Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 45.

The plane ride was long. Kellin slept most of the flight. I was thankful for that. He hadn't gotten as much sleep as he should lately, I was happy to see him finally starting to sleep again.

I spent my time staring out the window, watching the clouds float by underneath us, constantly arguing with myself about whether or not this was actually a good idea.

I was leaving my life behind, everything I had ever known behind, to fly all the way to Nashville, Tennessee. To live with a family I had never met. What was I thinking?

But then I looked over. Kellin was breathing gently. His arms crossed, leaning his head on my shoulder. He was precious. He was mine. There was no possible way for me to explain how I felt when I was around him, but I loved every second of it. And in that instant, I was reminded of why I had agreed to go along with this. Because I loved him. And when you love someone.. this is what you do. He risked his life for me. I could do this for him. I could do this, because if I didn't, there was a chance that we might never get to be together, and that was as chance I wasn't willing to take.

He woke up right on time, just as the place began to descend. Even after a few hours, I wasn't sure if I was ready. What if they didn't like me?

As the plan landed, Kellin stretched, yawning loudly.
"Are you ready?" He said smiling. I could tell he was excited. I smiled back. I was excited for him, but nervous for myself. I nodded.

When I got outside, I was sit with a wave of heat. Kellin looked back at me, biting his lip smiling. I sighed, holding onto his hand. I looked around.
"So, where are they?" I asked. Kellin had said they were meeting us at the airport. He giggled, pointing over the crowds of people.
"Right over there" He said cheerfully. I looked. He was right. There were a lot of them. I felt my heart stop.