Status: Please leave feedback.

Halloween Mystery

Anticipations

The clock struck twelve, the gentle echo of the clock penetrating the silence that had consumed the house and woke me from my sleep. Halloween, my favorite holiday, was coming up in only a few weeks and I anticapated it anxiousley. Thomas, my boyfriend of two years was coming back from college which made my nerves jump with anxiety, I hadn't seen him in well over three months due to the fact he attended college. We had been Skyping every day, texting, calling, e-mailing, pretty much anything you could think of to stay close to each other. I suppose I shouldn't have been as nervous as I was, but I couldn't help it, what if he actually had changed? I understand I could see him when we speaked to one another Skype, but I hadn't seen him in person; he had just told me two days ago he was coming and flying from his college in Washington back home to Texas.

I had never been one to be called 'normal', I was often just called strange and it made me wonder what Thomas could possbly see in me. There were so many odd things about me that differed from every other teenage girl in the world; I read, drew, wrote, did sports and I hated parties, shopping, acting girly and any other thing you could think a normal teen girl would completely obsess over. Thomas was the one of the few people I had, in fact the only one, who understood me. My parents and I never got along, mainly because I was strange and different. I wasn't the perfect scholar any couple would want, I usually recieved A's, but never the high and out-standing ones so many of my classmates obtained weekly. Nor was I the girly girl, as I stated before, my mother seemed to so desperately want; I was the only offspring and that befuddled me, for me to be so odd you would probably think my parents would do anything they could to get a normal child. However, they never talked about it or atleast not near me.

Yet another oddity about me was that I loved mystery and was often keen on curious thoughts, my mind had always been full of millions of questions, theorys, assumptions, and even the occansional ridiculous yet somehow possible idea. My life revolved music, one of the few things I actually enjoyed that other human-beings did, I had always loved it no matter the genre; from Taylor swift, Maroon 5, Paramore, and even Lady Gaga I was completely obsessed with music. My child life was spent in endless hours of my fingers dancing across the keys of the large grand piano that held prescence in the living room of my home, the gliding of my bow across my violin and my fingers becoming raw as I played my guitars, of which i had now accumulated nine.

I slowly made my way out of bed, the alarm clock on my bed-side table reading 12:05 as I slipped out of my pajamas and into jeans, a sweater, and boots. The only other thing I could think of I had in relation of others was the fact I had a curfew, which was 3:00 AM, and had to be home by then; I made my way down the hallway. My boots rhythmically falling on the oak flooring beneath me as I walked, with a pencil and paper I quickly wrote down a note explaining where I was going for my parents in case one of them woke up before I returned and then I placed it on the fride door. As I opened the door the hinges creaked ever so slightly, the volume of a buzzing bee, I exited the house and listened as my feet walked over the gravel path that lead to my car.

After alipping into the driver's side of the vehicle and buckling, I turned cranked up the car and turned on the heater which instantly took the bitter and chilling October chill out of my bones and replaced it with the gentle warmness which had now began to spread around the car. Reversing the car I carefully pulled out of the drive way and began my ride down the asphalt road, at that moment I could hear the loud buzzing of my phone emerging from the cup holder that it took residence in; picking up the phone I answered and placed it against my ear with one hand remaining on the steering wheel. "Hello?" I asked in a cheerful tone, knowing by the caller ID it was Thomas.

"Did I wake you, Jade?" I could hear the worry in his voice, he sounded as if he would be guilt struck if he had.

"Oh no, I was already awake," I said to reassure him, "But, why'd you call me so late?"

"Well, I really want to see you and we get out for our break tommorow afternoon so I'm flying over tomorrow, if that's okay?"

"Really?!," I could hear the joyfulness in my voice,"I don't mind at all, I can't wait to see you!"

"Great! I love and miss you so much, I can't wait to see you." he said, his grin coming through his voice and causing my own to grow.

"I can't wait to see you either, love you so much!" I practically squealed in excitement.

"Love you too, try to get some rest so we can do something together okay?" he asked me and I said I would, we both ended the conversation and I returned home not realizing it was already 1:30 now. After kicking of my boots I simply crawled into bed, closed my eyes and tried to go to sleep although I knew I couldn't. The simple news he was coming had already made me anxious enough and now that he was coming tomorrow it only grew, thoughts of what tomorrow would bring flashed in my mind until I finally went to sleep around 4:00 AM.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please remember I am only a thirtten year old girl with an overly creative mind, or atleast everyone says so, and there may be some grammatical or spelling errors but please be honest and tell me what you think! :)