Status: Just started! :)

Carry On

Comfortably Numb

Sam was wrestling the demon until she flung him into the wall as well, the Colt falling out of his hand and skidding underneath Jenna’s bed. Both Jenna and Jasmine saw it and went for it, Dean’s eyes widening before he tried to hamper Jasmine to try and help Jenna get there in time. The demon escaped his grip, but he slowed her enough that Jenna beat her to the edge of the rug that surrounded her bed. She dove under the bed and he saw her pull the gun into her arms, before Jasmine was pulling at her and clawing.

“Stop!” Dean hollered, but neither listened. Jasmine brought a knee up to Jenna’s abdomen and she crumpled to the ground, the Colt laying beside her. Jasmine picked it up and tested its weight in her hand, before cocking the gun and pointing it at her twin.

“Only one of us could have survived, Jenna. You were always weak, did you know that? Too weak to stand up for yourself, too weak to speak up. Too weak to live up to your potential in life; obviously. Otherwise dear little Jill would still be with you, right?” she asked, and Jenna laid there as the tears streamed down her face. Dean didn’t know what to do, and Sam was laying motionless on the floor. He could’ve sworn he saw Jenna’s figure start to glow ever so slightly, and blinked, sure he was imagining things.

“Why’d you have to kill her Jasmine? She didn’t need to die. She could’ve done things with her life, how can you live with yourself knowing you put an end to that for no reason?” Jenna quietly asked, not looking up into Jasmine’s face. The calm tone in her voice frightened Dean; because he knew that she seemed to have accepted the fact she was about to die. Damn angels always had to just accept whatever was going to happen as fate.

“She would’ve had to go anyway,” was the nonchalant response, and suddenly Jasmine was knocked backwards. With a gasp she tried to right herself, and Dean grabbed the colt, before crouching beside Jenna to see that she was all right. He looked over and saw a smaller brown-haired girl standing in front of the demon, whose eyes were wide.

“How the hell are you here?” she hissed, and the apparition shrugged.

“Jenna would have done anything for me Jasmine, it’s about time I returned the favor for once,” was the whisper-like reply, and Jasmine cried out in pain, falling to her knees. Jenna looked up and saw the spirit of her friend, who offered her a watery smile.

“It wasn’t your fault Jenna; I don’t hold you responsible. I had to say goodbye, I had to tell you that,” she explained before disappearing. Dean aimed at the demon who seemed to be writhing in pain in front of the window, but Jenna put her hand on his.

“I… I have to do this,” she whispered, her voice weak and frightened.

“You sure?” he asked, and she nodded, taking the colt from him. He watched nervously as she stood up and approached the girl who was her twin, before kneeling down in front of her.

“It didn’t have to be this way Jas. We could’ve just been happy; you didn’t have to do any of this,” she cried, the tears streaming uninhibited down her cheeks. “All you had to do was tell me; I would’ve asked my parents and they would have told me the truth. The three of us could’ve started being real sisters.”

She held the gun up then and Dean could clearly see the shaking.

“You said only one of us could have survived Jasmine; and I know why. We would always be trying to counter-act the other, like we always have,” she bit her lip, trying to stay strong. “But consider this me putting an end to being weak. I want to put you out of this misery that you’ve been drug into Jasmine.”

Jenna’s finger tightened on the trigger, but before she could pull it the demon lunged at her, and Jenna screamed as Dean saw blood; the demon clawing at her.

“No! Jenna!” he lunged for the two of them, but saw a bright flash of light and then heard the gun go off before he got there. It was so bright that he was forced to turn and shield his eyes from the two of them. He didn’t know who’d managed to have the gun in their hand or where it was pointing, but it went from being a cacophony of noise to dead silence in moments. He rushed to her side, and pushed the demon off of her. Jenna’s eyes were closed, her midsection covered in blood. He cradled her in his arms, pushing her hair off of her face before searching for a pulse. A weak breath passed her lips, and her eyelashes fluttered slightly.

“Jenna, Jenna you’re gonna be okay, we’ll get you to the hospital – you’re gonna be all right. Just like I promised,” he insisted, but she smiled softly.

“It’s okay Dean. I think it might be past my time anyway… that fire…” she coughed, some blood coming up and Dean gently wiped it from the corner of her lip.

“No, you’ll be all right,” he pushed.

“Dean; does this look like I’ll be all right?” she asked, and he couldn’t stand to look at her torn and bleeding body, because he knew it was serious.

“We have to try,” he told her, gingerly lifting her. She whimpered at the movement, and Dean grimaced as he tried to get her downstairs.

“Dean… Dean what happened?” he turned as he heard Sam’s voice, glad that his little brother was okay.

“Jenna’s hurt Sam; we need to get her to the hospital, now,” was his bark of an order, and as if drunk Sam stumbled over to them and out of the room, Dean right behind him. They both briefly looked for the angel, but he appeared to have disappeared when the demon had shown up. So much for being there to help – if Dean didn’t want to tear the son of a bitch to shreds before he sure did now.

“Dean stop; it hurts too much,” Jenna asked as they got to the bottom of the stairs. Dean paused, and she sucked in a ragged breath.

“There’s someone behind you,” she mumbled, but when he looked at Sam, his expression told Dean that he couldn’t see anybody. That could only mean one thing.

“You son of a bitch you stay away from her! It’s not her time – not yet!” Dean yelled and began speed walking to the front door and his car again. Sam was hot on his heels, and as Dean got himself in the backseat with Jenna in his arms Sam rushed to the front, starting the car and peeling away from the house in the direction of the hospital.

“Hold on Jenna; damnit just hold on,” Dean’s voice was gruff, and Jenna managed a partial smile for him, lifting her hand slightly. Dean took hold of it, and she relaxed against him.

“Thanks Dean, for everything. I probably would have died that first night if you guys hadn’t been here… and now… now I know all of it…” she closed her eyes, but Dean shook her lightly, causing her to groan in pain. He hated to do it, but he needed something holding her here, to him, to her life.

“Don’t you let go Jenna – I mean it. I’ll go straight up to heaven and pull you back down if I have to,” he told her, and as Sam pulled up to the hospital started running to the emergency. There were tears running down his face, because even as he walked in the doors, he knew it was too late.
♠ ♠ ♠
There's only one chapter left in this story! I'm sorry I've been so terrible at updating this - I hope you guys don't hold it against me too much!

Let me know what you think!

Hayley