Status: I will update periodically.

These Things I've Done

Chapter 9.

For the rest of the day, I secretly hoped I would run into Kellin again. No such luck. I gathered my things, wrapping myself in my coat and scarf, and headed for my car. I was met by David at the front door. He stood there smiling at me. I managed to smile back.
"Hey.." I said.
"Hey, you didn't forget our plans, did you?" he said. He began walking along side me as I walked through the parking lot.
"Of course not." I said. "How.. how about I meet you all there. I have to run home for a little. Where will you guys be?" I asked. The smile on his face dropped a little.
"It's.. it's just the bar down the road." He said. He stopped walking as I opened the door to my car.
"Great." I said. I tossed my bag onto the passenger seat. "I'll see you there, then." He nodded, as he walked off to his car.

Kellin's P.O.V.
I quickly walked off to my room, shutting the door behind me. My heart was racing. I leaned against the door, sliding onto the floor, and pressing my legs up against my chest, pulling them in tightly. What had just happened? No one had ever bothered talking to me before, then someone like her, someone as.. beautiful as her wanted to have lunch with me? Someone like me? A psychopath? My mind was racing.

I got up and plopped myself onto my bed, hiding my face in my pillow. I replayed today through my mind; her coming back to talk to me, her inviting me to lunch, asking to be my friend. I remembered her every smile, the sound of her laugh, the glimmer in her eyes. Everything. The thought of her made me nervous. Even more nervous than I usually got, just leaving my bedroom.

I thought of the story she told me, about how her boyfriend cheated on her, leaving her to run off with her best friend. I felt the anger grow inside of me. She was perfect. How could someone ever be so lucky as to have someone like her, and just throw it away like that. I sat up in bed, now running my fingers through my hair. I snapped; swinging my arm around, pushing everything on my end table onto the floor. They landed with loud thuds, as they scattered throughout my room. I sighed, now getting up, pacing across my room.

She was here to help me. That was it. Nothing more.

I began to pace faster, tangling my fingers in my hair, tugging hard.

She probably felt sorry for me. That's why she was talking to me. That's why she was so nice to me. She sympathized. That was all.

I threw myself back onto my bed, rolling up my sleeves. I inspected the numerous scars going down my arms, varying in sizes. Someone like her was too perfect for someone like me. I was damaged. I was broken. Where, she was an angel. She was so perfect and pure. To her, I was nothing but a lost cause. She could try her best, but I was beyond fixable. I was beyond help. I wasn't good enough; to be helped, to be cured, or for her.