Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 42.

I sighed.
"Of course." I said. He gave me his half smile, biting his lip, gently reaching out for me. He pinched my shirt, and gently pulled me towards him. I couldn't help but smile, now climbing in next to him, careful not to hurt him. He pulled me close.

"I feel better already.." He said quietly, wrapping his arm around me. I cuddled close, hiding my face in his neck, wrapping my arm across his chest. It wasn't long before we both drifted off to sleep.

The next morning, he was woken up for breakfast. He was careful not to wake me, but it was no use. I looked up at him, rubbing my eyes. He smiled back down at me as he ate his breakfast.
"I hope it wasn't too bad.." He said "I tried my best to make sure you were comfortable." I sighed, sitting up next to me.
"It was just fine." I said. He nodded, and continued eating.
"How are you feeling?" I asked. He nodded again.
"Better.." He said.

I looked him up and down, inspecting the bruises under his eyes and down his arms, along with his cuts and stitches and cast. He was a mess. I lied my head on his shoulder, gently running my fingers down his arm, he turned to me, gently kissing my forehead.
"Please don't feel bad.." He said. He knew me better than I thought.
"It's my fault." I said. He shook his head.
"It's not your fault. These things happen all the time. I'm just glad you didn't get hurt."
"Thanks to you" I said. He smiled, staring at me for a moment.
"I'd never let anything happen to you, not if I could help it." He said quietly. I bit my lip. How did I ever get so lucky? Lucky enough to find him. He leaned his forehead against mine.

"Besides.." He said "These bruises would look terrible on you." I giggled
"They look terrible on you too." I said. He smirked.
"I'll be okay, Taylor." He said, and gently kissed my lips. I felt my heart race, just as it always did.
"Are you hungry?" He asked. I bit my lip, looking down at his tray.
"No.." I sighed. He giggled.
"It's not that bad." I sighed, taking a bite. He was right. But I wasn't going to take away his food.

"You know, I'm gonna have to go in today, and tell them what happened." I said. His face dropped. He was quite. I stared into his eyes. His big, beautiful eyes. He stared back, as he gently took my hand in his, playing with my fingers before lacing them with his.
"What if.. I can never see you again?" He said softly. My heart dropped. I could never imagine never being able to see Kellin again. I've never met someone who's meant so much to me; someone who would protect me and love me like he did. I didn't want anybody else. I wanted him. No one could keep me away from him. I bit my lip. He looked down.

"We could run away, you know.." He said, mumbling to himself. My mind was racing. Run away? With him? Sure, being with him wouldn't be the problem, but run away? From my job? Have him run away from the hospital? He could sense the worry in my eyes. He sighed.
"We.. we'd run away together, we could find somewhere else to live, somewhere far away, you could find another job. After all, you are one of the best, right? And.. you could still help me. There would be no one telling us what we can and can't do.. I.. I could kiss you whenever I wanted.. we could start our life together." He bit his lip, staring back up at me. He was serious.

"You really think we could do it?" I asked. He hesitated, but nodded. I sighed. Running away with him. It was crazy, but maybe crazy enough to work.

"We.. we have a few days to think about it."