Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 31.

The next morning I came in, extra bag in hand with my outfit to change into for the dance after work hours. A simple, dark, blue dress. Nothing crazy.

The day dragged on, just like every other day, ever since Kellin was taken from my schedule. I wondered what Justin was talking to him about. I wondered if Kellin was even listening. I wondered what he was thinking about.

I aimlessly finished my paperwork, got through my group discussions, and ate my lunch alone in my office. Soon, it was time for the dance. I quickly changed into my dress, and made my way down the hallway to Kellin's room. I became more nervous the closer I got to his room. I knocked. It wasn't long before I was face to face with Kellin again. He smiled, looking me up and down.

"You look beautiful.." He said quietly. I felt my cheeks get red. I looked down.
"Th-thank you." I said. I looked him up and down as well.
"You look great too.." I said, gently running my hands down his chest, pressing the wrinkles out of his shirt. It was a nice button down with a blue tie. He looked so handsome.
"Am.. I allowed to hold your hand?" He said, biting his lip.
"I.. don't think it would be a good idea." I said, his face dropped.
"Okay.." He sighed, walking out. I followed close.

You could hear the music from down the hallway. Kellin shoved his hands in his pockets, slouching as he walked. I walked closer to him. I saw him peek down at me.

Finally, we got to the open dining all where they had the dance floor and DJ. I heard him sigh.
"I.. don't really dance." He said quietly. I held onto his arm.
"That's okay.. we don't have to." I said. He brought me over to a table toward the back of the room. I sat in the chair closest to him. He looked around at the dance floor, at the people dancing, talking. It seemed as though everyone knew each other, and he was out of the loop. His face looked sad, and he had eyes to match.

I scanned the room as well, and soon my eyes locked on Justin. He stood at the bar they had set up. His eyes met mine. He smiled, waving at me. I smiled back. His eyes matched his dark green shirt. You could see his muscles through his sleeves. I turned to the bartender and soon was walking over, two drinks in hand. He sat next to me.

"Hey.." He said, smiling, handing a drink. He purposely ignored Kellin.
"So, why is a pretty girl like you sitting down? Why aren't you dancing?" He said. I felt my cheeks get red. I looked down.
"Um.. I.. I.. uh.." He giggle.
"Do you want to dance?" He asked, standing up, holding out his hand. I looked over at Kellin. His eyes wide, he sighed.
"Go ahead.." He said quietly. I bit my lip.
"Are.. are you sure?" I asked. Kellin nodded, looking down at the table. I hesitated, then gently grabbed Justin's hand. He smiled, pulling me out towards the dance floor.