‹ Prequel: Won't Give Up Easy
Status: Hiatus

Begging You

A Date

*Patrick*

Slowly opening his eyes, Scar filled his vision. The scene was similar to the one he’d experienced months ago. Much of his was afraid that she’d wake up and reject him like she did months ago. He feared that she would think it was a mistake, like she had a little before.

When her eyelids started to flutter, he held his breath. It was almost too much. Just like she did that morning, she smiled at him but even after a minute, her molten brown eyes still stared into his. Scar didn’t pull away or get out of the bed. She wasn’t going to run away.

“Morning.” He whispered. Scar’s hand slowly reached for his face. The hot touch of her skin against his set the path she touched on fire. Pat watched as she moved her face closer to his. For a breath, she stayed less than a centimeter away, just looking at him before reaching in for a kiss.

Pat moved a hand to her face. Her skin was a dewy and soft as it looked. To him, her messy hair, the slightly smudged makeup, it didn’t matter. As she pulled away, he could see her cheeks turn bright red. “Not a mistake?” The question was whispered.

“Not a mistake.” A simple murmured calmed him.

Everything he’d wanted to say the night before was starting to boil over. If he didn’t say it now he would explode. “Scar, don’t go on anymore dates with Viktor. Don’t go on any dates with anyone but me. Jesus Christ, can’t you see that I want you? Just to myself. As more than a nanny.”

“Stop paying me.” Her murmur sent a jolt of surprise through him. Before he could protest, her fingers pressed softly to his lips. “I have money saved up to hang out a bit and you basically buy all my necessities already. If you don’t stop, this can’t go on.”

“I’ll stop. Just admit, admit that you feel something, anything for me.” It was desperate and needy but he needed her to admit that it wasn’t just him going crazy.

“Patrick, I have feelings for you. I couldn’t stop thinking about you last night. I sat at dinner and wanted to be here.” Pat felt his heart soar. It wasn’t like anything he’d ever felt before.

“Say you’ll go on a date with me.”

“I’ll go.”

*Ryan*

Ryan watched as Scar got primped for Pat. He knew it was only a matter of time before they got back together. Still a small part of him hurt, he’d developed a tiny crush on her, but it wasn’t something he couldn’t get over. It was like when he had a crush on Callie.

“I don’t know why you’re bothering to get ready. Pat’s seen you no make-up, bags under your eyes, in sweatpants at three in the morning.” She glared at him through the mirror. If he wasn’t marveling over her beauty so much, he might have laughed.

Even more gorgeous than a few days before when she’d gone out with Viktor. He remembered when he came home and all of a sudden, her and Pat were kissing and giving each other looks.

Simply waiting for her to finish and entertain him, he sat on her bed. She wore dark tight jeans and a snug knit dark blue sweater. Her hair was long and flowed down her back, light reflected off the dangly earrings that peeked out through her hair.

“Thanks, Ryan. For taking care of Brennan tonight.” He just shrugged as she finished.

“Someone’s got to take care of the kid when you guys are out tom-foolering.”

“You know, some day. You’re going to make a great boyfriend.”

“Yeah? Call me if this doesn’t work out.” They both laughed, a part of him was serious, a part of him knew it would never ever happen.

*Scar*

Anticipation floods her body as she watches Pat maneuver through the Chicago roads. At the dinner, he’d been a perfect gentleman. Conversation flowed with the perfect amount of flirtation. Now, he was taking her somewhere secretive and she couldn’t handle it.

“Stop looking like I’m going to kill you somewhere, Scar. Just be patient.” His amused voice made her roll her eyes.

“I knew I should have never accept to go on a date with you Patrick Kane.” She winked at him before he had a chance to get offended. His laughed pealed in the car.

“Wow, so, you’ll sleep with me but don’t want go out with me? I feel really used.”

“You know… Viktor is really a great date. You’re plan sounds like it could work out, Patty Kane.” His soft shove made her laugh.

The car grew silent as he turned into Jon and Callie’s apartment complex’s garage. “We’re going to visit Jon and Callie. Why didn’t you just tell me?”

“Will you shut up woman? I’m trying to surprise you.” Pat sighed as got out of the car.

“Fuck you, Pat.” She told him as she hopped out of the car.

“Promise?” He winked at her and gripped her hand as they made their way into the lobby, only stopping to wait for the elevator doors to open. When the doors dinged open, he hit the top floor, completely ignoring the button that would lead them to their friends’ apartment.

“You know, how am I sure that you’re not going to kill me?” she joked.

“Who would I get to take care of Brennan, Scar?” she smiled at him. Anticipation running through her as they went higher and higher. When the elevator finally hit the top floor, he pulled her out of the elevator to the end of the hall. They pushed through a door and climbed up a short staircase.

Pat popped the door open and held it open for her to walk out. Before he were stars, thousands of stars that weren’t visible from the streets of the city. It absolutely took her breath away. “Pat, this is gorgeous.”

“Yeah, it is.” He whispered. Scar peaked over at him, he wasn’t even looking up, he was looking at her. Slowly, he inched closer to her. Their lips touched for a second. “You are so amazing.” He whispered against her lips. At that moment, Scar’s breath caught. Patrick Kane was turning her life upside down.
♠ ♠ ♠
Filler but it gets good next chapter! Promise. HINT: SOMEONE MAKES THEIR RETURN.

P.S. I'm sorry I haven't been updating often. I'm in the process of moving and it's going to take a while for me to finish this story. Plus, I've been kinda carried away with this new Tyler Seguin story I'm writing and I'm actually almost finished with that.

So look for that story after I finish this one and my Hallsy one!