Status: Just started! :)

Carry On

The Weight

“Hey, are you all right Jill?” the brunette asked, and the younger one nodded, her long hair bouncing slightly with the movement.

“Yeah, I will be,” she nodded, and the first offered a weak smile, wrapping her arms around the younger girl in a protective manner.

“I’m so sorry about this; after this party we won’t make you go to another one, okay? You know Jasmine and I just wanted you to have fun,” she insisted, and the younger girl rolled her eyes before smiling.

“I know, sorry for being such a buzz kill all of the time,” Jill apologized, to which the first girl shook her head.

“You aren’t. This just isn’t your scene – I get it. It really isn’t mine either,” she admitted, and soon both girls were giggling. Jasmine spots them and walks over – nearly identical to the older of two girls, a wide, obviously inebriated smile on her face.

“Jill! Jenna! Why aren’t you da-ancing?” she asked, twirling in a circle to emphasize her point. This was Jasmine’s stage – she thrived on the attention.

“Just talking,” Jenna shrugged, wrapping an arm around Jasmine’s shoulders just as she had around Jill’s. After some convincing the three made their way back to the living room of the party. It doesn’t take long for Jill to begin feeling unwell, and Jenna offers to drive her home. Jasmine is still wrapped up in a bunch of other friends, so Jenna tells her to call or text when she needs a ride home.

“So… first big college party; what’d you think?” Jenna asks, eyeing her friend through the rearview mirror.

“Bleh, I think I’m gonna be sick,” she groans, making the older of the two laugh. She turns into the parking lot and stops the car before responding.

“That’s okay – some greasy McDonald’s tomorrow morning should help that,” she winked, laughing as Jill made a face before they got out of the vehicle and made their way into the small home. They split up – going to their own rooms and getting ready for bed. Jenna checks on Jill on her way down the hall – her friend is face down on the mattress, snoring loudly and sleeping deeply. She goes to the medicine cabinet and gets a Tylenol for her friend, putting it on the night stand next to a glass of water before heading to her own room.

“And then…?” the police officer prompted her to continue, while she fought through more tears.

“I fell asleep – I never got a text from Jasmine, so I assume she ended up at a friend’s house or something. I woke up because my nose was burning… you know, that kind of smoky, burning feeling?” he nodded, making notes while she spoke. “I threw on some clothes, and made my way to Jill’s room. She… she…” the sobs took over her then, rendering her incapable of speaking any further. The officer nodded, waving his deputy over to help comfort the University student as she cried over her friend. The girl had been found in bed, the sheets and mattress soaked in blood, her eyes wide and mouth open, as if she’d been about to scream when she’d been attacked. There was no evidence of forced entry to the home, no fingerprints that shouldn’t have been there, nothing.

“I see. Thanks for your time, Ms. Munn,” he nodded curtly before walking over to the other supervising officer.

“I don’t think she had anything to do with it – she found the poor thing and called 911,” he relayed the information, taking off his hat and wiping a bead of sweat from his brow. All he could think about was his own daughter who was in Texas for University as well. He’d be giving her a call once they got this mess straightened out, that was for sure.

“Has anyone contacted the other roommate?” he asked, and the second man nodded.

“Yes, we just got a hold of her about a half an hour ago – she’s on her way here now, Garry,”

He sighed, before replacing his hat on his head. How this could have happened to these poor girls he had no idea. They’d grown up in town, the three of them as close as sisters.

“Well, let’s get Jenna something warmer – it’s too cold outside for just that sweater, and when Jasmine arrives have an officer explain to her what happened and make sure she’s all right,” the second officer nodded as Garry made his way back to his patrol car. Ellensburg didn’t usually see this kind of gruesome murders, especially not involving students from CWU.

The three girls seemed to be the victims of a random attack; they’d grown up in town, and as far as any records go or anyone’s accounts you couldn’t find nicer people. Reasonably quiet, friendly, intelligent university students who wouldn’t hurt a fly. So why had one ended up dead?
♠ ♠ ♠
So... here is my first ever attempt at a Supernatural fanfic, as well as my first time every writing (And sticking to) a third-person POV! It's really difficult for me, but so far I'm okay with how it's turning out... let me know what you think! :)