Status: Semi-hiatus due to school, sorry about the wait!!

Shift

Chapter Eleven

The stranger smirked. “You’ve done your homework. Impressive.”

“Why are you here? And where’s Stella?” Scott’s temper was beginning to strain.

“Research, of course. That’s what us scientists do best, after all.” He purposely ignored the second part of the question, taking a strange device from his pocket and fiddling with it.

Logan snapped. “Where is she?! What are you doing with the stuff you’re stealing?” He grabbed Ivan’s lab coat and pulled him a few inches closer, unsheathing his claws in his other hand. Ivan remained unfazed.

“If you must know, we’re working on an unorthodox medical treatment, the reason for I’m sure you can guess. I don’t know exactly what they’re doing with the goods, but I’m sure Stella has a plan for that, as she always does… she’s working on it right now. Well, plan B, that is. She had to can the first one after S.H.I.E.L.D. started looking for her. Damn feds, always ruining everything.”

Scott blinked in astonishment. How the hell that guy just managed to say all of that with three foot-long, razor-sharp claws pointed directly at his jugular was beyond him. Maybe the Spooks really were all insane.

“Why is S.H.I.E.L.D looking for her? Do they know about her connection with you?” Scott gestured for Logan to release the scientist, and he grumpily obliged.

Ivan smirked again. “We’ve very good at covering our tracks. It would have taken you at least another six months to figure out what she was up to if she hadn’t decide to bring you in on it- why she wanted to dot that in the first place is beyond me. No, they wanted her for questioning in connection with a murder case, which is ridiculous because she would have been about nine years old at the time. Where they get their sources, I have no idea.”

Scott was becoming more and more perplexed by the minute. “A murder case?!”

“Yeah, apparently they somehow know she’s a mutant, and with her “mysterious past”, and the about the right time frame, they think she committed a really bloody murder and conned her way into being adopted by a rich and powerful family for protection before she reached puberty, never mind the fact that even her default form looks absolutely nothing like the person they think she is. Damn feds, I’ll tell you.”

There was silence for the next few minutes while the X-men tried to process whatever the hell it was Ivan had just said, again.

“What was the name of the person they think she murdered?” Storm asked quietly.

“Uh… I believe it was D. Young. Why? Was he someone really important or something?”

Scott’s heart sank. “You mean Young as in…?”

Storm shook her head sadly. “Sophie Young. I knew there was something off about that girl.”