Status: Semi-hiatus due to school, sorry about the wait!!

Shift

Chapter Ten

When Scott and Hank arrived back at the mansion they found a rush of commotion. A group of students were standing in the hall whispering excitedly. They knew right away something bad had happened while they were gone.

"All right, get a move on! Everyone back to your rooms!" Scott ordered, pushing through the crowd.

They hurried down to the med-lab where the rest of the X-men were.

"What happened?" Hank questioned, moving to the side of the unconscious student.

"Girl went to sleep, roommate couldn't get her to wake back up. Seems she just slipped into a coma."

Scott shook his head. "It's just been one thing after another with this girl since she got here."

"Anyway, Kite Sterling was kind enough to give us a list of places we might find his sister. Hank, you can stay here with the girl. The rest of you... we have work to do."

_____________________________________________________________________________________

After spending the next few hours researching and formulating a plan, they decided to search the first location they thought was most likely to be where they would find Stella.

They approached carefully. The place appeared deserted, but knowing the Spooks' M.O., they could be watching them even without them realizing it.

"What is it with these people and abandoned buildings anyway?" Scott muttered, motioning for the others to keep an eye on all angles.

Suddenly a group of gray-clothed figures appeared in front of them, holding what appeared to be assault rifles and looking very angry.

"Something tells me that's not the welcoming committee." Logan unsheathed his claws and prepared for an attack.

The Spooks formed a semi-circle around the X-men. Scott stared at them, waiting for the right moment to send his team into action.

"Enough!" A harsh voice commanded. The Spooks looked back and quickly parted as someone walked up to them.

"I can handle this from here. Return to your posts." The Spooks quickly obeyed without questioning the interloper, shocking the X-men.

"My apologies. They take their duties very seriously."

The man stepped in front of Scott, looking him directly in the face.

Scott tilted his back in surprise. His mind flashed back to the file Forge had showed him.

"Ivan Valentine. You look really good for a guy who's been dead for five years."
♠ ♠ ♠
My deepest apologies for the delay. School's been really tough, and I don't have much free time to work on the story. I won't abandon it though, promise!