Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 40.

I opened my eyes to see I was on a stretcher. I quickly sat up, looking around. My head was pounding. There were flashing lights and people around, staring in shock. What had happened? Down the road, I saw my car; totaled. I looked around for Kellin. My heart was racing. He threw himself in front of me.

He had saved my life.

Then, I looked over and saw the paramedics lifting him into the ambulance. I climbed off the stretcher, running over.
"Is he okay?" I yelled. I was frantic. I could barely see straight. No one was answering me. No one was listening. What was going on?

One of the paramedics climbed out of the ambulance.
"Is he okay?" I yelled, he looked at me, his eyes wide.
"He needs to get to a hospital. As do you. We need you back of the stretcher." I looked at him confused. Suddenly, my arm caught my eye. There was a large gash going down. My heart was racing. I needed to see Kellin. But, I could tell, I had no say in the matter. They brought me back to the stretcher and loaded me into another ambulance.

I stared at the ceiling the entire drive. My heart was pounding. They could tell. I was hooked up to their monitor. I could tell they were concerned. But I was fine. Why were they worrying about me? Why weren't they worrying about him? Worrying like I was. I felt tears come to my eyes. I'd never be able to forgive myself if something happened to him. This was all my fault. I had looked away from the road. I had suggested going for a drive. We'd still be in my kitchen if I hadn't said anything.

I few hours had gone by. They had stuck me in my own room, doing numerous tests, making sure everything was working the way it was supposed to. They stitched up my arm, and suggested I stay the night.

The whole thing was a blur. Where was Kellin? Was he okay? Why wasn't anyone telling me anything? I knew the only way I was going to get answers is if I went and searched for him myself.

I quietly left my room, searching the signs on the doors as I made my way down the hallway. Finally, I saw it. Quinn. I went inside, and there he was. My heart sunk.