Don't Forget

Seven

Music boomed as I curled up underneath the comforter with wide eyes. I held the just opened bottle of Smirnoff in my small fingers and gripped it tightly to my chest. I heard laughter outside of the bedroom and tried to pay attention to the movie that I’d managed to find and put in. So far it was to no avail.

Scott had returned with three of his friends, all which I exited the room too quickly to meet. They had tattoos just like him, but they had large ears. They dressed the same as Scott as well. The only difference was that none of them had sunglasses, and none of them wore a hat.

I hated people with a passion; at least when it came to confrontation. I could lounge about downtown and interact normally as long as words weren’t exchanged. I didn’t even get butterflies staring at people long enough to draw them; but the moment a greeting is said, I tend to flee. And tonight was no different.

“Come on, Chris,” Scott groaned outside the locked door. I unscrewed the cap and leaned at enough of an angle that the alcohol wouldn’t spill as I sipped on it. I didn’t like Smirnoff, but it was better than nothing. In fact it’s all that I could find in this damn room. “They’re good guys! We ‘ave good liquor, not tha’ shit I know yeh rummaged for.”

“Go away!” I yelled.

“’s my room!” he chuckled back. I heard other voices surround his and shut my eyes. “I can pick the lock; I’m jus’ waitin’ on yeh. If yeh don’ plan on movin’ yer arse, I’m comin’ in!” His threat was fulfilled as the door burst open and the volume of music amplified immediately. I tossed the blanket off me and did my best at a glare as an already tipsy Scott stumbled into the room. He made sure to shut and lock the door behind him.

“Get it!” I heard someone yell even though he was muffled through the voice.

“Wha’ do yeh want?” I scowled as I crossed my arms. He swayed a moment before holding out a bottle of my favourite whiskey. My features softened at his boy-like smile.

“Come ‘ave a good time; they’re jus’ fuckin’ with yeh,” he started. His words didn’t slur much, so I knew he was rather coherent. “They promised not to touch yeh, even by bumpin’ yeh on accident. They said they’ll sit across the damn room fer god sakes! Jus’ for yeh!”

“I ‘ate people, Scott,” I whined. “Especially drunk ones!”

“No way,” he replied sarcastically. “Listen, I threw this party for yeh. Yeh ate!” I chuckled at his enthusiasm. “We ‘ave weed, tons of booze, and funny movies.” I pondered for a second as I gnawed on my lip. He grinned cheek to cheek. “Jim Carrey.”

~~~~

He finally coerced me to get off my arse and into the living room. His mates immediately silenced as I entered the room half hidden behind Scott. They sat opposite of the couch on the floor, each holding a joint and a beer. I was being watched like a deer in headlights.

“Guys, this is Chris,” he spoke for me as I peeked out just a little more to get a better view. “An’ Chris; these are some lads from back ‘ome.”

The one with a shaved head and a crooked smile spoke first. “’ey, lady, my name’s Brock.” He waved at me in a friendly manner before taking a hit from his joint. “Knob ‘ead over there with the long ‘air is Tory, and the ginger is Cody.” The red head he’d introduced as Cody spoke up.

“Oi, c’mon, I ‘ave other identifying features!”

Tory chuckled as he blew smoke out of his mouth. “A soul not bein’ one of em, yeah?”

I couldn’t help but to laugh along with the group at his joke. Scott grabbed my hand in his own and led me to the couch before I could even react.

“Aw, yeh got ‘er blushin’ mate!” Brock noticed. I chewed on the tip of my finger nail as Scott let my hand go. My face was hotter than hell now. I instinctively curled up into my usual state with my knees pushed against my chin and said nothing.

“Oi, she’s shy, level down,” Scott scolded seriously. I felt warmth radiate through my chest cavity and I looked up at his figure that still towered me in comparison while sitting. I watched him blink and noted his long eyelashes. He poured five shot glasses to the brim with my drink of choice and dispersed them among the small crowd. I unraveled from the ball I was in and leaned forward to clutch it. “Alrigh’!” Scott said loudly as he stood, holding his drink in the air. “I ‘ave a toast to make!” The room dampened down as all eyes were on him.

“Go for it, sunglasses!” Brock yelled drunkenly.

Scott turned toward me before he continued. “To my new friend who I already ‘old dear in my ‘eart.” Again, I blushed, but didn’t dare break assumed eye contact. “To many more parties and wha’ not!"

“Aye!” everyone but me shouted in unison. I uncomfortably took my shot, feeling the buzz engulf me and set it down quietly. He really made a toast to me?

~~~~

After several drinks later, several being more than a dozen, I’d loosened up. Well that was to say the least. A bong was on its second turn getting passed around, and it was apparent we were all healthily twisted.

“Aye, this lass can ‘old ‘er own,” Brock noted before he took a hit. “Can prolly out drink yeh, mate.”

“This ain’t my first rodeo!” I giggled, slurring wildly as I leaned my heavy head against Scotts shoulder. We had slowly made our way closer, more his doing than mine. I was uncomfortable enough getting hugged so any other sort of touching was out of the question. But for now I forgot that he held my hand and I chose not to acknowledge that I was using him as a stand so I wouldn’t fall over. Alcohols a hell of a substance.

“Cheers!” Tory exclaimed, alerting us that it was time to take the shot he’d poured over twenty minutes ago. I drank quickly, wanting to fall further into the abyss than I already was.

“Le’s play a game!” Scott proposed while wiggling. I raised an eyebrow and backed off him before I got sea sick.

Cody smiled evilly. “Yeh got tape?” Scott nodded and bounced up, racing to the kitchen cupboards. “Yeh keep yer duct tape in a cupboard? Righ’ kooky, yeh are.”

“Sod off,” Scott teased as he also assembled ten plastic cups. He stumbled back to the circle we had made and collapsed to his bottom. “Everyone take two.”

Everyone grabbed before I did, clearly knowing what game we were playing. Tory even snatched the duct tape and started attaching a cup to Brock’s open hand.

“It’s called Edward forty ‘ands,” Scott said quietly to me. “Yeh tape a cup to each ‘and an’ fill it ‘alfway with liquor. Yeh ‘ave to go the whole night like tha’, even if yeh ‘ave to pee or smoke or somefin. Yeh can chug the liquor or wet yerself, get it?”

“It’s simple, really,” Brock chimed in, flapping his two hands in the air to see if the cups were definitely taped on.

“Is it okay if I touch yeh?” Scott asked, throwing me off guard. He held up the roll of tape and shrugged. “Thought I’d ask. It’s impossible to do yerself.”

“Uh yeah, sure,” I breathed, grateful that he’d at least asked permission. Once we were all taped up, we took turns pouring the alcohol using just our forearms and elbows.

“We shoulda filled em up prior to the bandaging,” Cody said inquisitively. I rolled in laughter, careful not to spill my drinks. I took a quick sip from each cup.

“So now we play this game my way,” Brock cackled dramatically. “Truth…or dare. Actually I shall officially rename it dare or dare.”

“No,” I shook my head stubbornly. “I don’ want yeh bein’ pervs and tellin’ me to strip or make out with a pillow or somethin’!”

“Okay so a primary school version,” he agreed. “Still gonna be ‘ard as fuck. I’ll go first. Scott; try ta call Matt and wish ‘im a ‘appy birthday.”

Scott raised an eyebrow and stared down at his phone. “It ain’t ‘is birthday, mate.”

“Go!” Brock said proudly.

We all hollered and laughed as Scott desperately tried to use the tip of his nose to find his friend Matt through his contacts. He only spilled once, which in turn made him have to drink. “Oi why didn’t yeh prats choose Aaron or something! Not a fuckin’ ‘m’!” He finally stopped and pressed the talk button. He quickly put it on speaker as well.

“’ello?” a voice spoke through the device, clearly being woken from his sleep.

“Oi, ‘appy birthday, yeh fuck!” Scott shouted before immediately ending the call. Cody groaned beside him.

“Yeh didn’t even give us a chance to ‘ear ‘is reaction!”

“Too damn bad,” he smirked. “My turn.” He glanced around the room, eyeing everyone individually before inevitably stopping at me, adorning a shit eating grin. I narrowed my eyes. “Chrissy. Go make my bed.”

A round of ooh’s and uh oh’s arose as I let my jaw drop. “Tha’s literally impossible!”

“Find a way!” Scott laughed. “Yeh gotta. I’ll watch to make sure yeh don’ cheat.”

“For fucks sake!” I mumbled, carefully uncrossing my legs and using my muscle to rise to my feet. Scott did the same and followed me into his room. I stopped by the edge of his bed and took a long gulp from my right hand. “I’m righ’ ‘anded. Just finished this cup.”

“Yeh cheater!” he said accusingly.

“Wasn’t made clear in the rules,” I giggled, using my right hand and my left elbow to start pulling up the comforter on one side. Scott playfully glared at me until I finished.

“She cheated,” he announced as we entered the party again.

“False!” I corrected. “I jus’ wasn’t a pussy and drank all mine.”

“’ow do yeh feel after tha’?” Tory said as he squinted his eyes.

“Shit faced, and yerself?” I slurred, finally feeling a black curtain fall over my eyes. This was the moment I’d been pushing for since the day began.

“Yeh gonna be good to go?” Scott asked in concern, bumping elbows with me. I pulled away and smiled, nodding my head. I pointed over to Brock and let my hand fall lazily.

“Go make Cody a san’wich.”
♠ ♠ ♠
:3 Love you guys! Tell me what you think? Thanks!