Status: Please leave feedback.

Halloween Mystery

Alluring Refuge

My heart continued to race, I closed my eyes to try to push away what I had seen only a few moments ago. We continued to speed away, following my parents, for hours and eventually pulled into a hotel we would stay out until we found what was going on in our own home. The fear filled shrieks continued to re-play through my mind, the image of knives and blood playing on along with it. My face was pale and my body weak due to shock, Thomas helped me inside the hotel and wrapped his jacket around my shaking body. dad and Mom stayed outside for a bit and then came in, Dad's cut covered over in freshly wrapped gauze, we we're told that the hotel only had two suites available, both with only one bedroom, he went ahead and paid for a four night stay at the hotel, one of the suites for my parents and the other for me and Thomas. We took the keys to our suites and then grabbd our bags from outside, my body still shaking and more violently now as the bitter, cold wind bit at my bare skin.

With our luggage we began to make our way into the hotel, all four of us decidede to sit in the living room of my parents' suite.

"Daddy, what was that?" I asked, my voice weak and afraid as Thomas cradled me in his arms.

"I don't know, but we won't be able to go home or atleast not to the house again until we know what's going on, okay?" I nodded slightly in responce and then quickly put in the ear buds of the iPod I had shoved into my jacket pocket. Music was more than just an activity to me it always helped sooth my nerves, I listened to numerous different songs until my mind began to relax and the sounds of the screaming drowned away. I whispered to Thomas I was tgired and he could tell I was still rather upset and confused, he picked me up and just carried me into our suite's bedroom, tucking me in and then settling beside me with his arms wrapped around my body. Both of our eyes closed and we were soon asleep, when I woke up it was mid-day and the Thomas was awake beside me, watching the small television set that was placed on the dresser.

"Feeling okay?" he was obviously trying to make sure I wasn't to frightened by last night's events and I told him I was just a little shooken up now. He, on the other hand, was quite normal although you could tell he was also shocked by the events. After taking a shower, something Thomas had done while I was asleep, we both walked back to my parents to see if they had any better understanding of the occurences of the night before. When we walked inside father was talking on the phone, brow furrowed and tension throughout the room. My mother sat on the couch, tense and stiff as she strained to hear the words emerging from the other phone from the other speaker. Father hung up and sighed, informing us that one of the police had drove by our house, saw the blood and was investigating us for the murder of a youngster they found dead on the morning of October 3rd, the same date that held its place on my phone screen.

In a hour the knocking of a detective came from our door and my Dad opened it. Mr. reynolds, the investigator obviouslysaw our fright and knew we had not commited any type of murder but he questioned my father in the dining room, Dad making it more believable some ways by stating that we had walked down into a murder scene, not into the clatter of knives being thrown by invisible formations. rynolds left withing the next two hours and we all stayed silent for most of the day, Thomas comforting me when needed and discussing anything with me I needed to.

By 2:00 PM Thomas and I had went on a walk, clutching each other's hands in one anothers as we walked down the road. I felt an uneassiness in my surrondings, my muscles tightening once I heard something move around in the forest; he didn't seem to notice but once it occured again, this time louder, we both stopped in our tracks. The loud rustling sound, being like the scuffling of feet continued and we soon could see the furry bodies of numerous animals running over the leaf covered forest ground; brown fur was blurred in their swiftness and I noticed the bump in their snouts that ditinguishedthem as coyotes. Thomas and I had already began to rush back to the hotel as the now snarling creatures began their descent out of the forest and sprinted after us.

One of them, with a large scar underneath his eye from a previous gash, clampsed down on my leg and I lost my balance, tripping and falling onto the ground in a quick motion. Thomas found a stick and quickly threw it at the creature who had pulled me down, the coyote became confused enough so I could stand and begin the escape again. More soon came and sunk their razor sharp teeth deep into the tissues of my leg, I wailed out in pain and Thomas then continued to throw any object he could find, trying to make them pull out their teeth before they ripped my leg into shreds; I could feel the fresh blood gush out of my leg and saw it dripping to the asphalt. Another police, one sent for more interveiwing on the murder, turned around the corner and saw the attack. It wasn't long before he had stopped his car and shot the coyotes down with his rifle.

Blood continud to gush out of my calve and I sheilded my eyes from the sight, trying not to become dizzy or nauseated at the flow of the vivid red color. Both Thomas and the police officer helped me into the hotel, my parents were confused but quickly fulfilled with the information conserning the incident; wet salty tears of pain strolled down my cheeks and my chin quivered with effort to keep them from flowing. I felt childish due to my numerous acts of crying although they were rather necessary. My leg throbbed and was wrapped with gauze, the officer refusing to let us drive to the hospital called the ambulance to the hotel with the needed supplies. I wasn't sure why he didn't want us going and he told me he'd prefer us sty there since he had to ask the required questions.

He started woth my dad, as the detective had and then left after a few questions, thinking it useless. Once the paramedics arrived I had to take numerous shots for rabies in my abdomen, recived stitches in the leg they wounded and they poured disinfection fluids into the wounds, causing them to foam as the liquid rid the gashes of the coyote's bacteria. They then instructed me to stay in bed most of the time, use crutches for now and also apply ice to help with sweeling and pain, I was prescibed to Tyenol three and took it every three hours on the spot.

Once night came I had became weary, confused, distressed and frightened by the numerous outcomes that had occured in just the past few days and I was soon asleep in Thomas' arms like the night before.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that this one isn't that geat. =/ I couldn't think of much at the moment...