Status: current

Stay With Me

"They think I have it all, I'm nothing without you..."

I watched them all answering all the questions the magazine had drafted for this, and I could not help but be in awe because I was surrounded by boundless talent in the form of 5 men from 4 different bands, watching the staff photographer capturing the moments of their conversation.
Gerard every now and then turned around and made sure I was okay, but what mischief could I possibly get myself into sitting by the refreshments and drafting out the plan of attack on this mini sabbatical he wanted with me.
I will just let him take the lead and take me to where he wants to take me.
I was too engrossed in my notes to notice a body standing in front of me.
“So how come I haven’t had the opportunity to meet you sooner?”
“Because I didn’t tour with them that tour that’s why Mr. Lazzara.”
“Adam.”
Adam was scruffy with untamed hair but with a nice smile. That’s all that I can really say when I look at him.
“Well you have met me now and do I live up to all the stories?”
“I don’t know yet.”
There was something about him I liked; I just didn’t know what it was yet.
“So are you coming to the other conference we have to do?”
“The one at the rainbow room?”
“Yes ma’am.”
“Yes I am why?”
“Because I want to see you again.”
Oh he’s good.
“And why would you want to see me again?”
“I want to get to know the girl that means the world to one of my best friends.”
“You’re smooth Lazzara.”
“not really.”
He burst out laughing and I couldn’t help but join him.
I felt an arm snake around my waist which caused me to jump from surprise.

“Hey it’s only me, what are you two laughing about?”
“Nothing Gee. Everything good?”
“Yep everything is good.”

Adam finally spoke up

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to come in between you two.”
“What do you mean Lazzara?”
“You and Gee….together.”
“Ad-“
“Oh Gerard isn’t my boyfriend. We are just friends. Why does everyone think otherwise?”
“I don’t know maybe the way you two are close.”
“I’m not his girlfriend. I think I need to get a t-shirt that says that.”

Gee seemed to grip my waist.

“And why wouldn’t you want to be my girlfriend?”

Oh please don’t go there Way.

“I don’t think I’m your type Way.”
“S-“
“So Ms. Sawyer since I will be seeing you later today would you mind if I bought you a drink?”

Thank you Adam Lazzara!

“Sure why not?”

The magazine had set up a backdrop and asked all the guys to gather for individual shots and then group shots.

“This shouldn’t take long Coraline we’ll go get Lunch after this okay?”
“Uh sure can I pick where?”
“Anything you want.”

He kissed my temple and went off to have his portrait taken.
“You sure you two aren’t going out?”
“Adam trust me, there is no way Gerard Way would ever date me.”
“What makes you say that?”
“He already has his eyes set on someone 2o millions times cooler than me.”
“I highly doubt that…see you later Sawyer.”

With that the famous Adam Lazzara winked at me and turned to join the rest of the guys in front of the camera.
Interesting.

**
“So what were you and Adam talk about earlier?”
“Just the whole ‘why haven’t I met you sooner’ thing. Why?”
“He just seemed to really like you.”
“He is nice, I like him.”

He was midway through his dessert when he stopped and looked shocked.
“You like him?”
“Yeah…never really met someone as semi straight forward as him it’s kind of refreshing.”
“Oh come on he was totally flirty.”
“That was damn obvious ha ha, but no he was just straight up who he was no bullshit or tricks or lines, its really refreshing after all the toads I’ve come by these past few years.”
“I doubt that was that last guy you dated?”
“Stephen?”
“Yeah him! I thought it was going to work out between you two! What happened?”
“Life…. He was looking for something I don’t want.”
“And what is that?”
“Marriage.”
“Oh come on.”
“I am not the marrying kind Gee. I don’t think I ever will be.”
“You can’t possibly be serious?”
“I don’t know maybe if I meet him, that one guy. That one guy who makes me absolutely crazy, who actually sees me, who wants to be my companion in everything and if everything feels right then yeah maybe I will think about it. THINK is the main word there. I just- I just haven’t met him yet.”
“Wow.”
“What?”
He looked up and smiled at me.
“I just never would have guess it.”
“Guessed what?”
“That you wouldn’t want to get married. I always thought you would looked radiant in wedding dress barefoot with flowers.”

What in the world?

“You have pictured me getting married?”
“Yeah”
His cheek went a little pin
“Well then help a girl out can you tell me what the groom looks like? So I can find him and warn him to run because I’m a fucking mess.”
“Mess? Why would you say you are?”
“You aren’t around enough to know.”

He reached for my hand

“You are the one that seems to be running away from m-us.”
“I am just wanting to keep my feet on the ground, that’s all.”

I pulled away from his grasp
“We should get going the rainbow room thing is in 30 minutes and who knows how crazy traffic can get here.”
“Yeah sure.”

Our conversations seem to steer towards me which I don’t like.
But then again its better than putting on my mask when he talks about her.
I have to make it through this alive…somehow
♠ ♠ ♠
read, comment, recommend and enjoy.

xoxo
B

ps.
sorry for gaps inbetween life sometimes does happen, but I don't ever forget those who comment I keep writing this for those who enjoy reading it.
so thank you