Status: Please leave feedback.

Halloween Mystery

Always There

A storm had brewed up in the sky, loud rolls of thunder erupting from the clods and occasional streaks of lightning showing through the windows. The wind was wailing and cause Thomas and I to wake up from the commotion. I was already going to wake up soon anyway due to my throbbing leg, which was still swollen; we wpke up at almost the same exact time due to a long series of loud thunder. THe first thing I did was grab my medicine from the bed-side table, swallow down my pills and then pull the comforter over my head so the rumbling wouldn't be quite as noticeable. Thomas covered his head also and we looked at each other through the darkness underneath the blanket; the thunder was less noticeable and I could occasionally see the beightness of ligtnoing come from the window and shine on Thomas' face, as it did to mine.

During the last few days, when the odd events had been occuring, Thomas never left my side and that was something I apprreciated a lot. He had been the one to comfort me through them, along with previous events I had endured in my life, but yet he was always there and right by my side, even when he was in college he talked to me so much it seemed as if he never left and he never had. As we looked at each other, our hands together I began to wonder why I was ever so worried he had changed when it was now obvious he hadn't and if anything we had grown even closer during the months he was gone than we ever had during the year and a half we had together. Our foreheads were pressed gently against each others, chest rising and falling in unison and, our fingers entwined as the first few raindrops began to fall on the roof, made the soft pittering sound I had listened to so many times before in my lifetime.

He leaned forward and placed his lips gently against my own, I blushed brightly and could literally feel the color rising into my cheeks. We both smiled softly against each other's lips and closed our eyes, gently kissing each other as the rain continued to fall from the clouds. Slowly parting away we pressed our heads together again, smiling at each other lovingly and then I felt Thomas slip his arms around my waist, pulling me into his body and then he kissed my head softly, causing me to blush yet again. My stomach felt queasy as butterflies restlessy flew in circles, swirling around in my stomach due to my nervousness, or more out of love, I always gained when around him.

The raindrops soon became to come at a faster pace and made more noise as they fell onto the roof of the hotel. The gentle, constant thuds of water hitting the roof continued for well over half an hour and kept us awake, we eventually resorted to the television to enertain our now woken minds. Staying awake for hours we watched numerous different re-runs of shows, the light falling across ou faces as we watched, our bodies were curled up next to each others and out hands stayed together, our fingers still entwined as we stayed in the bed. after awhile I had to get the crutches I recieved from the paramedics so I could make my way to the restroom, I opened the door that led into the bathroom and saw another clip from a new paper stuck ion the window's threshold, this time i was rather hesitant of going near it, but I still found the oddity of the strnage events compelling to my curious mind.

"Thomas?" I called on him, in case there was anything else in the bathroom besides the paper and he soon appeared me.

"Yes?" his eyes soon laid upon the paper in the window and he was answered on why I called for him, he carefully pulled back the shower curtain knowing it was always were the murderers and such hid in the movies, but nothing was there and it was obvious the news paper was all. Thomas puilled it out with a shaking hand and read it aloud to me, informing me it was about yet another event occuring in the 90's. I insisted on reading it myself and he handed it to me willingly, knowing it would be of no use to start an agurement about it with me.

The article stated that in on October 5, 1994 on the same road we were currently on, an eighteen year old girl was attacked by a pack of unknown creatures, but according to her description they were coyotes, the same thing that had attacked me. Informing me that the girl had been bit in her lower left calf, the same spot I had been, the article intrigued me even more and I soon found myself reading it over and over.

"Why is it that both of the articles have had some effect on me, why are they so similar to this current time?" I asked,mainly to myself but looking at Thomas who was obviously confused also but assuered me it had to be a mere coincedende, but said he was also curious on the reason for this and what was controlling the blades in my kitchen a couple of nights ago, which was something we were both keen on fnding the truth behind. We decided it best to dispose of the article, so we opened the window and let it off into the stormy night, watching as it was carried of throuth the torents of rainfall by the strong wind. Closing the window quickly he left and I used the bathroom quickly, washed my hands and then joined hom inthe bed again, the storm was finally beggining to settle, the rain now just a patter as it fell onto the roof and allowed the atmosphere to become peaceful enough to sleep.

We slept comfortably throughtout the rest of the night, waking up at seven o' clock in the morning and we walked into the kitchen together, the rubber on the bottom of my crutches hitting the wood floors below me. I had alway began to miss my home, despite the event that occured, I had lived there for my whole life and it befuddled me why the strange events had only no began to occur. I grew up in that town and now my family had to leave for a indefinite amount of town to escape the horror my house now possesed. I already knew I was lucky on the fact Thomas had a few months away from his college so he could help me through this time and I was lucky that my school had now released the students for fall break, that way i wouldn't be missing any work while we were out of town and it also gave my leg time to heal.

My Dad walked in with a few bags in had, it being obvious he had went to one of the local stores to collect the ingridents for his panckes that he soon pulled out of the bags. This made me feel a little better since I would be allowed my favorite meal today in the morning. He cooked them the way he always did and my mother soon walked into the room, we ate together and the discussed the new article Thomas and I had found the night before.