That would be unprofessional." He headed for the door. My heart was still racing as I watched him turn the knob, and step into the doorway. He turned back, still smiling at me.
"Good night, Taylor." He said, winking at me before turning away, shutting the door behind him.