‹ Prequel: Won't Give Up Easy
Status: Hiatus

Begging You

A Home

*Patrick*

Two weeks later…

Patrick watched as Scar tickled Brennan on the soft blanket she’d pulled off the couch to lay him on.
Stretching out his body, Pat laid on his side to watch them. Scar was glowing, her smile was infections and every time he looked at her, he wanted her more. They’d basically spent every moment together taking care of Brennan, going out with him, and coming to his skates. It was basically like they were a couple, without the benefits of sex.

On the flip side, whenever they’d gone out, he’d see hordes of men staring at her, looking as if they would fight him to get a piece of what she had. It inflamed him with jealousy, more often than not, he would lay a hand on her lower back, innocent enough to where she would think he was just guiding her, dominate enough to keep the bastards away.

He remembered the one time he hadn’t been able to be the dominate figure he needed to be. A few days before, they’d gone for a walk in a park, way out of the city, to breathe some real air. Patrick didn’t notice, but he should have. A group of paparazzi had followed them out. Without their notice, they watched the two of them play with Brennan, they photographed the family moments. Their pictures would tarnish the one Scarlet took that day of the three of them.

When they were finished with their day, Brennan had gotten tired and started whining softly, they’d made their way back to his car only to see the reporters surrounding it. They had rushed up to them and the flashing cameras in his son’s still delicate eyes made him cry. The yelling of questions at them hurt Bren’s ears. He’d never heard his son wail like that.

Soon, he heard a squeal and saw that in one reporters rush to talk to him, he had pushed Scar to the ground. She wasn’t all that hurt other than a couple bruises and scrapes on her forearms but it infuriated Pat. Why couldn’t they just have given him his privacy?

Patrick had to stop himself from continuing those thoughts and concentrated on what was in front of him. “I have something to show you and Ryan.” Pat murmured. Scar looked up at him with a raised brow.

“Ryan will be home soon, he just went out for lunch with some of the guys.” She smiled back down a Brennan.

“He can meet us there.” Pat quickly texted Ryan the address of his surprise and grabbed Brennan. If they hurried, the traffic out of the city wouldn’t be too bad. Scar just followed along, merely amused with Pat’s all of a sudden secretive plan.

Pat wanted Scarlet to know how much he appreciated what she’d done for him. All that she was sacrificing and how much she cared wasn’t going unnoticed by him. She had to know how important she was to him. How now, there’s nothing he wouldn’t do for her.

Every time she laughed, she squeezed herself further into his heart. Every time he got up in the middle of the night to check on Brennan and ran into her, he could feel himself start to need her. She thought it was just because she was taking care of his son, but for some reason, it was much more than that.

He wasn’t going to be delusional like Callie had been when she fell for Jon. Patrick knew that he was falling for Scarlet. He knew and there was nothing he could do about it. Maybe he’d fallen in love for the tragic woman he met at the wedding. Maybe it was the timing was finally right and he was getting his life in tune. Maybe it was simply the fact that she was perfect for him. It was just too bad that he would have to convince her of the same. That he could protect their future, together.

*Scarlet*

She couldn’t figure out where in the world Patrick was taking her. Scarlet also couldn’t figure out why he was looking at her like that. It wasn’t making her uncomfortable, it was almost like a warm glow. One that she wouldn’t let herself get used to.

So easily, she could just fall for Patrick. It would only be a matter of days. There was so much about him that she liked. It was his cute accent, it was the way he smiled, the way he loved Brennan, the way she’d see all these different sides of him, and how she actually knew him. But, likewise, it would never work between them.

Since the day she’d made it clear to him that if he tried anything on her, that she’d leave. He’d kept his personal distance from her when it came to that. It was clear to her that she was worth more to him as a nanny than as a girlfriend and she understood that.

It wouldn’t be good for them either. Scarlet thought about how sometimes when she went out, she hear slurs about her from other women. How just now as a nanny, she was getting so much criticism, how much worse would it be if they were in a relationship? Scar figured that Patrick would never touch her again and risk running his name through the dirt once more.

“What are you thinking about so hard?” he asked. She glanced over at him. Patrick wore that infamous grin, it made her heart skip a beat. This man was just too perfect.

“Where I would be if none of this ever happened?” The words came from her so quick, she didn’t even realize that she’d really been thinking it, but she had been over the past couple of days.

“You know, I would have found you when the season started. I would have apologized. I was out of line that day.” His big blue eyes looked so regretful and remorseful, she couldn’t have been angry if she still was.

“No, I’m sorry, Pat. I shouldn’t have said that when I woke up, I just… I was being stupid and judgmental. I was disappointed in myself. I don’t do that and I told myself way before I met you that I wouldn’t do things like that… and I did.” Scar paused, the next thing she would admit was probably the worst thing she could do, but Patrick looked so sad, she’d do anything to get the grin back. “And I’m glad I did.”

His head whipped up. A twinkle came into the blue shining orbs. “You’re glad you had sex with me?” Scar gave him a scalding look and glanced in the back to where Brennan was napping.

“I mean, you weren’t that bad.” She joked, they both giggled. “If that was the only way to get where I am now. Then yes, because I care about you a lot Pat. You’re a good friend of mine now, and I love Brennan. I mean, how can you not love him?” She melted. When she had her own child one day, she hoped he was exactly like Brennan.

“I’m glad too. I don’t think I’ll ever be able to repay you for snapping me out of my self-loathing. But I can start with this.” Pat pulled his car into a huge driveway. She’d been so distracted with their conversation that she hadn’t even noticed they’d entered a residential neighborhood that she knew was a little ways from the city. The neighborhood she’d dreamed of living once she became successful.

The house was beautiful. It was painted a soft muted yellow. The paneling was gray, matching perfectly, creating the perfect contrast. Pat drove past the front and parked his car right in front of the garage that was situated behind the house. She glanced at the backyard, It was huge. There was a stone walkway that led to an outside patio. It was a beautiful sight.

“Go inside, explore, tell me what you think, I’ll get Brennan.” Scar didn’t need to be told twice. Patrick had discussed with her about her helping him search for a house. Never did she think it would start so soon. She walked to the front. A huge bay window stuck out in the front.

The walkway up to the front was secluded, thanks to huge green trees that covered the view of the tiny front porch with a bench on it. When she walked in, she was greeted with a huge beautiful staircase and dark hardwood floors.

Walking through the house, she saw creamy muted colors and light airy spaces. It was literally one of the most beautiful homes she’d ever walked into. She could see Patrick raising his son here and one day, they would add a wife and Scar would be out of the picture. The thought brought a twinge of pain, but she pushed it aside as she walked into the kitchen.

Scar heard her own breath catch. The white wood against the dark granite and stainless steel appliances held a modern twist, while still feeling like home. The huge island had a pretty bowl of fruit on it. She would convince Patrick that he needed one when he moved it.

“Beautiful isn’t it?” Patrick voice startled her. His eyes probed her. She could see Ryan behind him, nearly bubbling with excitement.

“Yeah, it is. If you’re going to get it, I think you should decorate it something like this. It’s masculine but not a bachelor pad. I like it. I would decorate it this way.”

Patrick just laughed at her. Scar was getting a little ticked off, why would he show her this house and then laugh at her opinion. She could feel her eyebrows come together. When Patrick looked up, he saw that she was upset and handed Brennan to Ryan.

“You didn’t figure out did you?” his voice was soft but his eyes were smiling. She just shook her head.

“I already bought this place. My parents came down to make sure it would be suitable. I had a designer furnish it.” Excitement and happiness ran through her. She’d be living in this perfect place.

“YES!” Ryan yelled out. “Pat, his place is awesome. Did you see the pool in the back? I did.” The nineteen year old kid in Ryan was coming out and it was making them all laugh.

“Can you see all of us living here?” Pat asked. The question was a bit too intense to be asking a nanny, Scar just took it as him asking his friend.

“Yes, it’s lovely. Or it will be until we child proof the place.”

“Yeah, it would really suck if Ryan shocked himself sticking a finger into an electrical socket.” The two of them laughed at the rookies expense. He flipped them the middle finger.

“Hey, not around the baby!” She yelled after him as he was making his way upstairs. Patrick collapsed onto the soft couch in the room just off the kitchen.

“Yeah, I could get used to this.” He murmured before tossing her a smile. For the first time since she arrived in the city, she felt like she was home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, you guys. Sorry, this is long overdue. Here's a little bit of happiness in all the gloom of this story. But don't worry, the troubles will be back in the next chapter.

I may or may not be updating more frequently. I've just been so busy but my work load should decrease, relatively soon.

Also, I started a Taylor Hall story, to help when I get writer's block for this one! So check it out!