Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 7.

I smiled, feeling my cheeks get red again.
"I'll eat lunch with you." I said. He smiled back at me, biting down on his lip.
"Great" He said. His cheeks got just as red. "So, what about you? Tell me about you." He said, eating his food again.
"Well, what do you want to know?" I asked. He scrunched up his face, thinking.
"Well, why did you want to come here?" He asked.
"Well, it's right down the road from my parents house. I bought a house in the same development as them. And, this is what I've been going to school for.. so it just seemed right." He nodded.
"And.. you live with your husband?" He asked. My cheeks burned, and my stomach flipped.
"Um.. n-no." I said. I looked down. He sighed, his face dropping.
"Oh, I'm sorry.. I just assumed.." I shook my head.
"It's fine." He stared at me, putting down his food.
"What happened?" He asked. I looked up at him, his eyes sad, but still fixated on me. I remember before he could barely keep eye contact for a few seconds. I stared back.

"Well.." I began. I hadn't really talked about this with many people. "I.. I was with.. this guy for.. a few years. And.. I thought he was going to purpose. But.. turns out.. he was cheating on me with my so called best friend. They.. They're married now." He bit his lip, looking down.
"I'm sorry." He said. "I.. I didn't mean to bring it up." He peeked up at me.
"It's fine." I sighed. He leaned his face on his hand again.
"I don't get why anyone would cheat on you.." He said quietly. My cheeks burned again.
"R-really?" I asked. He shook his head.
"He must not of been very bright.." He sighed. He started chewing on his sleeve again. "But.. then.. maybe.. you weren't meant to be with him." He said. I stared up at him. He stared back.
"Maybe you're right." I sighed. He smiled.
"You'll find someone much better." He said, looking back down.

"What about you?" I asked. His eyed widened.
"What about me?" He said. I shrugged.
"Do you have a girlfriend?" He giggled.
"No one wants to be with me." He said. "I'm crazy, remember?" I sighed, smiling at him.
"You're not crazy." I said. He smiled at me.
"But that's what they say." He looked away, admiring the trees and falling leaves again.
"Who's.. who's they?" I asked. He sighed, leaning his head on the table.
"They. Them. Everyone." He said. "Everyone would pick on me in school. I was the freak. I've been in here since my senior year." My face dropped.
"You missed your senior year?" I asked. He looked up at me, nodding.
"But.. I don't mind. I wouldn't of done anything special anyway. I didn't have any friends, really.. and.. to enjoy yourself.. you.. you should have friends, right?" He said.

I thought back on my senior year. Most of my good times were with all of my friends. I sighed. I felt bad for him. That he missed out on that. He noticed me thinking.

"Exactly." He said, looking back out. I sighed.
"Well, I can be your friend." I said. His eyes lit up as he turned back to me. He giggled.
"You want to be my friend?" He asked. I bit my lip, nodding. He gave me a subtle smile.
"I'd like that."