Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 32.

Justin held me close as he danced with me, but I couldn't help myself from glancing over at the table. Kellin was sitting there, alone, looking down, playing with the small favors they had left for ever place they sat.

"You know.." He said, leaning in. It made it easier to hear over the music. "I think he has a little crush on you." I felt my cheeks get red and my heart drop.
"W-what?" I said "Who?" Justin giggled.
"Kellin. That's who." I stared up at him, unsure as to what I should say.
"You.. you think?" I said, playing along. He nodded.
"Yeah.." He sighed. "I don't get why he wouldn't take advantage of sitting with someone like you. I'm glad I took my opportunity when I did." He smiled at me. I bit my lip, smiling back. I never noticed, his eyes had some blue in they. They were prettier than I thought.

"What about you?" He asked, making sure to stay close to me.
"What about me?" I asked. He smirked.
"Are you.. interested in anyone?" He asked. I sighed. He sure didn't waste any time, did he.
"Um.. well.." I said. He giggled.
"I'll take that as a no." He said quietly. I bit my lip, going along with it, once again glancing over at Kellin. He leaned his cheek in on his hand, and began twirling the silverware around on the table. He looked miserable.

Suddenly, the music changed. The lights got dark, changing from bright yellows and pinks to dark blues and purples. The music was no longer the familiar loud bass and electronic beats, but a sweet piano melody.

I looked back over at Kellin. He was looking at me. I felt my heart race. I turned to Justin.
"Will.. will you excuse me?" I said. He backed away, looking at me confused.
"S-sure." He said. I then slowly walked across the dance floor, making my way over to our table. Kellin looked up at me, wide eyed. He turned inhis chair to face me. I held out my hand.

"Do.. do you.. I don't know.." I said. I turned, looking back at the dance floor, then back to him. "Do.. you want to dance with me?" I said quietly. I saw him smile, and even in the new lighting, I could see him blushing.
"You.. you want to dance with me?" He said. I nodded, still holding out my hand. He looked down at me.
"I'm.. I'm not really a dancer.." He said, biting his lip. Finally, he sighed, taking my hand.

A large smile spread across my face as he lead me over to the dance floor. He then turned to face me, our faces inches away.
"I.. think this is what I'm supposed to do." He said, gently taking my hand in his, pulling me close. I wrapped my arms around his neck, swaying close to him. He stared down at me, the gentle smile still on his face. His large blue eyes stared back at me. I saw him lick his lips, then bite down as he moved closer, leaning his forehead against mine.

"Taylor, I.. there's something I've been.. well, I've.. wanted to tell you.. I just.." He began. He stopped himself, staring back into my eyes. I saw his mind racing a mile a minute through his eyes. I then moved my hand gently running my fingers down his cheek.
"I.. I just.. T-Taylor.." He looked down, scrunching up his face. He was stuttering. I knew he was nervous.
"Taylor, I just.. after these past few days, I just.. You.. you make me feel.. feel so.. and I'm.. I.. I think I'm.."
"It's okay." I said "W-what is it?"
He sighed, staring back at me.
"Taylor, I.. I'm in lo-"
"Hey there.." I heard. I was then face to face with Justin, who swifty grabbed my waist, slipping me out of Kellin's grip.
"You don't mind if I cut in, right?" He said, not breaking his stare from me. Justin had on a sly smile, as if he was pleased with his move. I looked over at Kellin. His face had dropped, his eyes sad, almost teary. I felt my stomach drop. He bit his lip, hiding his face as he shoved his hands in his pockets, turning away, and quickly walking out of the dance, back into his room.