Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 26.

I couldn't sleep that night, but I kept still. I felt Kellin's gentle breathing. He was finally sleeping. I didn't want to wake him. He was finally starting to sleep again.

I looked up at him. His face so sweet and innocent. He looked so peaceful when he slept. I leaned up, gently kissing his cheek. I felt him sigh, cuddling closer. My heart began to beat faster, and a small smile spread across my face. He was perfect. And he was finally here with me.

Then, I felt him move. I tried keeping as still as I could. It was no use. His eyes opened. I sighed.
"I tried not to wake you." I said. He sighed, giving me a subtle smile, gently touching my cheek. He stared into my eyes.
"It's okay.." He said softly. "I don't mind waking up to this." He always knew the perfect thing to say.

"You still have a few more hours." I said "You should try and get as much sleep as you can."
"I guess.." He said, now bringing his hand up, gently running his fingers up and down my arm. My heart raced as I felt the goosebumps throughout my entire body. He then pulled me closer, gently kissing my forehead. I ran my hands up his shirt. He held me closer, tilting my chin back up. I bit my lip.

"Taylor.." He said "W-what happens.. after tonight?"
"I.. Well, what do you want to happen?" I asked. He leaned his forehead against mine. I knew where this was going. My heart was racing.

He then leaned down, gently kissing me again. I moved my hands up, tangling my fingers in his hair, pulling him closer, kissing him harder. He wasted no time, grabbing my waste, now moving himself over me. I stared up into his eyes, fingers still lost in his mop of hair. He licked his lips, staring back.

"I.. thought you said you wouldn't try anything." I said. He giggled, biting his lip.
"I can go back downstairs if you want.." He said quietly. I shook my head. He sighed, leaning back down, kissing me again. It was magical every time. Just how I had imagined it. Every kiss, filled with a million explosions that quickly spread throughout my body.

Finally, he moved away, and gently kissed my forehead once again. I sighed, reaching up, grabbing onto his shirt.

"Why.. can't everything just.. work. Like this?" I said. He rolled back over, staring at me from his side of the bed. His side. I could only dream.
"What do you mean?" He said. I bit my lip.
"I mean.. why does everything have to be so difficult with us. Why.. can't I just be with you.. and you just be with me? Why.. is it so.. unprofessional? What, is it unprofessional to have feelings? I.. I.." He cut my off, quickly kissing my lips again. I stopped, losing my train of thought.
"Just.. be patient." He said, gently running his fingers through my hair. "Things will work out.. if they're meant to." He giggled to himself. "I'm crazy, remember? Who's to say you even want to be with me? I'm.. surprised you've even been this interested in me." He bit his lip, gently running his fingers from my hair, to down my neck, across my arm, until he reached my hand, and then slowly intertwined out fingers.

"You.. you're perfect, Taylor. You deserve someone perfect. Not a freak like me." He said. His face dropped, but he held his stare into my eyes. I sighed.
"But.. I want you." I said. "You.. you don't.. you just don't get it. You're different, Kellin. You're not like everyone out there. You have real feelings.. real thoughts.. and.. that's beautiful. You're beautiful. You're not crazy. You just.. feel. A lot." He looked away.
"I feel crazy.." He said softly.

I then gently ran my hands up his arms. He bit his lip as I came to his scars. I gently traced every one with my fingertip. He moved close, leaning his head against mine. I looked up at him.
"Why?" I asked. He sighed, and was quiet for a while. I waited.
"Because.." He said "No one cares.. why should I? No one cares what happens to me. I just.." He stopped, looking back down.
"I care." I said. I felt him sigh as he picked his head up, gently kissing my forehead again. His lips traveled down to my cheek, then back to my lips.