Don't Forget

I guess I never really comprehended the fact that every human could feel pain. Starting life as a drug induced, angry teenager could have that effect. Sadly enough, these days I can’t even recall why I had so much angst and hate. I hadn’t understood the horrors of the real world, or the feeling of an emotional flat line. And now; I was desperate for those days back. I wanted nothing more than to fall asleep at the bus stop in the middle of winter because I’d been unable to sleep due to hallucinogens the night before. I wanted to be the girl who broke hearts, simply because I knew no one would dare break mine. But then, there came a day where my heart was stolen, because I’d let down my guard just once for a boy just like me. I wasn’t wrong, at least. He was as fearless about love as I was. I guess when you pit two starving dogs against each other, one has to prevail. For the first time ever, I’d been defeated, left with a void in my chest that I was unable to heal. No longer could I walk with my head held high. I never did get my heart back, but I decided if my chest would be empty, why not the rest of me?

Day four without food.

*If you know the appearance of Oliver Sykes, you will understand this story sooner than others. If you don't know what he looks like or don't want to go check, this is still a story for you. Just think Shutter Island style :) Enjoy!*