His Secretary

Chapter 2 - Challenging The CEO.

Chapter 2 - Challenging The CEO

Cyndi POV

"C-CEO"? I stutter.

Am I hearing things? I really hope I am. He can't be the CEO!

The 'CEO' snickers and I glare at him. I immediately soften my glare as I realize who I am glaring at. I look at everyone in the room. Beside the Steven, the CEO, there is an elderly woman, no more than 45 years of age, and two more men. The woman is smiling kindly at me, I smile back, while the other men look at me disapprovingly.

I gulp, I'm definitely not getting this job. I'm such a screw up! No time to get depressed Cyndi! I look up directly into Steven's eyes and don't dare look away. I'm not backing down easily!

I need this job. I need to get out of that apartment and get a new car.

"Your résumé?" Asks the woman.

I hurry over to the woman with my résumé and hand it to her. She takes it from me and goes through the file. I nervously stand on the side lines making sure that my nervousness doesn't show.

"Ah a degree in business." Says the woman, whose name I don't know. "And you received a silver medal." She said seeming impressed.

Beside her, Steven snorts. Don't glare Cyndi, I try to calm myself down.

"You worked at an adult store?" She asks me.

I feel somewhat ashamed but I don't show it. Instead, I hold my head up high.

"Yes I did, but I quit. Don't let that cloud your mind, I'm still good at doing whatever I put my mind to." I say confidently.

She nods, smiling slightly at me. "Overall you have a good profile, but what makes you think that you are qualified, no... good enough to work for the Traton Enterprise?" The woman asks me.

Umm..."When I take a responsibility, I always carry it out. I don't give up easily, Which means that If you hire me, it'll be impossible for you to get rid of me." I say looking at all of them directly in the eyes.

"I never give up, no matter how hard the task is. And lastly I have experience in dealing with arrogant people." I look at Steven as I say this.

His mouth drops and he looks over at other people in the room and points at me. The men look shocked and the woman is smiling at me.

"H-how dare you? You can't speak to me that way!" He exclaims.

"Sit down CEO!" I demand. He immediately sits down and gets back up when he realizes what he did.

I laugh mentally, he's a coward.

"You're hired." Says the woman.

"I am?"

"She is?"

I pump my fist in the air. Yes! I can't believe this. I got a job at Traton Enterprise, the biggest construction company in Canada!

"She can't be hired!" Steven gaps at the woman. "Did you not see how she disrespected me?" He screams at her.

"She's hired and that's final. And don't speak to me that way, I'm your mother." She says sternly.

Mother? Oh my god, she's her mother, I disrespected her son son in front of her.

They all get up and exit the room. The woman walks towards me and extends her hand. "My name is Lexi Traton, congratulations on your new job." She says to me.

I clasp her hand and smile gratefully at her. "Thank you so much, ma'am." I smile.

She nod and leans in, "My son there," she points to Steven. "Has a bad habit of working over night and sleeping through the morning, he can be arrogant and extremely cocky."

I snort at that. He seems like a spoiled rich brat.

"I need a worker that can keep him in check. Cyndi, honey, I'm counting on you to keep him in line. And don't hesitate to take extreme measures if he doesn't get to meetings on time." She says to me.

She, then, exits the room. I turn around to face my new boss. I smirk at him and he looks at me nervously. He probably thinks I'm going to murder him.

Steven POV

She's going to murder me.

She walks toward me and stops when she's a couple of feet away from me. I narrow my eyes at her. I'm the boss here, not the other way around.

I clear my throat and stand up. "Starting tomorrow, you'll be my personal assistant. Your job is to schedule my meetings, remind me of my meetings, take phone calls, make sure I get to scheduled events on time." He lists out my jobs. I nod my hands taking notes in my brain.

"Your annual package is $60, 000." I tell her. She chokes, is that not enough?

"Fine $65, 000, I'm not going any higher. You don't have any experience." I state. "You will get full benefits, make sure you don't misuse them."

"Thank you." She says.

"Don't thank me lady, you're only here because of my so called mother." I say with a mono-tone voice.

She storms forward and slams her hand on the desk. "Listen here CEO and listen close," I jump up on my chair, my feet on the chair and my hands on handles, leaning away from the lioness in front of me. She's looking at me like she's on a hunt. Jase was right, women are freaks!

"You might be my boss, but according to your mother, I can do whatever I
please to make sure you follow your schedule. And that is exactly what I'm going to do. You better prepare yourself because starting tomorrow, you will do as I say." Then she turns around and exits the room.

I sit on the chair, my mouth hanging open. This is the first time someone has spoken to me this way and I don't like it. I am not about to let this woman control me, and she's not even my fucking wife!

Cyndi POV

I exit the room, my heart beating fast. I can't believe I just did that! I walk towards the exit and make my way to my beat up car. I don't stop as I open the door and take a seat.

Please work, I beg my car. I put the key in and turn it. I gasp as the car turns on. This is the first time it's turned on in the first try!

I think as I try. $65, 000. I can finally live for myself and pay back the student loan. I can get out of that trash place and get a new car. I smile but it fades as soon as I remember that I had challenged my boss.

Cyndi you idiot! He's probably going to fire me tomorrow. His mom! I'm sure she won't let him fire me, after all, she said that I can take extreme measures.

Just you wait and watch CEO, I'm going to make your life hell at your own company.

------------------------------------------------------------------