Status: I hope you guys enjoy and love Sicily as much as I do.

Short and Lost

Chapter 1 ~ Surprise

COPYRIGHT: All my works are copyrighted under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988. This includes all poems, chapters, etc. Any unauthorized copying, broadcasting, manipulation, distribution or selling of this work constitutes as an infringement of copyright. Any infringement of this copyright is punishable by law. © Sicily123

Sicily Andrews

Age - 12 years old

Appearence - brown hair, brown eyes, short for her age and has a small beauty spot underneath her right eye with small freckles.

Likes - Food, having a laugh, pretending to marry Elmo, singing 'badly', Cola, Ed sheeran, One direction, dancing, yarn

Hates - Haters (IRONYYY!!) liars, peopel getting hurt, swans...

This is Sicily's story, of how she found out a truth that was kept from her for part of her life and when one, blonde-haired, blue-eyed Leprachaun shows up on her doorstep to deliever the truth, will she she listen?

Things change, Cupcake.

--

Chapter 1

Friday 24th of August 2012. That date might not be very important for many, but it was for me. It was the day I found the truth. A truth I had no idea of. It started horribly.

"SAMMY! YOU MUTT!" I yelled at the cowering dog as she was bent over a poster of Ed sheeran. It was 1 in the afternoon, because I slept late at night, so I didn't wake anyone with my loud shouting. My mum was downstairs, and I swear I could hear her sighing and muttering. I was to busy glaring at the small dog at my feet to care though.

"Sicily, don't take it out on her! She didn't mean it!" I heard the distant scold of my mother. I groaned and walked past the dog, the yapping get to annyoing to my ears. I hopped down the stairs and landed in a ninja stance, right in front of my mother. Her dirty blonde hair was in small ringlets like normal around her heart shaped face. Her gray eyes were sparkling in amusement as I proceeded to slink past her to get a sandwich.

"Where do you think your going? food again?"

"No duh, mommy. Love you." I kissed her cheek, before skipping off to the kitchen as I heard her laugh. I slunk past the sleeping dog, kissing her head. Everyone deserves a second chance. But if dogs had money, she'd be paying. Dogs should have a currency.

Soon, I'd grabbed the bread, wondering what type of of andwich to make when my mum's dainty hand reached over me towards the window sill to switch on a radio. I smiled at her as she kissed my cheek and The end of Ed Sheeran of 'Cause you need me, and I don't need you' was playing and I sighed. I loved Ed sheeran out of all my artists.

Then, my mum grabbed my hand and started twisting me around the whole kitchen to small bump. I was giggling loudly, stirring the dog awake. Sammy barked and yapped around us, jumping up to join in. My mum kissed my forehead when the song ended, before throwing me a smile and falling onto the couch in the livingroom. I picked out the cheese and reached down for the toaster in the cupboard. I pulled it out and plugged it in, turning it on at the same time. Then, a song came on.

"Your Insecure, don't know what for. Your turning heads when you walk through the do-o-or. Don't need make-up, to cover up. Being the way that you are is en-ou-ough." the deep voice floated through the speakers, into my ears and made me squeal. I'm not allowed to listen to One Direction really, I have no idea why. Mum says they're a bad influence. I have no idea why. But soon I was dancing around the kitchen, the toasted bread in my hand as I placed the cheese on it. I squirted some ketchup on and stuck it in the microwave, just as my mum walked in on the curly-haired boy's solo. I gasped as she walked in, her walk angry as she slammed the button on the radio.

"Sicily! What have I told you about listening to them!?" I winced as her voice struck home, cutting me deeply. She stood over me like a skyscraper, hands on hips. I was small for my age, which made it worse.

"Why mum? Why are they bad!?" I yelled back, stepping forward. She straightened up and glared down at me, as if I'd just called and asked them to play them over and over again.

"Because I don't want you to listen to them!? I am your mother and I-" She was interrupted by a knock at the door. She sighed and walked away, whilst I pulled the sandwich out the microwave. It was probably Jennifer asking for help with her kids bike again. I sat at the table in the corner of the room and heard small snipets of the conversation. It wasn't Jenny.

"Miss Andrews, I'm here on behalf of the-"

"Sir, please leave." my mother's voice was desperate. I could see her dainty hand gripping the doorframe tightly, her knuckles white. A man with a slightly shaven head was at the door, an eyebrow raised. I got on my knees and looked around the open doorway, being the awesome spy i was, no-one saw me.

"Ma'am, please listen. We've been located towards this place and-" Soon, two boys with dark brown hair showed up behind the man with a shorter blonde boy holding a duffel bag. My mum gasped and went to close the door, but a foot was jammed in, just like the cliche movies. The door opened again, the blonde boy gripping the doorframe. The four words echoed in my mind as I watched his determined face.

"Let. Me. See. Her." he said it in short words, his face determined. I got up and grabbed my plate standing fully in the hallway.

"Mum?"

Everyone turned towards me as I stood in irish-green shorts, and a stripy yellow-and-white top. My mum turned, tears brimming in her bright eyes. My plate clattered to the floor as I touched her arms, the tears flowing down her soft cheeks. She touched my cheek as she leant against the door, the three boys stood. The two brunettes looked towards the blonde, as he stared down at me.

"Mum, whats wrong? what happened? We can't get the food in?" I asked, a small joke between me and her. She started sobbing quietly as she patted my hair. I felt tears prick my eyes as I turned towards the boys. "What happened?" I asked, through gritted teeth.

The two boys seemed taken aback, but the blonde dropped the duffel bag. I stared at him, my brown eyes connected with his blue ones.

"Sicily?" he asked, an irish accent floating through. Two more boys, one with dark hair and the other with caramel hair walked up, staring open mouthed at me. What was I, an exhibit?

"yes, who are you?" I asked, my grip tightening as my mum kissed my hair silently. He sucked in breath sharply and the other boys stared at me in surprise.

"You don't know who he is?" asked the caramel-haired one. I'd heard his voice...he was the boy that started the song this morning. So...these boys were famous. I shook my head and the boy reacted instantly.

"I-I'm...Niall." whispered the blonde boy, as he sunk to his knees to reach my height, staring at me. His eyes travelled to my brunette hair and to my bare feet before meeting my eyes again. I noticed, that in his bright blue orbs, were small crystals of tears. One fell and out of instinct, I wiped it away. He tapped my hand, keeping it pressed to his cheek.

"And I'm your brother."
♠ ♠ ♠
--

Author's note: hi guys! wow, I thought this up while I was in the park. Yes, the park. Don't ask. But, I hope you guys like it and this is for all the girls who like one direction but are to young to go to a concert and stuff, lolz. Hope you like it! Vote, comment!

This was a wattpad fanfiction, but im uploading it on here, so i can get more people to read it on there. So, if you want sneak peeks at more chapters, there's my wattpad account LilstarryGal. Fan if you wish! x

--