Status: Running for as long as I got it in my head.

Lost With Lust

Book 1: Chapter 2

He paced back and forth across the lobby. His shirt was drenched and his hair stuck to the sides of his face. Liana had been taken into the back over two hours ago--he was freaking out now. Everything happened so quickly, he was still quite dazed. One moment he's partying, half drunk with a couple of hoes by his side. The next, he's hovering over his bleeding girlfriend crying his eyes out.
A woman from the back room emerged--he recognized her as the one who'd helped escort Liana to the emergency care facilities. She hastily approached him, stepping lightly with her dainty legs, and motioned for the man following her to leave them alone for a moment.
She was clad in a blue elbow-length shirt and a light blue pair of pants. Her hair was tied back in a bot with a cheap ribbon.
"Where? How is she? What's wrong with her? Will she live?" He'd so many concerns for her that he nearly tripped over his tongue trying to get all of the questions out at once. She looked at him sympathetically.

"She's still in emergency care--she's resting. The Doctor's done all he can, we can only hope for the best. She appears fine, but we can't be sure. As for what's wrong with her and will she live? The Doctor feels it would be better to wait and see, rather than make assumptions. We know how hard this must be for you, but it isn't easy for us either. I hope you understand."

He nods his head, looking around the room at the other patients' family members. He was far from alone here--and he had the support of the staff and his friends. But even though he thought these things, his heart yearned for the knowledge that she was alright. He wanted to know--he had to know. But, not tonight. He allowed himself to relax and looked into her face as he let out a generous yawn.

"Do you guys have anywhere I can sleep for the night? I can't leave her all alone." He asked quietly. She smiled again in response, then composed herself and turned sharply around. "If you want, there's an empty bed in the back. But you'll need to hurry, else someone will take it before you get the chance." They exchanged a knowing smile. He never met this woman, but he'd taken a liking to her.

Too bad he was already in a relationship.

The room she lead him to was a strange one: the walls were white wash with ribbons of a light blue glossy paint all over in specific patterns. Aside from the beds laid around (nailed to the cement floor, actually) it was fairly barren. Bar the people lying in the beds, naturally. He headed near the back to the only empty bed he saw and allowed himself to lay comfortably. His joints were aching pretty badly from all of the tension he'd afforded earlier.

She'll be fine, I know she will. He thought.

As he stared at the ceiling, thoughts of their first kiss swam through his mind and gave him at least a little peace. He remembered sitting on the park bench while he watched her shout and bicker with another man she came to the park with. They'd been arguing for a bit now, and she was crying fiercely as she shook her fist in his face. He did the same in kind, except he nearly hit her. Eventually, he stormed off and left her alone, practically drowning in tears, and exited the park. As far as Nigel knew, or cared, he dropped off the face of the earth.

He approached her after she seated herself on a bench and sat next to her. She was still sobbing, but she looked up at him. "What?" She said, obviously aggravated and in no mood to talk to anyone.
"Don't let 'im get you down." Nigel said, looking up at the sky as if he cared but not really. He did care, though. "And what would you know?" He shrugged.

"You're really pretty. Did you know that?" He said, as if he wasn't listening. But he was. She blushed, but maintained her anger. "Would you go away? I really don't ca--" Conversation obviously wasn't getting him anywhere, he realized. So he just leaned forward and kissed her. She didn't try to push him off, but when he stopped and moved away she slapped him.
"Don't ever do that again! I don't even know you!" He smiled. "Name's Nigel Addercross, what's yours?" She glared at him for a while, but her expression softened and she replied: "Liana. Liana Frost."
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a little fun with this one. Enjoy!